Adamec; lengthy article by Carl on Courtney | The Boneyard

Adamec; lengthy article by Carl on Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice article. Hope Courtney gets rewards for her hard work.....

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
geesh a few rough comments at the bottom of the article

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nice article. Really rooting for her. But with all the talent coming in behind her, she's really got her work cut out. If the 3 freshmen have more upside, it's possible they could end up ahead of her on the depth chart. IMHO she has a better shot at playing a guard position - if her ball handling and passing skills are top notch, and UCONN "really" only has Jefferson, Nurse and Chong as guards, she could easily see some time as the 4th guard. I guess it will depend on how much she improved over the summer. Go get 'em, Courtney!

Reaction Score
I think we're all pulling hard for Courtney, while simultaneously sober about the harsh realities attendant, especially this year, upon earning floor minutes. The competition from the Freshmen will be fierce, especially, I think, from Napheesa, who looks to be a special talent. Courtney's one realistic chance to be a real contributor, and to position herself well for her Junior and Senior years, lies in proving that she can come off the bench and reliably drain some big threes when the offense could use a bit of a lift. That's a tall order, but, as we've seen, Notre Dame always seems to have a player who can effectively fill that role, and minutes will always be available for such a contributor. Being an effective role player on a championship caliber team is no small thing, and I hope that this pathway is one she earns.

HGN

Reaction Score
Good article....Thanks Adamec.

I thought the article was truthful and insightful. Courtney knew she had to make improvements and I think it will pay off in more PT and in confidence. And with confidence will come more reliable shooting from her. Whether she starts or not will be up to the coaches but I think she will provide a more reliable and productive player this year than she was last year.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
geesh a few rough comments at the bottom of the article
Agree - one obviously learning challenged and almost illegible.
I think Courtney actually had a sort of typical freshman year at Uconn with the added problem of medical issues. Kiah I always felt really suffered her first two years with niggling physical issues - she would start putting something together and then head to the bench for a few weeks with an ankle or something, and have to play catch-up the rest of each year. Six weeks missed as a freshman can be pretty devastating. Hope she can come in and carve out a solid role this year and STAY HEALTHY. She is a guard and there should be plenty of minutes available if she can contribute as even if you count Gabby as a guard, the fiercest competition is at forward.

Reaction Score
not really... was surprised they knew how to post onto the article
He used to post on the Yard,mainly on the men's board as wilchap#### (or something like that) progressively growing more unintelligible and eventually moved on. Turns out, still has access to the Internet :rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Notre Dame always seems to have a player who can effectively fill that role

Huh? Meaning no disrespect. I just don't have a name on that player? Who was it in the last 10 minutes of the Nat'l Championship?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Huh? Meaning no disrespect. I just don't have a name on that player? Who was it in the last 10 minutes of the Nat'l Championship?
Cable/Mabrey type of players. Not overly athletic, not overly naturally gifted, but very hard workers with a great ability to get open and nail 3's. I think both have improved a fair amount since their freshmen years, but if Courtney can enjoy a similar trajectory, she could be a really solid contributor for UCONN...! :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Cable/Mabrey type of players. Not overly athletic, not overly naturally gifted, but very hard workers with a great ability to get open and nail 3's. I think both have improved a fair amount since their freshmen years, but if Courtney can enjoy a similar trajectory, she could be a really solid contributor for UCONN...! :)

Don't want to be disputacious (yeah I made it up) with you Eric, but Mabrey has flamed out more than she has produced and Madison Cable, tough I like her pluck, is no Kelly Faris. While Cable has a relatively high percentage on the 3, it is the virtue of small numbers. If you look at her ND bio it has a section of running sentence fragments about her games as an Irish which pretty much tells the tale of a bit player.

http://www.und.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/madison_cable_760093.html

When a certain Jewell of a player left a year early the Notre dame Nation held its collective breath about Cable getting and using a 5th year, thinking her presence will prove a salve to that injury. I hope that is true for her, but I doubt it. If she is not under the radar, she's not getting it done reliably IMO.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Madison Cable and Micheal Mabry both shot well!! Hannah Huffman tried to defend Stewie but at 5'8" it was an impossible task.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Cable is pretty tough, though. She hit the game winner in the FF semi against SC. She can't do much against UConn's superior athleticism but against other teams she's not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom