Adamec: KLS... Tale of the tape | The Boneyard

Adamec: KLS... Tale of the tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The 6-foot-3 wing from Huntington Beach, Calif., didn’t have her ankles taped as she usually does prior to the May 25 night session at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo. While going for a loose ball, Samuelson stepped on a teammate’s foot and hurt her left ankle. An MRI showed no major damage but the injury forced her to miss the U-18 3×3 national tournament.

LINK

Reaction Score
The 6-foot-3 wing from Huntington Beach, Calif., didn’t have her ankles taped as she usually does prior to the May 25 night session at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo. While going for a loose ball, Samuelson stepped on a teammate’s foot and hurt her left ankle. An MRI showed no major damage but the injury forced her to miss the U-18 3×3 national tournament.

LINK
Its always the little things that come to bite you,

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Never saw a game that the Samuelson girls didnt have their ankles taped. I dont know if they did it for practices in the past.
WOW, very lucky it wasnt worse than what happened.
By the way there was a prior picture posted in a different topic on KLS knees, and a lot of bandages. Some posters were concerned. Her knees are fine, as far as I know.
Picture here, USA website, shows only knee pads, which nearly all girls who played on her old club team, Cal Swish, wear. She is used to wearing them.
http://www.usab.com/photos/14_wu17_tc_gallery_11.html

Not a bad thing for a 17 year old to be doing during the summer, going to the Czech Republic and China. For me, going to Coney Island was the Hi-lite.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Never saw a game that the Samuelson girls didnt have their ankles taped. I dont know if they did it for practices in the past.
WOW, very lucky it wasnt worse than what happened.
By the way there was a prior picture posted in a different topic on KLS knees, and a lot of bandages. Some posters were concerned. Her knees are fine, as far as I know.
Picture here, USA website, shows only knee pads, which nearly all girls who played on her old club team, Cal Swish, wear. She is used to wearing them.
http://www.usab.com/photos/14_wu17_tc_gallery_11.html

Not a bad thing for a 17 year old to be doing during the summer, going to the Czech Republic and China. For me, going to Coney Island was the Hi-lite.
Speaking of knee pads....

images

Reaction Score
I was told once that routiune taping inhibits muscle growth. Is there any truth to that? The example was an elbow.

Reaction Score
I was told once that routiune taping inhibits muscle growth. Is there any truth to that? The example was an elbow.
Some believe that "preventive" taping, bracing, etc, doesn't encourage/allow the muscles supporting the joint to get as strong as they need to be because they're relying on the artificial support all the time.

Last edited:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Speaking of knee pads....

images

Maya also has those ankle braces that she has worn forever, thigh pads, the whole bit.

Maya takes the floor like she's going to war, and always has!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Some believe that "preventative" taping, bracing, etc, doesn't encourage/allow the muscles supporting the joint to get as strong as they need to be because they're relying on the artificial support all the time.

ahem

Preventive.

Rhymes with attentive, not tentative.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Maya also has those ankle braces that she has worn forever, thigh pads, the whole bit.

Maya takes the floor like she's going to war, and always has!

Geno once said she had more padding than the Michelin man.

Reaction Score
ahem

Preventive.

BTW both dictionary.com and Websters Online Dictionary recognize "preventative" as an alternative form of "preventive". And MS Word doesn't spell-check it. Whatever...

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
BTW both dictionary.com and Websters Online Dictionary recognize "preventative" as an alternative form of "preventive". And MS Word doesn't spell-check it. Whatever...

I apologize for being less tolerant than the sources you cited ("sighted"?). They most likely tolerate spellings like judgement and supercede. (I don't.)

As for reliance on spell-checking devices, I lifted this from an anonymous source:

Eye have a spelling chequer
It came with my Pea Sea
It plane lee markes four my revue
Miss steaks I can knot sea

Eye strike the quays and type a whirred
And weight four it to say
Weather eye am write oar wrong
It tells me straight a weigh

Eye ran this poem threw it
Your shore real glad two no
Its very polished in its weigh
My chequer tolled me sew

Reaction Score
Some believe that "preventive" taping, bracing, etc, doesn't encourage/allow the muscles supporting the joint to get as strong as they need to be because they're relying on the artificial support all the time.
Right, I suppose it can be ameliorated by weight training and applicable exercize though.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
ahem

Preventive.

Interesting.

I use 'preventative' as a noun and 'preventive' as an adjective. I did not realize that 'preventive' had an accepted usage as a noun but now that I think about it, I guess I have heard it used that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom