Adamec: interesting stuff on Megan Walker 2017 #1 | The Boneyard

Adamec: interesting stuff on Megan Walker 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
From yesterday's article by Carl in the JI:

BTW: she was voted 'homecoming princess' last month at Monacan High!

Apparently she just loved her unofficial visit up here last month. Loved the campus....the small town feel
of the place....enjoyed watching the kids practice [hard] and said it was similar in some ways to the way her high school team goes at it....loved the First Night atmosphere.

Her high school coach compares her game to Jamaal Wilkes [UCLA back in the day]. Great outside
shooting...athletic enough to take it to the basket....unselfish...humble/hard worker.

wing player....6'1"...sounds like she would fit in just great.

Let's see: when she enters college:
our squad would have:

seniors: Natalie Butler, Kia Nurse, Courtney Ekmark, Sadie Edwards
juniors: Katie Lou, Napheesa, DeJanae
sophs: Crystal Dangerfield and.....??

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great stuff Blake! Thanks for all the info. I love that kids game. I am very very high on her. For reference, think Maya Moore but with slightly better hops...

Reaction Score
Paul196ost: 1115363 said:
I hope we get her and one BIG for 2016
Tori Mccoy?? Maybe or the 6'9 kid wouldn't hurt

Reaction Score
Tori Mccoy?? Maybe or the 6'9 kid wouldn't hurt

The 6'9 kid you are referring to is Felicia "Fee" Aiyeotan and is extremely raw at this point and I think would be considered a project. McCoy on the other hand is much more polished and is considered more of a "sure thing".

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jamal Wilkes is an NCAA champion, NBA champion, and Hall of Famer.

Reaction Score
UCONN will be on National TV how many times s season outside the NCAA tournament?......30+......Every big time player knws if theplay at this level and some know its too hard.

2016 and 2017 classes will be intereing watch..

Reaction Score
Great stuff Blake! Thanks for all the info. I love that kids game. I am very very high on her. For reference, think Maya Moore but with slightly better hops...

E- Your posts are always among the best and most insightful, and I do look forward to them, but you have lost your mind. "Think Maya Moore"? Think you'd better get out of that California sun, friend. :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
E- Your posts are always among the best and most insightful, and I do look forward to them, but you have lost your mind. "Think Maya Moore"? Think you'd better get out of that California sun, friend. :)
Just you wait, grasshopper! :D

Reaction Score
The one recruit that reminded me of Maya was the Italian girl they were talking about on the BY a few weeks ago. She had a beautiful step back jump shot and the first person I thought of was Moore.

Reaction Score
The one recruit that reminded me of Maya was the Italian girl they were talking about on the BY a few weeks ago. She had a beautiful step back jump shot and the first person I thought of was Moore.

Watching Maya play in the FIBA Worlds last month confused the hell out of me- I have always regarded Taurasi as THE best, but Maya's game, in every aspect (offense, defense, rebounding, passing, leadership) is simply incredible. Nobody will ever supplant DT on top of my list of the greatest in WBB; however, she now has a running mate- Diana and Maya are 1a and 1b in my book.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Watching Maya play in the FIBA Worlds last month confused the hell out of me- I have always regarded Taurasi as THE best, but Maya's game, in every aspect (offense, defense, rebounding, passing, leadership) is simply incredible. Nobody will ever supplant DT on top of my list of the greatest in WBB; however, she now has a running mate- Diana and Maya are 1a and 1b in my book.
I agree - I found it interesting that in almost every game Maya took it upon herself to get the offense started - taking and making the first shot(s). Seeing her score had to be a calming influence on the rest of the team. I suspect if someone charted her scoring in the WC based on four minute segments of games, the first four minutes would show up as her most 'productive' time on the court.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Getting into comparisons of Diana vs. Maya is tantamount to walking on very thin ice or playing with matches. Very risky.

However, it is quite fair to say that Diana had (among many) ONE unique quality that especially endeared her to UConn fans. She was at her very best when playing vs. the accursed Tennessee LadyVols. Game after game, one dagger after another into orange hearts. If ever a player earned the eternal wrath of the UT fan base (and the simultaneous adoration in perpetuity of the UConn faithful), it was Diana.

Now we count on Stewie to similarly shut the door on Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Getting into comparisons of Diana vs. Maya is tantamount to walking on very thin ice or playing with matches. Very risky.

However, it is quite fair to say that Diana had (among many) ONE unique quality that especially endeared her to UConn fans. She was at her very best when playing vs. the accursed Tennessee LadyVols. Game after game, one dagger after another into orange hearts. If ever a player earned the eternal wrath of the UT fan base (and the simultaneous adoration in perpetuity of the UConn faithful), it was Diana.

The other trait that endured me to DT was her ability to impose her will on the other team. Geno said it best one time when asked about an upcoming tough opponent.. " We have Diana and they don't" ! That always gave me confidence in upcoming games.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score

One like would not do for this one! Like, like, like. Fortunately, there are now a LOT of games on You Tube showing Diana administering the coups de grace. The 03 and 04 NC games are primo. There is also a clip of DT finishing off Stacey Dales and OU in 02. Great stuff. Maya was superb in every way as a Huskie, and we were crazy lucky to have her, and STewie too, but there is only one Diana. No one else ever punched the Orange stantion at TBC, or took their mooing and kept on doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom