Adamec: Huge weekend for recruiting...April 18-20 | The Boneyard

Adamec: Huge weekend for recruiting...April 18-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Boykin has great rebounding stats. I saw her play once--a bit rough, but very athletic with a huge upside.

I'd love to get a couple of commitments next week. I hope those 4 bond.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I consider unofficial visits to be a very positive sign because it means the recruit has schlepped to Storrs at their own expense. Think Maya Moore and Moriah Jefferson.

I have a good feeling about Gorecki (two unofficial visits) and Samuelson. Katie Lou has seen her sisters get beaten like a drum while playing for Stanford so she may not want more of that. Collier is hard to read but Geno has gone to St. Louis at least once just to watch her play, so she is definitely in the UConn cross hairs.

We probably won't get them all, but no way will we strike out.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I consider unofficial visits to be a very positive sign because it means the recruit has schlepped to Storrs at their own expense. Think Maya Moore and Moriah Jefferson.

I have a good feeling about Gorecki (two unofficial visits) and Samuelson. Katie Lou has seen her sisters get beaten like a drum while playing for Stanford so she may not want more of that. Collier is hard to read but Geno has gone to St. Louis at least once just to watch her play, so she is definitely in the UConn cross hairs.

We probably won't get them all, but no way will we strike out.

Adamec says these players are taking official visits to Storrs, which are now permitted after April 1 of their junior year.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Adamec says these players are taking official visits to Storrs, which are now permitted after April 1 of their junior year.

Correct, but before making these upcoming official visits, Gorecki made two unofficial visits and Samuelson made one. And I take these repetitive visits as a positive sign.

Now, if either or both give an oral commitment, I'll say "Heh heh" and smile. And if they don't, I'll brew another pot of tea and examine the leaves more carefully.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Correct, but before making these upcoming official visits, Gorecki made two unofficial visits and Samuelson made one. And I take these repetitive visits as a positive sign.

Now, if either or both give an oral commitment, I'll say "Heh heh" and smile. And if they don't, I'll brew another pot of tea and examine the leaves more carefully.

Boykin also took an unofficial for the Louisville game in Feb. Samuelson's visit was part of her team's trip to play in Springfield. Her parents also traveled east and were with her for the brief visit to Storrs.

Reaction Score
Isn't it somewhat strange that they're all coming during Easter weekend? I know that some people aren't Christian or aren't religious at all, but surely not all four. Is Geno going to host a huge Easter dinner for the team and prospects at his house? Is that even legal?

Reaction Score
Isn't it somewhat strange that they're all coming during Easter weekend? I know that some people aren't Christian or aren't religious at all, but surely not all four. Is Geno going to host a huge Easter dinner for the team and prospects at his house? Is that even legal?
Nah I don't think it's strange at all. A lot of people I know don't celebrate it. If you have kids sure it's another Hallmark holiday, but technically there's not even an observed holiday for it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not a dinner, an Easter egg hunt. :D

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Or for a religious family, perhaps they want to attend a service on Easter Sunday at whatever denomination they are on campus.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I find it a little strange. But then if they have Good Friday off anyway, it's one less day of school the kids have to miss on their visit. Makes sense that way.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not a dinner, an Easter egg hunt. :D
No - that is CDs part in the weekend - she is the one that organizes the games and contests, Geno takes care of the food. So 2 PM CDs easter egg hunt all over campus, followed by Geno's Easter feast.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
The recruits are probably on either spring break or a long holiday weekend. Hope they enjoy Storrs and the Dairy Barn!

Reaction Score
Campus might be rather empty with students away for Easter, hope it does not feel like a ghost town to the young women.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
As a college professor for the last 10+ years, I an attest that the number of students who go home for Easter is small!

I will likely have all of my students on Monday morning with a high percentage having stayed home!

Halloween??? That's a different story!!! I usually just do exam review on that day, to about 4 students!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This week is spring break for many high schools, including my son's, and it's also a popular week for making college visits. Right now, I'm in Baltimore. We visited Loyola and will see Johns Hopkins tomorrow. Then onto James Madison then Virginia Tech. Many, many kids out making the rounds right now - the tours are packed.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Next weekend is a big AAU weekend (Boo Williams, Deep South, etc) and the following weekend will be the beginning of exams for the UConn students. Thus, although it's Easter weekend, the students and team will be on campus and will be able to interact with the recruits.

Reaction Score
I thought we were in the mix for kalani brown but hoopgurlz shows her schools of interest as lsu, baylor and texas a&m. Are we out of the running for her? We will need a center in that 2015 class

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought we were in the mix for kalani brown but hoopgurlz shows her schools of interest as lsu, bayloe and texas a&m. Are we out of the running for her? We will need a center in that 2015 class

UConn is very much still in the mix for Brown. The Hoopgurlz site has become extremely unreliable for rankings and recruiting information so don't worry that UConn is not listed there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How common is it to get a top commit this early?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
How common is it to get a top commit this early?
About as common as getting any other commit early. I don't mean that as a snide reply, just that it's different every year. In the class of 2015, the #3 and #5 recruits have already verbaled (3,4 per Blue Star).

It seems UCONN has been recruiting all those kids really hard and several of them have already visited once. I'd love to see any or all of them say "yes" by Monday morning.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
About as common as getting any other commit early. I don't mean that as a snide reply, just that it's different every year. In the class of 2015, the #3 and #5 recruits have already verbaled (3,4 per Blue Star).

It seems UCONN has been recruiting all those kids really hard and several of them have already visited once. I'd love to see any or all of them say "yes" by Monday morning.

How common is it to get a commit this early?

Reaction Score
8 out of the top 20 kids in 2015 have already verbaled. So I'd say it's about 40% common.
Yes, times have changed. I believe at least two of members of Uconn's 2014 recruiting class commited by this time last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom