Adamec: Carl catches up with Kim Barnes Arico | The Boneyard

Adamec: Carl catches up with Kim Barnes Arico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kim is a person to be admired. She resurrected a disastrous women's program at St. John's. She & her husband are big family people with the latter bringing their children to all the home games. Geno was one of her mentors. She recruited mostly NYC talent, & she produced some outstanding teams. I always felt that one point win over our girls helped her, along with her record, to get the Michigan offer. I do not know if Geno played a role directly or indirectly with the offer !

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I have always admired Kim. Seems like a really good person and coach. Wish her much success at Michigan.

Found this photo which is great....

BhIKWmvCcAEmP9S.jpg:large

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I like Kim, there has been some speculation that she should be a Rutgers target when Vivian retires.

I considered the jury still out until she got to Michigan and continued success into her second season, since her first season Borseth did leave the cupboard full, which is unusual in sports. Then again, how many coaches find the big time takes more time than they are willing to give? (In case you can't tell, I am a Borseth fan as well).

Apparently, Rutgers is going to play them twice this year, hopefully one of the games is on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom