AD could've been in Cleveland | The Boneyard

AD could've been in Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Had he stayed one more year at Uconn. Obviously AD made the right choice for himself and for Uconn knowing it was a tourney ban in 2013. Imagine a Cleveland team with Lebron, AD, Kyrie and Wiggins. I know could've, should've, would've. It's just interesting to think about.

Reaction Score
Don't you mean if they picked drummond at #4 instead of Dion Waiters? In my eyes, AD should have went #2 to Charlotte where he could have reunited with Kemba.
Reunited? Kemba and Andre never played together at UConn.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
No wiggins if Drummond's there
Had he stayed one more year at Uconn. Obviously AD made the right choice for himself and for Uconn knowing it was a tourney ban in 2013. Imagine a Cleveland team with Lebron, AD, Kyrie and Wiggins. I know could've, should've, would've. It's just interesting to think about.

Reaction Score
Don't you mean if they picked drummond at #4 instead of Dion Waiters? In my eyes, AD should have went #2 to Charlotte where he could have reunited with Kemba.

You can go there. I was thinking about AD being a number 1 pick over Bennett. If the tourney ban doesn't happen I do believe AD comes back for his sophomore year, but maybe Shabazz leaves after his Jr season if we wanna get into what ifs.

Reaction Score
You can go there. I was thinking about AD being a number 1 pick over Bennett. If the tourney ban doesn't happen I do believe AD comes back for his sophomore year, but maybe Shabazz leaves after his Jr season if we wanna get into what ifs.
I was told Drummond would've stayed a second year if we weren't banned.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think it all turned out for the best for AD. He went to a place that had a mature plan for his development. That will pay lifetime dividends. He could have been thrown to the wolves by a 2nd class outfit like the Cavs.

Reaction Score
It's the lottery and it can still be rigged, either way Cleveland would get Lebron no matter what.

Was it 3 out of 4 years they got the top pick? Coming off the loss of Lebron? I'm not saying it is rigged or it isn't, but there always seems to be a lot of smoke around the NBA, and I don't mean the weed that the guys are hitting.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

That would have been a terrible scenario.

Reaction Score

I've always wondered why the Pistons picked Brandon Knight over Kemba and what the Piston would be like with a real leader at PG. I yelled at the Pistons/TV when they passed on Kemba on draft night. I think Detroit would have loved Kemba. Knight was practically run out of town & Jennings is not the leader they need either.

Reaction Score
That would have been a terrible scenario.

I think there's a good chance we win the title in '13 if Drummond is back and there's no postseason ban. Louisville would have been tough, though.

In regards to the OP, yes, Cleveland could have had Drummond, but it should have been in 2012. It was stupid to pass him up for Waiters at the time and it looks worse now. And if we want to go further into the what-ifs, passing up Waiters for Drummond in 2012 probably means Oladipo falls into their hands last year.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think there's a good chance we win the title in '13 if Drummond is back and there's no postseason ban. Louisville would have been tough, though.

In regards to the OP, yes, Cleveland could have had Drummond, but it should have been in 2012. It was stupid to pass him up for Waiters at the time and it looks worse now. And if we want to go further into the what-ifs, passing up Waiters for Drummond in 2012 probably means Oladipo falls into their hands last year.

Perhaps. But we DID win a title last year. I'll take the guarantee.

And 2014 was under Kevin Ollie's watch, cementing the program's future for the next decade. A 2013 title would probably have been JC's 4th, and while amazing, would merely have put another spitshine on an already spectacular hall of fame bust.

Reaction Score
Perhaps. But we DID win a title last year. I'll take the guarantee.

And 2014 was under Kevin Ollie's watch, cementing the program's future for the next decade. A 2013 title would probably have been JC's 4th, and while amazing, would merely have put another spitshine on an already spectacular hall of fame bust.

Yeah, but it would have put him seriously into the conversation for best college coach ever, which would have been cool.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yeah, but it would have put him seriously into the conversation for best college coach ever, which would have been cool.

True, but for me, I'd rather have the next 1-=20 years of UCONN ball be enjoyable to watch!

Plus, JC's legacy is cemented in stone for me. There will always be JC detractors, since he pissed off so many people with his gruff exterior.

Reaction Score
The tourney ban sucked at the time when you look back on it though we sure used it to our advantage. It made it easier for JC to retire and for Ollie to step in and use that tourney ban as a year of experience. Shabazz did sacrifice his draft stock somewhat by not going into a weaker draft in 2013 thank god he didn't. AD is a great guy to have attached to the program and he's a CT kid. I just can't but think how much of a freak show it would be with AD, Lebron, and Kyrie, guess well have to see that in the Allstar game.

Reaction Score
Man you can tell when the off season is slow when topics like this get any traction.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Man you can tell when the off season is slow when topics like this get any traction.

Hey, if you got something better, fire away. It'll keep me from posting inanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom