ACC Prerequsite? | The Boneyard

ACC Prerequsite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If having a Chick-fil-A in your state is a prerequisite for admission to the ACC I just saw one is being built in Wallingford across from Home Depot and another is scheduled to open in Brookfield. So we have that going for us. ;)

pj

Reaction Score
That's actually an SEC prerequisite. Somebody check whether Michael Slive is an investor in the restaurant - he could be greasing the wheels.

tl4ed4437a.jpg

Reaction Score
UCONN already meets the ACC prerequisite. You are a Big East/American Athletic Conference team. That's all it takes.

Schools move up the food chain of conferences, not down it.

Reaction Score
If having a Chick-fil-A in your state is a prerequisite for admission to the ACC I just saw one is being built in Wallingford across from Home Depot and another is scheduled to open in Brookfield. So we have that going for us. ;)

Bojangles and Food Lion would really seal the deal. I have to laugh at the ACC broadcasts with Pitt and Syracuse watching Bojangles commercials. There isn't a Bojangles in the state of New York and only one in Pennsylvania in Reading. No Food Lions in New York. Raycom ought to get some Tim Hortons and Wegmans commercials to show during Clemson-FSU games to really mix it up.

But if you have ChickFilA going in, you're moving on up.

Reaction Score
Chick-Fil-A being built in Enfield as well. Same plaza lot as Red Robin, Petco, and Bobs.

Reaction Score
Are there are enough Southern Baptists in Connecticut to support all these new Chick-Fil-A locations?

Reaction Score
When I lived in Connecticut, NO car dealers were open on Sundays, so even though Nutmeggers aren't exactly Southern Baptists, there are some cultural similarities regarding commerce on Sunday.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Spicy Chicken Sandwich (Delux) combo with Chick-Fil-A sauce. You're welcome.

Reaction Score
When I lived in Connecticut, NO car dealers were open on Sundays, so even though Nutmeggers aren't exactly Southern Baptists, there are some cultural similarities regarding commerce on Sunday.

The funny part of that is when we moved to B'ham almost 30 years ago you could buy beer & wine in any supermarket on Sunday but not get a drink in a restaurant, so all the restaurants became "private clubs" on Sunday. You paid a quarter for a "membership card" the first time you went to a place in order to become a member. Those days are long gone but Chick-Fil-A's are still closed on Sunday.

Reaction Score
The funny part of that is when we moved to B'ham almost 30 years ago you could buy beer & wine in any supermarket on Sunday but not get a drink in a restaurant, so all the restaurants became "private clubs" on Sunday. You paid a quarter for a "membership card" the first time you went to a place in order to become a member. Those days are long gone but Chick-Fil-A's are still closed on Sunday.
Yes, South Carolina had those strict alcoholic blue laws (and hence "private clubs") when I lived there, too. I don't know if the "private clubs" are still necessary today.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
UCONN already meets the ACC prerequisite. You are a Big East/American Athletic Conference team. That's all it takes.

Schools move up the food chain of conferences, not down it.
Unfortunately for us, thus far we've found ourselves demoted. Hopefully not for long.

Reaction Score
We still do the private club thing in NC. I have a wallet full of membership cards. So dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom