ACC Pre Season Picks ND 1st Duke 4th | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC Pre Season Picks ND 1st Duke 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Coach Walz is awfully high on this team. I know everyone keeps referring to the Cards' youth and it's understandable, but Briahanna Jackson has added some experience where experience was necessary. She may be a freshman, but Asia Durr, will play like a seasoned guard. Bringing back Hines-Allen and Moore on the front line gives added experience and talent. Add 6'3" Fuehring, 6'3" Courtnee Walton, a healthy junior and 6'5" Erin DeGrate, who has lost a lot of weight and seems to be showing she wants to play as a freshman, the Cards should find enough rebounding and inside game. Taja Cole gives the Cards blazing speed at the guard. Coach Walz keeps bragging about how much talent he has and brushes aside the concern over the youth. He's convinced all the quickness and guard play on this team is going to make creating good shots easier than any team he's had at Louisville. He's had some very experienced teams that got him to the final game a couple of times, but I've never seen him quite this pumped up as a season begins. Having this much true talent is new to him.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Coach Walz is awfully high on this team. I know everyone keeps referring to the Cards' youth and it's understandable, but Briahanna Jackson has added some experience where experience was necessary. She may be a freshman, but Asia Durr, will play like a seasoned guard. Bringing back Hines-Allen and Moore on the front line gives added experience and talent. Add 6'3" Fuehring, 6'3" Courtnee Walton, a healthy junior and 6'5" Erin DeGrate, who has lost a lot of weight and seems to be showing she wants to play as a freshman, the Cards should find enough rebounding and inside game. Taja Cole gives the Cards blazing speed at the guard. Coach Walz keeps bragging about how much talent he has and brushes aside the concern over the youth. He's convinced all the quickness and guard play on this team is going to make creating good shots easier than any team he's had at Louisville. He's had some very experienced teams that got him to the final game a couple of times, but I've never seen him quite this pumped up as a season begins. Having this much true talent is new to him.
Still think their a year away.

Really, everyone is this year. Next year (2016-2017) could be very interesting.

Reaction Score
Eh.....sorry but I think you got a few more years of looking at UConn's rear end. Tuck might be staying for another year but even if she doesn't UConn will have the top guard in the country in Kia Nurse and I'll go with Geno's assessment of KLS, Collier and Boykin as being Stewie, Moriah and Tuck like.....

Yeah, I think it has a lot more to do with Tuck - if she stays - and Nurse. Add in Collier, Samuelson, and Dangerfield, and they'll be FF at a minimum, NC-game most likely, and 50-50 to win the title. If Tuck goes, then that changes the equation, unless Butler has gotten to a Dolson-esque level by then.

Reaction Score
It's hard to be a fan of UConn Women's Basketball and be jealous of anyone, but, in reading the lead article, I have to admit that I'm in the camp of those who wish that our favorite team played in a tougher, more competitive conference. For WCBB, the ACC is it! I grew up in SEC territory. Admittedly, down there, everything takes a backseat to football, but the level of regular season interest and excitement is "off the chart." Every single week the top teams are up against brutal competition and the rivalries are fierce, not just one or two big games a season but week after week barnburners. "Trap" games lurk around every corner...not so many yawners. I know many of my fellow posters here get off on being behind the team that leads the country in margin-of-victory stats, but I can tell those who are unused to the level of regular season competition found elsewhere that the interest level that results is not only more fun, but much better for the game. We used to have a taste of that in the Big East....hope we regain it in a stronger conference before long.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Louisville is definitely top 4 with Notre Dame, Duke and Florida State. I don't see alot of losses for your team since you guys have a relative easy schedule. I can see an Elite 8 for you guys and maybe an outsde chance of a Final 4.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

That post situation is a huge question mark for me. I do think people often overrate the importance of size, but Walton really hasn't done much yet in her career and Fuehring and DeGrate aren't the sort of super-elite prospects that I'd expect to be great right away at the next level. I just wonder how they are going to handle players like Turner and Bulgak as well as all of Duke's size.

I also think they will lose a few games they shouldn't just due to inconsistency based on the youth. I do like Cole and Durr, though, and think they'll contribute readily. Cole, Durr, Moore, Hines-Allen is a pretty nice core.

Reaction Score
Louisville is definitely top 4 with Notre Dame, Duke and Florida State. I don't see alot of losses for your team since you guys have a relative easy schedule. I can see an Elite 8 for you guys and maybe an outsde chance of a Final 4.

I agree on our out of conference schedule needing some beef. Other than California and Kentucky, there's not much there, but I know who all the Card fans want on our schedule each year. Want no part of UConn this year, but I sure wish our schools could get together after this year in both MBB and WBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom