? about a recruit | The Boneyard

? about a recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So what exactly is the deal with local recruit Mustapha Heron. He signed with Pitt a while ago but everyone has been predicting he goes to Kentucky now that Barry Rohrssen is there. Wondering if Kentucky is really pursuing him, nobody seems to think he will stick with Pitt but is Kentucky his only other option if they come calling, is UConn interested?

Reaction Score
He committed and not signed. The rumor is he could open recruiting next year..but I have been benched so take it with a grain of salt

Reaction Score
He committed and not signed. The rumor is he could open recruiting next year..but I have been benched so take it with a grain of salt
My bad I meant verbal and not signed. Haha, you might have to sit a couple of plays out but I still have a pretty good feeling about Mack.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think the commitment will hold, but would not count on UConn making any headway there.

Reaction Score
I don't think the commitment will hold, but would not count on UConn making any headway there.

I think fishy is 100% correct. Talk is his father is high maintenance

Reaction Score
Never thought the Pitt committment would hold. Have heard that Tremont Waters is better.

Reaction Score
I would think, as of now, there's a higher chance he ends up at UK than Pitt. Just my opinion though.

Reaction Score
After watching Mustapha in person several times, I would be shocked if he ended up at Kentucky or a likewise Elite school. He's a good player, has an NBA body right now, and has great size @ 6'4 or so, but the shooting ability is a struggle. In 3-4 games I'm not sure i've seen him make more than 3 jump shots. and trust, he took a bunch.

Basically he's like Paul Harris with a better handle, which is valuable, but with real limitations.

Not to mention by the time his freshman year rolls around, if you watch him in the NCAA tournament he'll be damn near 20 years old.(he's already 17 now, or very close.

Reaction Score
Never thought the Pitt committment would hold. Have heard that Tremont Waters is better.

Different players so hard to compare. Heron is a HS forward/swing.......bmayuc pretty much has the description according to what I've heard. Think Paul Harris is a great comparison although he's not as big as Harris, closer to 6'2" than 6'5".......will have a tough time becoming an impact guard at the college level but a talented kid. And despite 99's inability to leave the pine for now, his thoughts on dad seem spot on!

Reaction Score
After watching Mustapha in person several times, I would be shocked if he ended up at Kentucky or a likewise Elite school. He's a good player, has an NBA body right now, and has great size @ 6'4 or so, but the shooting ability is a struggle. In 3-4 games I'm not sure i've seen him make more than 3 jump shots. and trust, he took a bunch.

Basically he's like Paul Harris with a better handle, which is valuable, but with real limitations.

Not to mention by the time his freshman year rolls around, if you watch him in the NCAA tournament he'll be damn near 20 years old.(he's already 17 now, or very close.
Heron is still 16, not at all old for being a junior in high school and you really would be shocked if a Paul Harris clone with a better handle ends up at an Elite school? I would be shocked if he doesn't end up at an Elite school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom