ABC News closes tonight with the Huskies | The Boneyard

ABC News closes tonight with the Huskies

Reaction Score
David Muir closed ABC News tonight with a great puff piece on the Huskies and Samuelson.
Awesome stuff - I don't give an what anyone says - this is great stuff! It won't be long - please surface trolls - I want to play whack-a-mole...

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
To be completely dominating one of the top 3 college sports is not bad.
Is it fair to say WBB is the 3rd most popular college sport in terms of viewership? And can we fairly correlate viewership with being 3rd in revenue for the college sports?

I love UConn and the women's team is unstoppable, but I'd have to say the answer to both of the above questions is No. can't help but think college baseball or hockey generates more revenue for conferences than WBB.

Reaction Score
Is it fair to say WBB is the 3rd most popular college sport in terms of viewership? And can we fairly correlate viewership with being 3rd in revenue for the college sports?

I love UConn and the women's team is unstoppable, but I'd have to say the answer to both of the above questions is No. can't help but think college baseball or hockey generates more revenue for conferences than WBB.
Those two sports do not get anywhere as much TV time (and ratings) as women's basketball.

Reaction Score
I have been fighting the urge to post since this thread was started. I know it is not pc, but I would trade all this to be P5. Sorry to offend, just the way I feel

Reaction Score
I have been fighting the urge to post since this thread was started. I know it is not pc, but I would trade all this to be P5. Sorry to offend, just the way I feel
Success is what helps schools nowadays get into the "P5"....

Reaction Score
Our success has certainly helped us through the winds of realignment over the years
Yeah, now we're on the minds of Big Ten presidents. If we don't go to the ACC, the ACC knows they'll regret it.

Reaction Score
Yeah, now we're on the minds of Big Ten presidents. If we don't go to the ACC, the ACC knows they'll regret it.

The ACC is absolutely brain dead if they bypass Uconn again. With The ACCN about to debut in an era of cord cutting, the need for quality programming will be essential to its survival. The Huskies could provide a ton for it.

They would also add to the concentration of teams with followings in The NY Market, thus making playing the conference tournament in Barclays Arena seem less ridiculous.

The ACC could finally bridge the geographic gap to BC by providing it a rival with a shared history and border. There would also be a rekindled interest in contests for schools like Cuse, Ville, Pitt, ND and others from the old Big East. That said because this all makes so much sense they will probably add Tulane and declare victory in the conference realignment war.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

You're not offending anyone. What you say is absolutely true. I would not want to be as useless as tits on a bull like Rutgers and BC, but they're in the club and we're not for reasons that have nothing to do with success. In the meantime, however, all the great exposure we get keeps reminding the B1G and the ACC that we bring something to the table that many of their current members don't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom