AAC vs Big East attendance | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AAC vs Big East attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is dmac a PC fan? I hope he realizes regardless of what channel it's on no one is watching PC v. Seton Hall. Teams like GTown, Butler, Xavier, Marquette are getting the eyeballs.

Reaction Score
Is dmac a PC fan? I hope he realizes regardless of what channel it's on no one is watching PC v. Seton Hall. Teams like GTown, Butler, Xavier, Marquette are getting the eyeballs.

I bet ya PC does better than Butler.
Butler is about to enter DePaul territory.

Reaction Score
Yes PC fan and yes I know we've been a joke for a decade. Ed Cooley is changing that...I know already that PC is playing BC OOC on FS1 in the first ever FS1 college bb airing. Also obviously Kentucky game will be on national, not sure of others yet, but Cooley seems to know because he told recruits 24 televised games this season.

Reaction Score
Yes PC fan and yes I know we've been a joke for a decade. Ed Cooley is changing that...I know already that PC is playing BC OOC on FS1 in the first ever FS1 college bb airing. Also obviously Kentucky game will be on national, not sure of others yet, but Cooley seems to know because he told recruits 24 televised games this season.

Televised means squat. You could be on Wayne's world. Fox Regionals are like being buried. They don't even have the reach of ESPNU which is also like being buried. We went over the numbers last week. There's 4 channels with at least 90 million reach (CBS, ESPN, ESPN2 and FS1) and then a bunch of others sub 50m but closer to 30m if not lower. Meaningless. Hell, SNY has more than that.

Reaction Score
He said 24 national TV..technically fox network is national as all regionals will cover but it is buriedand probably has limited reach....Thankfully it's only 2 games that we know so far. I'm thrilled with what were getting, way better than in the old league .

Reaction Score
He said 24 national TV..technically fox network is national as all regionals will cover but it is buriedand probably has limited reach....Thankfully it's only 2 games that we know so far. I'm thrilled with what were getting, way better than in the old league .

CBSSN is national, SNY is national, a lot of channels with very low visibility are national. If cable companies in California and Massachusetts offer the same channel, it's national, even if its reach is 10 people. Notice I am not bragging about UConn being on CBSSN and ESPNU. Those games will basically be seen by no one. Everyone expects that. This is why the networks shell out $15k per game for those games.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Cooley also thought he could cut his own hair with a band sander and no mirror.

Reaction Score
looks like 4 more OOC games on Fox Sports 1: (BC, Vermont, Fairfield, Yale), 1 more on FS2: (Brown), URI on CBS SN, Maine on Fox sports net, Umass on ESPNU, and Kentucky, Vandy, and the Paradise Jam tourney games TBA, likely national TV. So 18 on FS1, and at least 2 more likely on national TV and the rest on channels I can at least watch on my TV rather than stream. Love it.

Reaction Score

Just one decade?

Reaction Score
looks like 4 more OOC games on Fox Sports 1: (BC, Vermont, Fairfield, Yale), 1 more on FS2: (Brown), URI on CBS SN, Maine on Fox sports net, Umass on ESPNU, and Kentucky, Vandy, and the Paradise Jam tourney games TBA, likely national TV. So 18 on FS1, and at least 2 more likely on national TV and the rest on channels I can at least watch on my TV rather than stream. Love it.

Paradise Jam on National TV. UConn played in this tournament last year. Just wait to see what kind of TV you get.

You never replied to my post abotu SNY being national TV. Everything is national TV these days. But how many homes are you beamed into?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I like how the guy who made the chart put question marks as if it was UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE to figure out UConn's % of attendance.

2013: 7 Gampel Games (71169)+ 9 XL Games (146646)=217815 possible seats; 181255 seats sold= 83%
2012: (71169)+(146646)= 217815; 187118/217815= 86%
2011: 61002+162940= 223942; 186478/223942= 83%
2010: 81336+162940=244276; 216453/244276= 89%
2009: 71169+146646= 217815; 200284/217815= 92%

Five year average 87%

83% is pretty damn good considering a post season ban.

Reaction Score
Paradise Jam on National TV. UConn played in this tournament last year. Just wait to see what kind of TV you get.

You never replied to my post abotu SNY being national TV. Everything is national TV these days. But how many homes are you beamed into?

Don't really care. The vast vast majority of their games are on FS1, which is exactly what I had said before the schedule came out and you doubted. Admit it, you were shocked to see that virtually everyone of their conf games is on FS1, and 4 OOC as well. Same goes for the entire league. Fox needs to fill up their content, so it was obvious.

Reaction Score
Don't really care. The vast vast majority of their games are on FS1, which is exactly what I had said before the schedule came out and you doubted. Admit it, you were shocked to see that virtually everyone of their conf games is on FS1, and 4 OOC as well. Same goes for the entire league. Fox needs to fill up their content, so it was obvious.

Honestly, my biggest biggest shock is that FS2 is a filler channel with reruns. You guys are like at the early days of ESPN. Lots of filler content. Good for FS1, I just thought they had more inventory than DePaul v. Seton Hall. Pretty amazing.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I saved the biggest shock for the fact that FS1 is a filler channel with reruns. You guys are like at the early days of ESPN. Lots of filler content. Good for FS1, I just thought they had more inventory than DePaul v. Seton Hall. Pretty amazing.

It will be a few years before FS1 starts to build up content. FOX has done a good job buying up major college programming content and is catching up to ESPN, but that is just a small part of total programming for a channel that shows sports all day, every day. ESPN covers a wide variety of sports (including international sports, outdoors sports hobbies such as fishing and hunting) and has loads of sports related filler programming including a "countdown" for every sport every night of the week. Do to lack of filler material, FS1 will show more live sporting events, even if it is between two teams only regionally followed. I think this is great for leagues signed on with FOX, and as a consumer I would prefer to see a live sporting event between DePaul and Seton Hall (your example above) than watch a replay of a 25 year old game that is full of interviews or watch re-run of "SportsCenter" or "Countdown". I personally see the competition of FOX as a good thing for the consumer, because this may push ESPN to provide better content to compete and if nothing else will provide another option for the consumer to watch.

Reaction Score
It will be a few years before FS1 starts to build up content. FOX has done a good job buying up major college programming content and is catching up to ESPN, but that is just a small part of total programming for a channel that shows sports all day, every day. ESPN covers a wide variety of sports (including international sports, outdoors sports hobbies such as fishing and hunting) and has loads of sports related filler programming including a "countdown" for every sport every night of the week. Do to lack of filler material, FS1 will show more live sporting events, even if it is between two teams only regionally followed. I think this is great for leagues signed on with FOX, and as a consumer I would prefer to see a live sporting event between DePaul and Seton Hall (your example above) than watch a replay of a 25 year old game that is full of interviews or watch re-run of "SportsCenter" or "Countdown". I personally see the competition of FOX as a good thing for the consumer, because this may push ESPN to provide better content to compete and if nothing else will provide another option for the consumer to watch.

FS2 is showing reruns. That's why I was surprised. I thought Fs1 would emulate ESPN and FS2 would be like FS2. Instead, FS1 has all the live sports and FS2 is showing reruns. This would tend to devalue something like Fs2.

Reaction Score
83% is pretty damn good considering a post season ban.

For sure. People who knocked our attendance last year don't understand that at places like Michigan, their attendance was ABYSMAL during their ban year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom