AAC Tourney vs Houston | The Boneyard

AAC Tourney vs Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1st inning UConn load them with no outs and settles for 1 run.
1-0 after one.

Reaction Score
Testani goes deep in bottom of the 7th. 4-2 lead.
He is 3-3 on the day and 4-6 in the series. Nice to see from the young kid getting another chance with the Yavarone injury.

Reaction Score
Kay has some onions for a freshman! Leaves them loaded again the T8

Reaction Score
It would be nice to put up a crooked number here. Houston has 3-4-5 coming up in the 9th

Reaction Score
Does anyone know who advances if we beat Temple and Houston beats UCF? Temple would be 0-3 and the rest would be 2-1.

Reaction Score
I really like what I’ve seen of Anthony Kay coming out of the bullpen. He seems to be more effective coming on in relief than he is as a starter. I wouldn’t mind it if Kay ends up as one of the key men in the bullpen next season, especially if Tabakman comes back for his senior year. A weekend rotation of Cross, Tabakman, and Zapata, with Ruotolo, Kay, and Mahoney out of the pen sounds pretty nice to me.

Reaction Score
Bryan Daniello broke a finger in the game against Central Florida. Looks like he will miss the rest of the tournament, except for the odd pinch running stint. Aaron Hill played 2B, and Vinny Siena moved to 3B in today's game. According to Coach Penders, he did not want to throw Hill cold at 3B, which is why he moved Siena there.

At any rate, Daniello improved very nicely over his freshman year. He was a much better offensive player than what he showed last season. Despite some defensive scuffling at 3B at times, Daniello stabilized a position that had been defensively a weak point for UConn over the last few seasons. He is easily the best defensive player at 3B that UConn has had since Mike Olt played there.

Reaction Score
Any word who is going start on saturday? I would imaged Ward.
Yes, probably so since all other starters have pitch in some manner already.
With UCF win against Temple last night UConn was officially eliminated from chance at Championship game.
Tomorrow will be last game of the year.

Reaction Score
Looking towards next year, Marvin Georgas of East Hampton has one no-no, plus several 1 and 2 hitters with between 10-16 K's per game. Problem here is whether he goes too high in MLB's draft to pass on UConn.
Joe Riveria of Southington threw his 2nd no-no on Monday, he is 5-0 with a very low ERA. P.J. Poulin, a 2016 commit from Tabor Acad., in MA, threw a no-no vs top ranked Exeter, in a double elim. tourney. Because his pitch count was low in the 1st game he pitched the 1st 4 innings of the 2nd game and didn't allow any runs. Tabor won both games. Hopefully the coach doesn't blow his arm out before he gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom