AAC Tournament designates Hartford bars for each school | The Boneyard

AAC Tournament designates Hartford bars for each school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://theamerican.org/documents/2015/2/23/2015_Fan_guide_MBB.pdf

For those going, this should give you an idea of which bars should have the least amount of people:

fNIggNI.png

Reaction Score
Rockinghorse isn't listed but is packed with Uconn fans before/after every game. Go figure.

City Steam? That's so 2004.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
City Steam? That's so 2004.

Maybe. But what's that say about The Russian Lady? We used to go there during the Jim Abromaitis era.

Personally, I'd have sent Houston to Chuck's Steak House.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Don't buy into this nonsense for half a second - go wherever you want.

As if we're all supposed to cram into City Steam while the other ten places will be basically empty - if I'm any of those ten, I hang a huge sign saying "Welcome UConn Fans!"

Why should they try to make a weekend out of serving potato skins to four Tulsa fans?

Reaction Score
I'm interested in finding out what hayseeds think about Bear's BBQ on front street

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Burger Baby and Sorella might as well go fishing

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Burger Baby and Sorella might as well go fishing

I'd go with USF for lowest turnout.

Bob Wickman can count their fans on his hands.

Reaction Score
Maybe. But what's that say about The Russian Lady? We used to go there during the Jim Abromaitis era.

Personally, I'd have sent Houston to Chuck's Steak House.

This is the NEW Russian Lady. :)

Reaction Score
How's she looking?

They did a nice job. Nice booths downstairs. They found the old huge armoire that goes behind the bar and bought it back. The 2nd floor now extends all the way across the building over the post office. I haven't been on the roof garden. The same group owns the Lady, Rockinghorse and Tavern Downtown....basically the entire block.

Reaction Score
Was in Hartford tonight and Burger Baby was closed. Maybe this means Houston has an invite to the Big 12.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm interested in finding out what hayseeds think about Bear's BBQ on front street
Someone should tell the Tulsa fan it's BYOB only.
And that it's on Arch Street, not Front Street.

Fwiw, if the Infinity Hall on Front Street is open, they probably have the best bar and best beer selection in Hartford right now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Fwiw, if the Infinity Hall on Front Street is open, they probably have the best bar and best beer selection in Hartford right now.

Yeah, but $8.00 for a pint of Stone?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah, but $8.00 for a pint of Stone?
I don't remember the prices, just that I was happy to have a choice between Two Roads Lil' Heaven and Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, among others, when I was there a few months ago, and that the bar was nice. My buddy was there last week and sent me a shot of the tap handles that day: Lawson's Sip of Sunshine, NEBCO Gandhi-Bot, two Founders' beers and a few others of note. If I'm only having a few, which is usually the case because I'm driving, I'd rather have one (or more) of my favorites in a comfortable setting than worry about saving a buck or two. YMMV.

Reaction Score
They did a nice job. Nice booths downstairs. They found the old huge armoire that goes behind the bar and bought it back. The 2nd floor now extends all the way across the building over the post office. I haven't been on the roof garden. The same group owns the Lady, Rockinghorse and Tavern Downtown....basically the entire block.

That huge armoire IS the Russian Lady!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If I'm only having a few, which is usually the case because I'm driving, I'd rather have one (or more) of my favorites in a comfortable setting than worry about saving a buck or two. YMMV.

I don't disagree. It was just a bit of sticker shock when I went there and 2 Stone's with a small crabcake cost me $34. with tip. The Two Roads only cost $5. during the show, though.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Great, so we'll have a couple dozen Oklahomans complaining about how terrible the BBQ is in Hartford. At least they didn't send the Louisianans to BES's for some terrible blues music.

They should pre-load all these places with pizza, chicken parm, lobster and clam chowder. Maybe a few will return some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom