AAC Media Days | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC Media Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@TomGroeschen: @American_FB media day begins 9 a.m. Tuesday. ESPN3 will have coverage noon-2 (John Rooke and Anthony Becht hosting).

Reaction Score
Temple Football‏@Temple_FB 31m
The #AAC welcomed all schools and media day participants with an authentic Rhode Island clambake! Guys are loving it. pic.twitter.com/PLlUX1L5SW

Reaction Score
@TomGroeschen: @American_FB media day begins 9 a.m. Tuesday. ESPN3 will have coverage noon-2 (John Rooke and Anthony Becht hosting).

@JRbroadcaster: Tuesday, @American_FB Media Day on ESPN3, Live @ 12N! @Anthony_Becht joins me from Newport RI w/all 11 coaches & more http://post original url/qtCue06Ukx

Reaction Score
@UConnFootball: Coach Diaco will be live on ESPN3 @ESPNCFB at 1:15 pm from @American_FB media day #bleedblue #RiseUp

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Thanks for the great work medic.

If anyone has access to the video from the American Digital Network and or CBSSN or ESPN3 please upload to YouTube and put in here!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Coach Diaco is on ESPN3 right now. Saying all the right things as usual. Love me some Bob Diaco, the orator. SOOOOO eager to see what he does as Coach.

Drew

Reaction Score
again if anyone knows how to get the clip of diaco's interviews from espn3, cbssports, and/or american digital network please put them on youtube and put them in here!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Another mention of S.T.E.M. academic fields. He's been pushing it at UConn since Mid-December. Show me a person that doesn't believe UConn to the Big Ten isn't a real near future consideration (i.e. AAU), and I'll show you someone who can't read between the lines.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised that the AAC HQ is still in Providence. Figured they would have moved to Hartford, the Big Apple or a member city geographically in the middle of the conference. Obviously Memphis comes to mind there but I think if they had moved the HQ to NYC it would make some kind of a subliminal statement that this conference is for real. How many other conference headquarters are based in NYC?

That was part of the deal when We, Cincy, et al split from the BE we got stuck with the dumb @$$ lease.

Reaction Score
Sounds like HCBD likes Richard Levy 6'6" 305 and Andrea Knappe 6'8" 300 at the tackles. He loves Alex Mateas, 6'4 310 at Center. Probably Gus Cruz, 6'4 300 and Tyler Samra, 6'2 290 or Kyle Shafenacker 6'3 285 at another guard. I have nothing to base this on but I have a feeling Diaco is downplaying how good the O-line is. We may be talking about the offensive line being the surprise of 2014! Keeping Foley was such a good move. We lost, Jimmy Bennett, Kevin Friend and Steve Greene but I think these guys will jell under the new coaches and Foley. The weight training supplied by Dan Mullin should have a big impact.

Check out the rush blocking and pass protection vs. Memphis. Also our retrievers, Davis, Fox, Bradley and Lemelle all had great catches in the game. Cochran's decision making was crisp. Casey's like having a coach on the field. I know it was Memphis but all things considered that was a great way to end the season!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't like that call.
My guess is they want to have the availability of a more mobile and longer quarterback. Tim Boyle, although primarily
a pro style quarterback, has shown more run ability than Cochran or Whitmer. Diaco wants to keep the opponents off guard. So my guess is the two qb's will be Cochran and Boyle. That's why they picked up Bryant Sherriff's from NC State! He has wheels!

Reaction Score
Every time we explore this idea, regardless of head coach, it always gives us the same results. A frustrated O-Line jumping offsides on 3rd and 2.
Great point. Knowing Diaco, he will address that situation. As we all know, he is a detail guy!

Reaction Score
My guess is they want to have the availability of a more mobile and longer quarterback. Tim Boyle, although primarily
a pro style quarterback, has shown more run ability than Cochran or Whitmer. Diaco wants to keep the opponents off guard. So my guess is the two qb's will be Cochran and Boyle. That's why they picked up Bryant Sherriff's from NC State! He has wheels!

It's a great idea on paper, but over the long haul I like it when the coach trusts one guy to go get it done. I think Cochran or Boyle can be that guy.

Reaction Score
Great point. Knowing Diaco, he will address that situation. As we all know, he is a detail guy!

I think it would be foolish to waste Boyle's redshirt so that we can have a la carte QB as a mobile option.

Drew

Reaction Score
ESPNU has a media day special going on right now and just announced before the commercial break that they will be discussing the American outlook for this upcoming season as well as hearing from some of the coaches.

Drew

Reaction Score
quick whip around of about 5 coaches during their interviews, Diaco was one of the coaches included. Luginbill (sp?) picked Houston to win the conference with Cincy second and UCF third. Interestingly he said it was a "3 team race" and didn't mention ECU at all, who I think has a very good shot to win the conference in their first year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wait until they actually play 2 QBs before you get upset.

Until it happens it's just talk and it could be as simple as making BYU spend time thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom