AAC Media Days | The Boneyard

AAC Media Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
July 28-29 in Rhode Island. Does anyone know who we are bringing? Also can Diaco golf?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Diaco played at the Traveler's tournament a few weeks ago. As for who we are bringing, I can't imagine any group of players that doesn't include Byron Jones. On top of being one of our best players, he's also very articulate (and a SR to boot). I think Geremy Davis will also be on the bus to Providence since he's a SR and our best offensive player by a mile. Alex Mateas is a good bet to represent the hog mollies.

I am also intrigued by whether or not Diaco will bring a QB with him. Most of the schools there will likely have their QBs at Media Day. Since our QB position is an open race, would Diaco bring Whitmer even if he's not the starter? Cochran even though he's a SO?

My guess is that there will be no QB. Our trio will be Jones, Davis and Mateas. They will represent UCONN well. All of them are old enough to remember the pre-Pasqualoni years and smart enough to articulate to the AAC media that this is a new UCONN football program.

Reaction Score
Dooley said:
Diaco played at the Traveler's tournament a few weeks ago. As for who we are bringing, I can't imagine any group of players that doesn't include Byron Jones. On top of being one of our best players, he's also very articulate (and a SR to boot). I think Geremy Davis will also be on the bus to Providence since he's a SR and our best offensive player by a mile. Alex Mateas is a good bet to represent the hog mollies. I am also intrigued by whether or not Diaco will bring a QB with him. Most of the schools there will likely have their QBs at Media Day. Since our QB position is an open race, would Diaco bring Whitmer even if he's not the starter? Cochran even though he's a SO? My guess is that there will be no QB. Our trio will be Jones, Davis and Mateas. They will represent UCONN well. All of them are old enough to remember the pre-Pasqualoni years and smart enough to articulate to the AAC media that this is a new UCONN football program.

My guess is he brings Casey or noone. He's either handing him the keys or or he will send a message to all three QBs that the job is truly open by not taking any of them.

Dooley

Reaction Score
My guess is he brings Casey or noone. He's either handing him the keys or or he will send a message to all three QBs that the job is truly open by not taking any of them.

Agreed. I think our player representation will be Jones, Mateas, and Davis. I think Diaco will want to keep the QB competition as open as possible (even Shirreffs is a candidate as far as I'm concerned). Even though Media Day has no bearing on what happens on the field or in practice, I do think Diaco will want to show no "favoritism" towards any QB. I think UCONN will be well-represented with the Jones/Mateas/Davis trio anyway. All SRs who remember the winning culture here before PP/GDL and all are hungry to get back to that again.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Agreed. I think our player representation will be Jones, Mateas, and Davis. I think Diaco will want to keep the QB competition as open as possible (even Shirreffs is a candidate as far as I'm concerned). Even though Media Day has no bearing on what happens on the field or in practice, I do think Diaco will want to show no "favoritism" towards any QB. I think UCONN will be well-represented with the Jones/Mateas/Davis trio anyway. All SRs who remember the winning culture here before PP/GDL and all are hungry to get back to that again.

It is safe to say that Sherreffs is not in play for this season since he has to sit out by rule.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I really don't give a sh__
Way to contribute to the conversation.

Is there a chance that no players accompany Diaco? If every position is up for grabs, he'd be tipping his hand, no?

Drew

Reaction Score
Way to contribute to the conversation.

Is there a chance that no players accompany Diaco? If every position is up for grabs, he'd be tipping his hand, no?

usually theres three players that attend. I agree with Dooley that Byron Jones will attend, along with IMO DeLorenzo and a lineman of some sort

Dooley

Reaction Score
It is safe to say that Sherreffs is not in play for this season since he has to sit out by rule.

Yup, you're right. My bad. For whatever reason, I can't get it through my head that he is a transfer. Shirreffs can practice, not play in games.

Reaction Score
@desmondconner: Senior wideout Geremy Davis and senior CB Byron Jones representing #UConnFootball at #AAC Media Days July 28-29 in #Newport

Dooley

Reaction Score
Me too. Best offensive and defensive players and both well-spoken. We need our guys to spread the word that UCONN football is rising back up.

Reaction Score
Lobsters

The AAC, like the Big East Media Day before, is loved by the vast population of media and well-attended because it has a great atmosphere in Newport and very very different from the Florida type conference held by other conferences in days recent. Seafood, Golf and a Casual Atmosphere: the AAC advantage. Good feelings last a few days ... before the hatchets come out.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Anyone bothered that on the first paragraph of the opening statement it has us behind ECU (be damned alphabetical lists).... sorry looks awful. Beyond conspiracy though

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Issue Number 2.... not saying that Uconn was the reason for having best conference post season record. I am done now.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Anyone bothered that on the first paragraph of the opening statement it has us behind ECU (be damned alphabetical lists).... sorry looks awful. Beyond conspiracy though
Nomination for nitpick of the week.

Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised that the AAC HQ is still in Providence. Figured they would have moved to Hartford, the Big Apple or a member city geographically in the middle of the conference. Obviously Memphis comes to mind there but I think if they had moved the HQ to NYC it would make some kind of a subliminal statement that this conference is for real. How many other conference headquarters are based in NYC?

Reaction Score

Nope... I was fine when I saw this on page 2:

image.jpg

Reaction Score
@UConnFootball: Follow the @American_FB Summer Kickoff and Media Day right here with us #riseup #BleedBlue http://post original url/dXEWU4MHky http://post original url/P4SeBOjf6L

image.jpg

Dooley

Reaction Score
I was just impressed Louisville isn't on the cover.

No kidding. I'm impressed there wasn't a Page 1 Memorial spread dedicated towards thanking the grand ol' Cardinals for gracing us with their underachieving presence in 2013. Aresco loves him some Louisville.

Drew

Reaction Score
If anyone gets any links/pics/updates from Media Days today please post them in here. I can't listen directly at work so I want all the info I can get

Reaction Score
@uconnfootball: Some early action at @American_FB Summer Kickoff as Geremy Davis poses for @CBSSports #UConn #BleedBlue http://post original url/gMZs4kInTo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom