AAC Fan Forum: Big Ten TV Rep At BB Game | The Boneyard

AAC Fan Forum: Big Ten TV Rep At BB Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
RE: Aresco in Hartford Courant: challenge series with another league maybe coming Figure I would put this here. On the UConn board they have a staff hidden forum for staff and mods people and they supposedly were talking about how the athletic director sits at a table on the baseline for the games and sometimes they have interesting people spotted with or near him. One of my friends told me about the thread. He's a mod of the forum. Supposedly a guy named Jake Burroughs was there yesterday. They were saying he's a TV guy involved with the big ten. I guess this isn't the first time he has been spotted at a UConn game or on campus this season.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
they're talking about a hidden mod forum on the boneyard? Or another UConn board? Is this thread going to self destruct in 20 minutes?

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
RE: Aresco in Hartford Courant: challenge series with another league maybe coming Figure I would put this here. On the UConn board they have a staff hidden forum for staff and mods people and they supposedly were talking about how the athletic director sits at a table on the baseline for the games and sometimes they have interesting people spotted with or near him. One of my friends told me about the thread. He's a mod of the forum. Supposedly a guy named Jake Burroughs was there yesterday. They were saying he's a TV guy involved with the big ten. I guess this isn't the first time he has been spotted at a UConn game or on campus this season.

Here's the Big10 question: Was he at the hockey game?

Reaction Score
What message board are you talking about? Link?

Reaction Score
There's a Jade Burroughs who is the Big Ten Director of Branding. She works out of the Big Ten’s New York City office.

Burroughs was promoted to Director, Branding, after filling the role of Associate Director since 2011. She will assist in the development and implementation of marketing efforts to ensure that all partners adhere to approved brand strategy, messaging and graphic standards.
http://www.bigten.org/genrel/070214aab.html

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
troll.jpg

Reaction Score
There's a Jade Burroughs who is the Big Ten Director of Branding. She works out of the Big Ten’s New York City office.

Burroughs was promoted to Director, Branding, after filling the role of Associate Director since 2011. She will assist in the development and implementation of marketing efforts to ensure that all partners adhere to approved brand strategy, messaging and graphic standards.

Thanks for posting this. When it was "Jake" Burroughs, my anachronistic, sexist mind could only come up with two theories:

1. UConn to B1G
2. Emily Noonan stalker (she's very stalkable)

Since I guess I'm still essentially sexist, that narrows it down to 1. Congratulations!

Reaction Score

She works in the NYC office.

pj

Reaction Score
Maybe she's thinking about how to convert UConn fans into Rutgers fans.

Reaction Score
Let's take this at face value for a minute and contextualize it.

On Feb 10th, OkaforPrez started an "ambiguous" thread about an earnest P5 push but couldn't provide details--the proverbial "something's up" thread.

Now a thread about Jade Burroughs at UConn. Ms. Burroughs was hired by Big Ten after the design of the new B1G logo. Her job is to get that branding in people's faces--like planning court placement and sizing based on television camera coverage for various B1G venues, how to brand venues for the spectators based on venue crowd flow, etc. She's familiar with every basketball court in the Big Ten because that's her job.

Now, add in the Chicago Tribune article of March 11th: Big Ten facing crucial decisions about its TV future.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-sherman-media-big-ten-spt-0312-20150311-column.html

It sounds like Fox is really unhappy with the performance of Big East basketball and may be exerting some behind the scenes pressure on the B1G to put together the right "package" for lack of a better word. Not just for football, but for basketball.

When I put it all together, I get what I've always thought and haven't been shy about saying: UConn's in the B1G--as in, Burrough's presence indicates UConn's already in the B1G.

The only piece of the puzzle I seem to be missing is an available traveling partner.

But--if the various rumors are actually factual--it adds up. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
I love your thought process and I am hoping you are correct. I believe uconn to big 10 makes a great deal of sense. They can take control of TV market in northeast, and we get to leave AAC.

Reaction Score
I don't know what the benefit would be for her to be present, so it's hard to connect the dots there. Doesn't mean it's not true...

Reaction Score
I don't know what the benefit would be for her to be present, so it's hard to connect the dots there. Doesn't mean it's not true...

It's part of her job--analysis of television coverage and crowd flow--but I'm with you, it is hard to connect the dots here. For all I know, it's just not true or she's got a nephew riding the bench or she's dating a diehard UConn fan with some pull or something. That's life in Rumorville--and unlike some of twitterville, I don't have highly placed sources in the NSA that forward recordings of Delany's cell phone conversations. I just look for patterns in the available information--information that may well be flat-out wrong to begin with.

It's still more fun than watching Brady Bunch reruns.

Reaction Score
It's part of her job--analysis of television coverage and crowd flow--but I'm with you, it is hard to connect the dots here. For all I know, it's just not true or she's got a nephew riding the bench or she's dating a diehard UConn fan with some pull or something. That's life in Rumorville--and unlike some of twitterville, I don't have highly placed sources in the NSA that forward recordings of Delany's cell phone conversations. I just look for patterns in the available information--information that may well be flat-out wrong to begin with.

It's still more fun than watching Brady Bunch reruns.

Try " The Rifleman". For when things are slow here. Saw Sammy Davis Jr. on there yesterday. He once had a connection to Hartford so....

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Any sightings of a B1G official at UCONN sponsored games is a good thing. Let's not all forget about Delany's in-person introduction to "UConn South" in last year's Sweet 16 and Elite 8.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Let's take this at face value for a minute and contextualize it.

On Feb 10th, OkaforPrez started an "ambiguous" thread about an earnest P5 push but couldn't provide details--the proverbial "something's up" thread.

Now a thread about Jade Burroughs at UConn. Ms. Burroughs was hired by Big Ten after the design of the new B1G logo. Her job is to get that branding in people's faces--like planning court placement and sizing based on television camera coverage for various B1G venues, how to brand venues for the spectators based on venue crowd flow, etc. She's familiar with every basketball court in the Big Ten because that's her job.

Now, add in the Chicago Tribune article of March 11th: Big Ten facing crucial decisions about its TV future.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-sherman-media-big-ten-spt-0312-20150311-column.html

It sounds like Fox is really unhappy with the performance of Big East basketball and may be exerting some behind the scenes pressure on the B1G to put together the right "package" for lack of a better word. Not just for football, but for basketball.

When I put it all together, I get what I've always thought and haven't been shy about saying: UConn's in the B1G--as in, Burrough's presence indicates UConn's already in the B1G.

The only piece of the puzzle I seem to be missing is an available traveling partner.

But--if the various rumors are actually factual--it adds up. Thoughts?

If you are correct, you have made my life complete.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
OK I tracked this down.

This post is the exact same one posted by BE4neva on the CSNBBS board. He identifies himself as a Providence fan. He is a UCONN troll and hater on that board.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-730811-page-4.html

Same dude had another post there on hockey.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-730333-post-11868366.html#pid11868366

Here it is:

BE4eva said:
In inner circles here in the RI/MA area there is a lot of talk about BU going into phase 3 of its 20 year project to upgrade the school over all platforms. Phase 1 was a lot of new facilities which included some high profile academic buildings in stem and what was considered one of the best dorms ever built in the world. Forget the name of it. Phase 2 was its research boom which they just recently completed and gained entrance to AAU I think also which was a goal for years. Supposedly phase 3 is turning the athletic department into a mid major brand name using the city, location and high profile academics as the backbone. BU is known for hockey and then nothing. The plan supposedly is to take the small basketball gym they have and remodel it into a basketball practice facility strictly. They would then sign a deal with the garden to play home games there. The goal is to gain entrance into the Big East. The city has been lacking Big East basketball since BC left years ago. BC never carried the city, but it has tons of alums from Nova, Gtown, Prov and the likes from the original conference that made it a worthy ticket most nights. If BU can invest and gain the invite it would be a huge move. They would go from nothing to having a second profitable sport and this one would be on TV way more. It could almost instantly become more popular than BC on the court. BU is actually in the city vs BC being on the outskirts. The amount of BU alums who stay in the city is huge and it has a way bigger alum following then BC does within city limits. The last part of that is to supposedly move hockey long term into the B1G. The TV network the B1G has would bring millions more profit wise to BU athletics. While the move may not be popular, the B1G schools are no slouch schedule wise and the tickets will still sell. It would actually make the Beanpot even more of a war. BU hopes to get into the Big East and when it does use that as a springboard for proving to the B1G that it can literally turn on the city of Boston cable box wise with its hockey program. It's going to be interesting to watch the next 10 years as they go for it. the B1G has a solid alum base in Boston, I think this is very interesting long term.

Sounds like he wants a little attention.

Reaction Score
It actually kind of makes sense and passes the smell test except. . .I can't wrap my head around all the B1G affiliate membership things and I can't even begin to imagine that any school had, as part of a strategic plan, the goal of affiliate membership in the B1G in anything. Unless the B1G was nosing around a bit but that would be a recent development, as in post-network. But that would post-date this grand plan.

Like most of this stuff, it's just plausible enough and just weird enough to be provocative without actually having solidity.

I will say this: It dovetails nicely with what pj was posting in the non-key tweets thread about a UConn hockey only/provisional affiliation. I'll have to think this through a little more. . .

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
On the UConn board they have a staff hidden forum for staff and mods people and they supposedly were talking about....

They're trolling you.

There's no 'secret' admin board other than an automated status board that no one actually uses. And if there was, how would he know what was on it?

Reaction Score
They're trolling you.

There's no 'secret' admin board other than an automated status board that no one actually uses. And if there was, how would he know what was on it?

BE4neva = Snowden?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
They're trolling you.

His post says his friend is an admin and knows what's on it. Maybe you're his "Deepthroat," Fishy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom