A Visitor's Guide to Our Board | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A Visitor's Guide to Our Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There was no invitation to debate.

This isn't a Notre Dame board - you'll have to let some of it go.

Notre Dame's reputation will survive whatever indignities it suffers here.

Ok, Ok, Ok... I'll do my part...

My name is "Sea Goat and I am given to pounding the underachieving, haughty, overrated blowhards from ND"

I'll work on it...

Reaction Score
I reserve the right to bash Notre Dame irrationally with impunity. Seriously they are one tick better than State Penn in my book.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't find having an individual national TV contract and wanting the flexibility to schedule games all over the country to be "dated".

Why would ND fans want ND to "stabilize the college football landscape"? Why is it ND's duty to sacrifice what it finds its best interests to be for such a nebulous concept?

How exactly would ND joining the ACC "stabilize the landscape" any more than it currently is with exit fees, GOR's, etc...

ND football has gone 37-15 under Brian Kelly, including 21-5 in the past two seasons. Many programs would like to "struggle" like that.

Joining a conference for football will not benefit ND's program. More likely, just the opposite.

IF UConn going independent in football was in its best interests, I would support that and would not begrudge it for making that decision.

I certainly would not chide it for charting its own path and would not condemn it for not "stabilizing the landscape" by following the herd and joining a conference like everyone else.

See, this is just the point? We don't care. None of this is relevant. We aren't here to talk about Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
I don't find having an individual national TV contract and wanting the flexibility to schedule games all over the country to be "dated".

Why would ND fans want ND to "stabilize the college football landscape"? Why is it ND's duty to sacrifice what it finds its best interests to be for such a nebulous concept?

How exactly would ND joining the ACC "stabilize the landscape" any more than it currently is with exit fees, GOR's, etc...

ND football has gone 37-15 under Brian Kelly, including 21-5 in the past two seasons. Many programs would like to "struggle" like that.

Joining a conference for football will not benefit ND's program. More likely, just the opposite.

IF UConn going independent in football was in its best interests, I would support that and would not begrudge it for making that decision.

I certainly would not chide it for charting its own path and would not condemn it for not "stabilizing the landscape" by following the herd and joining a conference like everyone else.
Why would anyone join the armed services? Why would anyone think it's their duty to sacrifice their best interests? Doesn't matter really because there are such people. Apparently they aren't from Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
See, this is just the point? We don't care. None of this is relevant. We aren't here to talk about Notre Dame.

I didn't start it, I was just responding to another post.

But, I understand and will check my fire.......

Reaction Score

LMFAO. When I first read this, I assumed it was satire mocking Fishy's rules. And, as satire, it would have been clever. But then I read Terry's later response and realized it was serious. Not much on reading comprehension, is he?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I think they just want to trolling to settle down for a while, particularly in multipage threads that had long since jumped the tracks.

I think you should just shut up.

sdhusky

Reaction Score

But, I understand and will check my fire..

Ask yourself this simple question - is this about UCONN?

If they answer is no or not sure, shut up.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Can we be informed when one of our esteemed guests get the boot? I am always down for throwing a party when posters we all know should be booted actually get it!

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score

But, I understand and will check my fire..
I will probably get blasted for this,but,I will agree with you,that making statements about another team,any team,not based on fact,will always deserve a rebuttal.
I have been and always will be a Connecticut fan,but I believe it is always wise to respect all other universities sporting teams. Notre Dame has done some outstanding things past and present,and should be commended for their efforts and accomplishments.
One thing I wish everyone would think about,before posting,is that college sports is not a game of croquet.The rivals each university has,are out to win,and each person associated with each team,whether alumni,fan,or observer,can have pride in that team's progress towards the ultimate goal,which is winning.
Notre Dame,has had a winning tradition in several sports,as has Connecticut,and in my opinion,before we attack a fan of any team,we should use facts to express the strengths and weaknesses of any universities success and failures.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Notre Dame,has had a winning tradition in several sports,as has Connecticut,and in my opinion,before we attack a fan of any team,we should use facts to express the strengths and weaknesses of any universities success and failures.

ND also has their own message boards. Check them out. Defend ND's honor over there.

In fact, I think someone just wrote something negatives about ND (not on this board) - if you hurry up and leave, you can catch it in time.

Reaction Score
I've seen you post here and respect your posts however, pretty sure this is counter productive to the objective and or rule that was posted here.

I can't see anything good coming from posting these last statements to those fans other than inciting angry responses. I have to say I agree with fishy, while I enjoy seeing other fans interest in the board it is somewhat troubling to fish through 15 pages of posts to find one relevant to UConn re-alignment.

so I would ask if people could please refrain from posting fan incited hatred towards schools and wishful thinking (in a negative way as far as certain schools go, aka the fruits) on this board.

Like I said, its fine to feel certain ways, but having to read pages and pages of paragraphs not relating to UConn when I get excited hoping for news of my huskies is some what depressing. I'm not saying counter arguments shouldn't happen but sometimes some one should notice things are getting a little out of hand and be the big man and not respond.

My bad, I think I'm partly to blame for now expanding this thread in the opposite direction the OP wanted. I've just seen this behavior for too long now, esp ND types - I'm actually surprised certain Va fans went down this road. I've not noticed such behavior in the past.

So for the record, no more ND-Va disses on my part, not even one last parting shot, nor rebuttals to responses to my post, except yours. I swear ;)

Reaction Score
This chest-thumping of opposing fanbases on this message board over their own schools over 100 years of history may have been good publicity for our school and complimentary. Not a bad crowd to be associated if we are aiming for what these schools already are. But now we have a solid taste of big time athletics. The Big East was nothing. Providence and Syracuse?

sdhusky

Reaction Score
My bad, I think I'm partly to blame for now expanding this thread in the opposite direction the OP wanted. I've just seen this behavior for too long now, esp ND types - I'm actually surprised certain Va fans went down this road. I've not noticed such behavior in the past.

So for the record, no more ND-Va disses on my part, not even one last parting shot, nor rebuttals to responses to my post, except yours. I swear ;)

You are really struggling with this, aren't you? Your internal emotional drama about this isn't about UCONN and honestly, outside maybe your Mom, its not very interesting.

Again - ask yourself, is this about UCONN (and explaining why you respond to ND fans ISN"T), and if the answer is no, tell your mom and avoid posting.

Reaction Score
You are really struggling with this, aren't you? Your internal emotional drama about this isn't about UCONN and honestly, outside maybe your Mom, its not very interesting.

Again - ask yourself, is this about UCONN (and explaining why you respond to ND fans ISN"T), and if the answer is no, tell your mom and avoid posting.

I think you're struggling a bit with my sarcasm. To some degree, sports message boards will alway have smack talk, which makes the OP a bit unnecessary. It's fun watching the sickness & even partaking. At the end of the day, no one can take away what UConn has accomplished, especially on the hardwood. Right? Right. Peace sdhusky, & you should actually watch Mom jokes, you never know if one has lost one or both parents, or even had a relationship with their parents to begin with.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
I think you're struggling a bit with my sarcasm. To some degree, sports message boards will alway have smack talk, which makes the OP a bit unnecessary. It's fun watching the sickness & even partaking. At the end of the day, no one can take away what UConn has accomplished, especially on the hardwood. Right? Right. Peace sdhusky, & you should actually watch Mom jokes, you never know if one has lost one or both parents, or even had a relationship with their parents to begin with.

Again, this isn't about UCONN. It's about you. What you think the UCONN board should be about. What you think should be off limits on a message board.

We don't care. We really don't.

I'm begging you - stop explaining yourself. Stop excusing yourself. Stop with your emotional ups and downs.

Post about UCONN or don't post.

PS: Your opinion about a UCONN board isn't about UCONN, it's about you. That is what your own personal blog is for.

Reaction Score
Again, this isn't about UCONN. It's about you. What you think the UCONN board should be about. What you think should be off limits on a message board.

We don't care. We really don't.

I'm begging you - stop explaining yourself. Stop excusing yourself. Stop with your emotional ups and downs.

Post about UCONN or don't post.

PS: Your opinion about a UCONN board isn't about UCONN, it's about you. That is what your own personal blog is for.

Alright, you need to stop - hypersensitivity is creeping in - now this is suddenly about you.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Alright, you need to stop - hypersensitivity is creeping in - now this is suddenly about you.

You really want the last word, eh?

Go for it. I'm not going away. I will keep posting until one or both of us get banned. We can both see how far fishy will go.

Got it?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You really want the last word, eh?

Go for it. I'm not going away. I will keep posting until one or both of us get banned. We can both see how far fishy will go.

Got it?

Stop.

You're more problem than solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members