A Visitor's Guide to Our Board | The Boneyard

A Visitor's Guide to Our Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This board is for UConn fans to talk about realignment and how it affects our school and program.

Fans from other schools and conferences are welcome and many/most have added to the conversation.

Others have not. (E.g. The UVA/ND alliance set on trolling the board and specifically the Big Ten.)

If the level of your contribution here doesn't rise past a constant drumbeat as to why your conference is superior, if you're here to call the Big Ten "BUG" or Michigan "Meatchicken" or any of a thousand other annoyances, you're not welcome.

We rarely if ever ban anyone here, but visitors are now standing on a trap door. Contribute and behave...no problem. Post nonsense....we'll bounce you.

I trust that's clear enough

Reaction Score
I am an ND fan but I was here before the recent influx.

I don't think I ever made any references to BUG, Meatchicken, etc... since I have been here.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't even get meatchicken? Is that just a dumb way of saying Michigan?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'd rather read another one of HFD's 20 team Pac 12 realignments before reading anything with those stupid pejoratives.
Austin Peay.

Thank you. Try the veal.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Last night on Twitter he was putting WVU in the Big 10.
Yeah I saw that.
But... I was actually making a pejorative pee joke. (Peejorative?)

Reaction Score
In a similar vein to something like "Rutgirls" or "Sarahcuse/Sadexcuse/Syralose", yeah.

A popular Michigan radio announcer used to often times say "Meeechigan," so I'm sure it's a play on that.

Reaction Score
This board is for UConn fans to talk about realignment and how it affects our school and program.

Fans from other schools and conferences are welcome and many/most have added to the conversation.

Others have not. (E.g. The UVA/ND alliance set on trolling the board and specifically the Big Ten.)

If the level of your contribution here doesn't rise past a constant drumbeat as to why your conference is superior, if you're here to call the Big Ten "BUG" or Michigan "Meatchicken" or any of a thousand other annoyances, you're not welcome.

We rarely if ever ban anyone here, but visitors are now standing on a trap door. Contribute and behave...no problem. Post nonsense....we'll bounce you.

I trust that's clear enough

Thank you. I clearly admit to being a bit vulgar in some of my responses to these UVA - ND types. I'll refrain at this point, esp knowing they'll undo themselves if past patterns are an indication to ongoing behavior.

So to some of the UVa-ND types, my last few thoughts here:

ND has been awfully overrated in football, especially for the past 25 years, yet the elitist alum & fans still have no interest in stabilizing the college landscape due to dated "independent" claims. So march on, your football product continues to struggle & you consistently get humiliated on the biggest stages - it's actually rather sad & underscores that money does buy prestige, deserved or not. We all know the truth, history doesn't lie. It's especially insulting that ND fans, who aren't Midwesterners or alum, continue to trash the very region ND will always be based in: Rust Belt Indiana.

UVa fans, what to say other than nice school, great history. But in basketball and football you're so middle of the road, especially considering the high school talent in that state. The slights against Md are beyond hypocritical. As clearly proven - they beat the daylights out of you throughout their ACC history in m. basketball & football, they have more NCAA titles - these are just simple. proven facts. As for academic comparisons - it's pretty much a wash: UVa has a larger endowment, more undergraduate prestige, but Md has noticeably more relevant graduate schools in terms of various official rankings.

I truly hope to see UConn in the BIG & will continue to root for UConn Basketball after Michigan State and Minnesota : ) I will continue rooting for all of your athletics teams, most importantly, academic & research contributions to humanity.

PS To be fair, there are plenty of BIG traditionalists who slight UConn, as well as non-Midwest BIG schools. So it goes, I do my best to educate them, but like these ND and UVa fans - you can only beat a dead horse before it looks like sick, animal cruelty.

Reaction Score
Is this standard applied to everyone? Specifically on, "covered up a rape" "had a student killed" "irrelevant" "altar boy victims" "chickened out of a series" and the rest of the usual suspects?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Is this standard applied to everyone? Specifically on, "covered up a rape" "had a student killed" "irrelevant" "altar boy victims" "chickened out of a series" and the rest of the usual suspects?
There are certainly ND boards where you can defend the school to your heart's content. Why some ND fans feel the need to hunt down and address every perceived slight on other school's boards is a mystery. You care not to compete against us any longer, so I don't desire to consider your opinion on anything involving intercollegiate sports.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

It's all subject to whatever my mood is at a given moment in time.

It's best to just assume that I'm biased, irrational and have taken a strong dislike to you personally.

Reaction Score
It's all subject to whatever my mood is at a given moment in time.

It's best to just assume that I'm biased, irrational and have taken a strong dislike to you personally.

Well at least you're honest about it. I never said anything bad about UCONN here just as I don't go to the Huskerboard to whine about Nebraska, same standard for every board. What generally happens is a small minority flips their lid at the sight of the ND logo and spouts any amount of hate, usually fictitious. I'll indulge them with replies NOT because their opinions have merit, but because there are plenty of local fans who wouldn't necessarily have come across the truth. I trust you wouldn't let someone post "UCONN ran off Syracuse" or whatever and let him go uncorrected.

Reaction Score
Thank you. I clearly admit to being a bit vulgar in some of my responses to these UVA - ND types. I'll refrain at this point, esp knowing they'll undo themselves if past patterns are an indication to ongoing behavior.

ND has been awfully overrated in football, especially for the past 25 years, yet the elitist alum & fans still have no interest in stabilizing the college landscape due to dated "independent" claims. So march on, your football product continues to struggle & you consistently get humiliated on the biggest stages - it's actually rather sad & underscores that money does buy prestige, deserved or not. We all know the truth, history doesn't lie. It's especially insulting that ND fans, who aren't Midwesterners or alum, continue to trash the very region ND will always be based in: Rust Belt Indiana.

UVa fans, what to say other than nice school, great history. But in basketball and football you're so middle of the road, especially considering the high school talent in that state. The slights against Md are beyond hypocritical. As clearly proven - they beat the daylights out of you throughout their ACC history in m. basketball & football, they have more NCAA titles - these are just simple. proven facts. As for academic comparisons - it's pretty much a wash: UVa has a larger endowment, more undergraduate prestige, but Md has noticeably more relevant graduate schools in terms of various official rankings.

I truly hope to see UConn in the BIG & will continue to root for UConn Basketball after Michigan State and Minnesota : ) I will continue rooting for all of your athletics teams, most importantly, academic & research contributions to humanity.

PS To be fair, there are plenty of BIG traditionalists who slight UConn, as well as non-Midwest BIG schools. So it goes, I do my best to educate them, but like these ND and UVa fans - you can only beat a dead horse before it looks like sick, animal cruelty.

I've seen you post here and respect your posts however, pretty sure this is counter productive to the objective and or rule that was posted here.

I can't see anything good coming from posting these last statements to those fans other than inciting angry responses. I have to say I agree with fishy, while I enjoy seeing other fans interest in the board it is somewhat troubling to fish through 15 pages of posts to find one relevant to UConn re-alignment.

so I would ask if people could please refrain from posting fan incited hatred towards schools and wishful thinking (in a negative way as far as certain schools go, aka the fruits) on this board.

Like I said, its fine to feel certain ways, but having to read pages and pages of paragraphs not relating to UConn when I get excited hoping for news of my huskies is some what depressing. I'm not saying counter arguments shouldn't happen but sometimes some one should notice things are getting a little out of hand and be the big man and not respond.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
And it took about 10 posts before it turned into a Big10 vs ND vs UVA debate.

This is a UConn board ffs.

Reaction Score

I don't find having an individual national TV contract and wanting the flexibility to schedule games all over the country to be "dated".

Why would ND fans want ND to "stabilize the college football landscape"? Why is it ND's duty to sacrifice what it finds its best interests to be for such a nebulous concept?

How exactly would ND joining the ACC "stabilize the landscape" any more than it currently is with exit fees, GOR's, etc...

ND football has gone 37-15 under Brian Kelly, including 21-5 in the past two seasons. Many programs would like to "struggle" like that.

Joining a conference for football will not benefit ND's program. More likely, just the opposite.

IF UConn going independent in football was in its best interests, I would support that and would not begrudge it for making that decision.

I certainly would not chide it for charting its own path and would not condemn it for not "stabilizing the landscape" by following the herd and joining a conference like everyone else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69