A suggestion for Kibitzer | The Boneyard

A suggestion for Kibitzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like many of your fellow-posters, I have derived considerable enjoyment from your initiation of the game-by-game Badass awards for exceptional performance. Furthermore, I think your distribution of those awards has been spot-on.

Having said that, I am being sufficiently presumptuous to suggest that for the remainder of this glorious season, a modifier be included, in the form of a parenthetical little qualifier as follows: (other than Stewie!) I don't know if, alongside DT and MM, Stewie is the most, second most, or third most transcendent player ever to wear the UConn uniform, but as the self-proclaimed "expoits" and pundits like to say, "It sure don't take long to call the damned roll!"

There are, as we've seen, occasional nights when Stewie's shots are not falling as she (and everyone else) anticipates, but even on those rare occasions her overall contribution to the team's success is so outsized and gargantuan that it is almost impossible, going by the box score alone, to overlook her...ever! Obviously, this is YOUR thread, and I'm making this suggestion only as a means to heap further glory on Stewie, not as something you should necessarily adopt, but as her final season winds down, I know that all of us, like you, look to her departure with a huge combination of awe and dread.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Like your suggestion, though that presumes that Stewart is not in fact one of the BA winners for that game.

And speaking for a few of us, maybe it would be better to expand that just a little to:
(other than our glorious 4th year players Stewart and Jefferson!)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I suggest that for the remainder of this glorious season, a modifier be included, in the form of a parenthetical little qualifier as follows: (other than Stewie!)
I'm making this suggestion only as a means to heap further glory on Stewie

First, thank you for your generous compliments. You know, of course, that this "Badass Award" thing was meant to add a new unofficial dimension to traditional means of recognizing player(s) excellence (e.g., NPOY, Player of the Week, AA, etc., etc.). and the concept has been enriching here by stimulating discussion -- as others have kibitzed ;) my choices.

You will be pleased, but not surprised, to know that in addition to being hands down the greatest wcbb player in America, Stewie is even on the verge of transcending the achievements of Diana and Maya!

BigP, Stewie needs no contrived help from me. In addition to all else she has achieved, here is the status of Badass Awards as of after the ECU game yesterday:
Stewie - 17
Mo - 13
Morgan and Gabby - 8 apiece
Lou - 5
Nat and Napheesa - 3 apiece
Saniya and Kia - 2 apiece
Geno, CD, Swin, TLaw, Team, Swin, and Pulido - 1 apiece​
As we enter the home stretch, let's see if Stewie will not only add Naismith, Wooden, AA, and NPOY, but also recognition here as the Baddest Badass of all! :)

(I like her chances.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Like many of your fellow-posters, I have derived considerable enjoyment from your initiation of the game-by-game Badass awards for exceptional performance. Furthermore, I think your distribution of those awards has been spot-on.

Having said that, I am being sufficiently presumptuous to suggest that for the remainder of this glorious season, a modifier be included, in the form of a parenthetical little qualifier as follows: (other than Stewie!) I don't know if, alongside DT and MM, Stewie is the most, second most, or third most transcendent player ever to wear the UConn uniform, but as the self-proclaimed "expoits" and pundits like to say, "It sure don't take long to call the damned roll!"

There are, as we've seen, occasional nights when Stewie's shots are not falling as she (and everyone else) anticipates, but even on those rare occasions her overall contribution to the team's success is so outsized and gargantuan that it is almost impossible, going by the box score alone, to overlook her...ever! Obviously, this is YOUR thread, and I'm making this suggestion only as a means to heap further glory on Stewie, not as something you should necessarily adopt, but as her final season winds down, I know that all of us, like you, look to her departure with a huge combination of awe and dread.

Can we add to "awe and dread" the word HOPE? The significance of the Big 3 doesn't have to end when they leave. Part of their legacy can be the lessons of team play, mutual support, classy demeanor, and the culture of winning. We are in awe of their accomplishments, we dread their departures, and we HOPE that the tradition persists for many, many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom