A-Rod may be ahead of schedule- Is this good news? | The Boneyard

A-Rod may be ahead of schedule- Is this good news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's taking swings off a tee and participating in light workouts in Tampa. After last year's meltdown by Alex I have mixed feelings- mostly negative though, about his return. He's saying that he was "embarrassed" by 2012 ( not elaborating on whether his performance was an embarrassment, or the fact that he was benched in the playoffs that caused it), and he has "unfinished business". What should be an embarrassment for the Steinbrenners' is that contract they gave him in '09. He's still owed about $120 million. I'm a die-hard Yankee fan, and I'd rather see Youk (when healthy) or just about anyone rather than Alex. He really has worn out his welcome. Like his body, his schtick is old and tired.
I've been wrong on pretty much everything that has happened so far this Spring (thank you, Brian), so I could easily be wrong on this, but the "New" Yankees seem to have a nice chemistry that a bad apple like A-Rod could destroy!

Reaction Score
Listen if he can hit .300 and hit 25 HR's and knock in 80 the rest of the year when he returns I want him back and why not.......I hope he found a magic sauce that works for him again and I don't care, everyone else is. Look at the numbers of some of these freaks.......it's part of the game now!

Reaction Score
I don't think he's capable of putting up those numbers anymore. And his antics during the playoffs last year showed that he could care less about being a teammate. Unfortunately, his "magic sauce" contains kryptonite!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom