A rare comeuppance for Mr. Boras | The Boneyard

A rare comeuppance for Mr. Boras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This isn't tooting the Sox horn. They elected to go with Boagarts and Middlebrooks at SS and 3rd over the lineup the KNEW was superior and won them the World Series to save money. Although they did offer Drew $14M for one year but Drew declined this on Boras' advice that Drew would get more in open market. Well apparently the market for good fielding 'eh' hitting SS isn't more than 14M per year especially when you have to provided compensatory draft picks. So tail between his legs Boras comes back to Sox and takes $10/14 by virtue of the passage of time. A rare Fvk up by Boras, I do think both Drew and the Sox wanted him to play SS in Boston this year. Just so beyond dumb that $14M could possibly not be enough.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this also means that the Sox have lost confidence in Middlebrooks. Clearly, Drew will play short and Bogaerts will be moved to third. I expect that when Middlebrooks is healthy, he will spend extended time in the minors on rehab.

Reaction Score
Actually a double screw-up by Boras - he misread the market on Kendrys Morales too.

Reaction Score
Actually a double screw-up by Boras - he misread the market on Kendrys Morales too.

On second thought, perhaps not a bad deal for Drew (excepting the few months' salary lost). He gets last year's salary and I believe will be a free agent again without the handicap of a draft pick next winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom