A quiz for the cognoscenti | The Boneyard

A quiz for the cognoscenti

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And for the rest of you. :)

It's September, and First Night is not that far away. Yay!

As a tune-up, here's a 1-question quiz:

Which player led the Anerican Conference in FG % shooting last season?

Hint: It was not Shoni Schimmel. :)

Reaction Score
Having looked over stats recently, I think Kiah led UConn in all games - not sure about AAC games. Don't know stats from other teams, so I'll go with Kiah.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Having looked over stats recently, I think Kiah led UConn in all games - not sure about AAC games. Don't know stats from other teams, so I'll go with Kiah.
Good guess. She shot .600 for the season and .612 for her career. But at just under 3 FGA per game, she does not qualify for the official stats.

Reaction Score
MoJett's only going to get better. She stands to be positively scary for opponents over the next couple of years.

Reaction Score
I guess Kaleena didn't have enough free throws to qualify for the % statistic?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO Kaleena getting to the Free Throw line is the biggest area that she needs to improve on. The ability to drive to the basket for layups and/or free throws will also allow her to get open more for her outside shooting. Getting to the line will increase her worth at the next level.

Maya has improved this stat over her four year WNBA career. Had 80 Free throw attempts in 2011 and this year so far 181 Free throw attempts. Only mention Maya as Geno wanted Maya to get to the line more while she was at UConn.

Reaction Score
MoJett led the conference in assists and in FG %, for an unusual double. She's not even 5'7", and she outshot all the bigs. What an amazing player!

Break away lay-ups off of steals will definitely help your field goal%.

Reaction Score
And she was fourth behind B.S., K.S. and S.D. in blocked shots on a record breaking team.

45 TO GO

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
MoJett led the conference in assists and in FG %, for an unusual double. She's not even 5'7", and she outshot all the bigs. What an amazing player!

This is a remarkable double. I believe Nate Archibald is the only NBA player to do something similar; IIRC, he led the league in scoring (points, not %) and assists. Extraordinary indeed.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Her steals aren't the best I've ever seen from a pg. Her shooting percentage is. She is tremendous at driving to the basket and finishing.

Yep. For a season and a half now I've been surprised when her layups -- easy/hard, contested/breakaway, whatever -- don't go in.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
All I know is…
When you really, really want a steal…
Against your very toughest opponent
Against their very best player
When the chips are down
In the game of the year
Just make sure Mo’s on the floor!
Ya gotta go to Mo!
.............................................................................................................................................................
With 12.8 seconds left in 1st half, ND had tenaciously gained momentum by whittling UConn's 14 point lead down to just 5 points (43-38). Despite missing chippies early in the second half, UConn relentlessly pounded away at the leprechauns, and then something seemed to snap...
MoJet Steal.JPG

Full game ESPN video available at:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member