A note to Chandler | The Boneyard

A note to Chandler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately I missed most of the game because of work.

But driving home after half time and listening to Joe D commentary during the opening second half drive I asked myself "What the heck is going on?"

Chandler, over the years with the team, you've taken a pounding on the field from opponents, and an equally brutal pounding on this board from fans. As HCBD often commented, the QB often takes all the heat for a teams performance, which isn't right.

What I managed to see last night from your performance and team performance was well beyond my current faith level. When you weren't running for your life, more often than not your decisions and passes were "right on".

You were excited. The team rallied around you. There were times you and team mates were high fiving on the side line. There was enthusiasm. There was excitement, and there was belief among the players and coaches.

Despite the beatings you took from all sources over your career, last night you showed me something that will carry your life to a bountiful of success and happiness in future years. ......... YOUR CHARACTER!

There were plenty of times you could have packed it in for various reasons......health, concussions, being benched, coaching changes, being labeled a backup....... and you kept coming back! Like the Eveready Battery commercial.......your the bunny that keeps the beat going when all else fails.

Your character also identifies something else an employer would love to see in their staff........You're a team player! Chances are you may face "back stabbing" at work.....that is the way society is. But somehow I believe you will always show up and try to do your best.

Most importantly, in your personal life, I have a feeling you will be an excellent roll model in your family life.

I hope I'm able to be present to support you in your final games........but medical circumstances (it's tough being old) may not cooperate, and hospitals don't carry ESPN.

From me to you, Thank-you for your efforts.

Luck and happiness in your future years

Reaction Score
Still feel bad for Chandler for never getting the opportunity to experience the glory and honor that being the #2 QB at UCONN is. LOL.

TD - I hope that whatever it is, that you are fighting, you beat it quick and thoroughly.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Nice post, TD. I hope you recover soon from whatever you're fighting through.

As for Chandler, it is almost unfathomable that he is catching crap from a small handful of posters after what we saw last night. The kid throws for over 300 yards, has a QB rating of 160, was responsible for all three touchdowns, ran for almost half of our rushing total, and did it without our top RB or WR for most of the game. Against the #18 team in the country. And throws in a sweet leading block, because that's the type of heart this kid has.

Chandler, let me "second the motion" that TD has put out there for you; thanks for everything that you continue to give to this team, and keep working hard...

Reaction Score
Feel better TD. Regardless of opinions on preparation for next year CW has made some big sacrifices for this team and deserves credit for his contributions under near impossible circumstances. Fighting our own survival instincts is one of the hardest things for our brain to do and he's had to compete that way for 3 years. Now hopefully our QB's will have enough time to use some of the tools in the box like other QB's around the country. Nice job last night by Chandler. A few different playcalls, drops or penalties and maybe we steal a win. ECU is not a great team because of their defense, but few teams will outscore them.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Agree with everything - especially the getting better soon part.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I've been very vocal about CW not needing to start anymore but as I posted in the game thread last night, he made me eat crow and I loved it! His play last night was great. He did revert to some happy feet late in the 4th and it drove me a little crazy but regardless, he played with total heart last night. No play epitomized that more than that block he laid out on the run by Johnson. The kid has had multiple concussions yet there he was, laying out a defensive lineman or LB (don't remember which it was).

So bravo to you Chandler! I hope you continue to play at the same level you showed for most of last night.

Reaction Score
Absolutely, I got the chills when I saw Whitmer make that block...your QB making a block like that up field is the coolest play in football. I give Whitmer crap all the time for not being able to throw on the run and hanging around a little longer in the pocket but the kid has guts and gives 100 pct all the time...wish we didn't get so conservative on that last drive...Whitmer is going to lead this team to a nice stretch of wins starting with UCF at home.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
My prayers are with you TD for better health

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Unfortunately I missed most of the game because of work.

But driving home after half time and listening to Joe D commentary during the opening second half drive I asked myself "What the heck is going on?"

Chandler, over the years with the team, you've taken a pounding on the field from opponents, and an equally brutal pounding on this board from fans. As HCBD often commented, the QB often takes all the heat for a teams performance, which isn't right.

What I managed to see last night from your performance and team performance was well beyond my current faith level. When you weren't running for your life, more often than not your decisions and passes were "right on".

You were excited. The team rallied around you. There were times you and team mates were high fiving on the side line. There was enthusiasm. There was excitement, and there was belief among the players and coaches.

Despite the beatings you took from all sources over your career, last night you showed me something that will carry your life to a bountiful of success and happiness in future years. .... YOUR CHARACTER!

There were plenty of times you could have packed it in for various reasons.health, concussions, being benched, coaching changes, being labeled a backup.. and you kept coming back! Like the Eveready Battery commercial..your the bunny that keeps the beat going when all else fails.

Your character also identifies something else an employer would love to see in their staff...You're a team player! Chances are you may face "back stabbing" at work.....that is the way society is. But somehow I believe you will always show up and try to do your best.

Most importantly, in your personal life, I have a feeling you will be an excellent roll model in your family life.

I hope I'm able to be present to support you in your final games...but medical circumstances (it's tough being old) may not cooperate, and hospitals don't carry ESPN.

From me to you, Thank-you for your efforts.

Luck and happiness in your future years

Post of the 2014 UConn FB Year!!

Chandler has done nothing but led with passion and represented this football team in best effort and should be loudly applauded come senior day. He is, by far, the most victimized player on this board and your descriptions of him personally and as a football player were spot on. Extremely happy with the performance the other night and the way he has carried himself over the last 3 years.

Chandler 'Bing' Whitmer - thank you for being you - it takes many to make a team a winner but you have showed as you move forward in life you will be a winner in whatever direction life takes you in. Your determination, effort, heart and ability to shake off the 'bad' are just a few of the strengths as a person you have shown that many wish they had, and will benefit you moving forward!

TD - get well please.

Reaction Score
...hospitals don't carry ESPN.

You need a better hospital. I am currently getting chemo therapy at Dana Farber in Boston and have ESPN, ESPN2 and NFL network available on the TV.

I hope you prognosis is as positive as mine is!

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
You need a better hospital. I am currently getting chemo therapy at Dana Farber in Boston and have ESPN, ESPN2 and NFL network available on the TV.

Get well!!

Reaction Score
It was on ESPNU. I don't think any carry that channel.

Get well soon, both you and @tduconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom