A lot to like about tonight's game. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A lot to like about tonight's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Napier played like the All America he is tonight and the supporting cast was solid.

Loved what we saw out of Brimah. Phil played well, but I was surprised AB stent more minutes.

Glad DD's injury wasn't worse, surprised he continued to play, figure they would've iced it up?

Reaction Score
I don't get how that Rutgers team is that bad and have had the losses they had. I'm not just saying that because of how they played tonight but Mack/Seagers/Jack/Judge/Moore are solid pieces to work with, not NCAA tourney caliber but they shouldn't be below .500.

Reaction Score
It seems like Boat had a better midrange game when he first got here then he does now, he's all but abdandoned it when you compare him to his freshman year. One of the things I was encouraged by in watching his HS clips was how advanced his midrange game was, and he showed it alot his freshman year. Kind of weird that it would disappear from his game when he sees how effective the midrange game is for Bazz.

I've been thinking the same thing. In general, it seems like his confidence in his jump shot isn't there. I don't know if he's over-thinking things trying to impress NBA scouts, or if his jump shot has actually regressed. Whenever he comes off a ball screen or catches the ball on the wing with space, it seems like stepping into a fifteen footer is the last thing on his mind. He'll either drive to the basket for a contested layup or dish it to somebody who either isn't open or can't shoot.

Reaction Score
Had a lot of fun at the RAC tonight. Really good UConn turnout. Loved that the South Windsor CT travel team was one of their honored guests.I'd hate to sound like an RU football fan but we (uconn fans) owned the upper deck on the team bench side. It was really apparent how many uconn fans were there after the RU contingent left with 4 minutes left of what was only a 6 or 8 pt game.

Agree, what was the deal with that? Not like UConn was up by 30.

Reaction Score
Rutgers fans on their board are furious with the refs. A lot of them think they were the reason Rutgers lost.

The Technical Foul call for dunking pre-game was odd. Never heard of that one before. UConn was up 1 to 0 before the game started. Overall, ref called a lot of soft fouls, both ways and it showed-up in the barrage of free throws that RU had.

The RU fans sitting around me all agreed that the reason they lost was Brimah in the first 15 minutes and then Napier the rest of the way. He got hot and no one on RU could stop him.

Was not too happy with Boat's recklessness, like driving for a quick basket, which he missed, with about 2 minutes left up by 7. Pull it back and eat the clock. Also, Daniels acted like he broke his ankle and then was back in the 2nd half?

Reaction Score
When I was in high school dunking in warm ups was a T. Some teams would come out and do it anyway. Have no idea what the rule is now.

Reaction Score
The Technical Foul call for dunking pre-game was odd. Never heard of that one before. UConn was up 1 to 0 before the game started. Overall, ref called a lot of soft fouls, both ways and it showed-up in the barrage of free throws that RU had.

The RU fans sitting around me all agreed that the reason they lost was Brimah in the first 15 minutes and then Napier the rest of the way. He got hot and no one on RU could stop him.

Was not too happy with Boat's recklessness, like driving for a quick basket, which he missed, with about 2 minutes left up by 7. Pull it back and eat the clock. Also, Daniels acted like he broke his ankle and then was back in the 2nd half?

I really don't think any of us are in any position to question how Daniels reacted after his injury.

Reaction Score
Bazz is a man among boys. Most complete guard I have seen in a Husky uniform. He was amazing last night.

Reaction Score
After watching it again, the only two really bad calls were the Samuel and-1 which was an NBA and-1 but not college and the 5th Wally Judge foul. That was just soft, IMO. Lots of soft fouls, but against both teams. Refs were fairly consistent on how they called contact on both sides.
Agree whole heartedly about the soft fouls. UConn (Bazz in particular) adjusted to that and drove into contact time and time again.

Reaction Score
I don't get how that Rutgers team is that bad and have had the losses they had. I'm not just saying that because of how they played tonight but Mack/Seagers/Jack/Judge/Moore are solid pieces to work with, not NCAA tourney caliber but they shouldn't be below .500.

They have some tough attitudes and personalities it would seem so I'm guessing chemistry is an issue. Itou and Judge are both guys seemingly playing with negative chips on their shoulders and Moore isn't too far behind. You can see it in their faces something id wrong. I agree on paper solid NIT team…….tough time for Eddie J to take over with Rice's kids…….

Reaction Score
I really don't think any of us are in any position to question how Daniels reacted after his injury.

Not questioning the injury itself. I thought it was odd that KO played him in the 2nd half, serious or not, because UConn needs him more in the NCAA down the road than UConn needed him against Rutgers last night.

Reaction Score
boatright smh this guys body language is straight up toxic. whenever Napier exits( hell even when he's on the court) ,he starts hooping like he is teen wolf or something.

Some of his decisions are reprehensible; his lack of development has really capped this teams potential. I was a huge proponent until witnessing his on court play twice in person

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Yeah they were in the Bonus with 12 minutes left in the 2nd half and Bonus + with about 7 or 8 left…….the refs were the reason they were in the game. And Kadeem Jack was 11-14 from the line and he's a 50% shooter……they're too funny!

The stripes were equally awful both ways……..it's depressing watching a defender hold his spot and the offensive guy makes the contact and they blow the whistle on the defender? They are making this new rule very painful…….
Agree...that interpretation should not be part of the new rules. I am all for cutting out the clutch and grab that L'ville was so famous for and cutting out Pitt's bump every cutter hard, but it just is not basketball to reward the offensive player for totally creating contact against a stationary defender. That being said, our bigs need to play like they understand this interpretation and either move their feet well enough to draw a proper charge or block the shot. They also need to coordinate their actions so only one defender is committing to the blocked shot and the other is boxing out. They are showing some improvement over the last few games (other than L'ville) in this regard.

Reaction Score

I agree.. It could have been a mix of pain and also frustration that it could be something more serious than it really was. Players all react differently to the realization of an injury thinking it could be the season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They got called for 1 more foul than us and we only took 5 more FTs. And that's with them giving a few fouls in the last minutes. Refs were mind bogglingly awful all around tonight though. They would call a ton of fouls for a few minutes then decide to swallow their whistle for a while. The double foul on Judge/Phil that they are whining about was the right call though. Phil pushed him and Judge pushed him back. Judge then made a horribly foolish foul for his fifth moments later. The real reason they lost is because Bazz just couldn't miss and they don't have the horses to keep up with a player like him.
Like the avatar!

Reaction Score
Concur about Boat's midrange game. Still and will always love the Boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom