A lot of expansion chatter again regarding FSU and VT | The Boneyard

A lot of expansion chatter again regarding FSU and VT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Isn't tomorrow the day that something would need to be announced? I am curious to see if a surprise emerges.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Isn't tomorrow the day that something would need to be announced? I am curious to see if a surprise emerges.

So....where's the chatter? Any links? Or Twitter? (You'll have to help me on the Twitter, because I treat it like the Ebola virus)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
2moro is the day that schools must notify the commish if they are "looking around". rumors will fly but no one will know anything until it happens...fun times tho for those that enjoy the show

Reaction Score
So....where's the chatter? Any links? Or Twitter? (You'll have to help me on the Twitter, because I treat it like the Ebola virus)

I'm not linking because I am on my phone but WVU board, Pitt board, FSU board, VTech board etc. I went cruising the boards because a close relative of mine is an FSU insider and said the SEC has been talking to FSU in the last couple weeks. I wanted to see what I would find.

My source is in his 70's, lives in Tallahassee and hates the web, he didn't get it from a board, he heard it from a buddy at FSU.

Reaction Score
2moro is the day that schools must notify the commish if they are "looking around". rumors will fly but no one will know anything until it happens...fun times tho for those that enjoy the show

You would want everyone to know you are looking. It would speed invitations. FSU isn't going to the B12 if the SEC is flirting. They will want to push the SEC to give them a hurry up invite before they go B12. The theory going around is that the SEC really wants VTech and needs to get FSU as a partner for them.
The SEC can't justify passing on FSU if they need one more member.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I'm not linking because I am on my phone but WVU board, Pitt board, FSU board, VTech board etc. I went cruising the boards because a close relative of mine is an FSU insider and said the SEC has been talking to FSU in the last couple weeks. I wanted to see what I would find.

My source is in his 70's, lives in Tallahassee and hates the web, he didn't get it from a board, he heard it from a buddy at FSU.

I just tried searching all three (WVU, Pitt, VaTech) and I couldn't find a thing. Maybe I missed it if the thread was titled something different, but I guess I'll sit back and wait until someone links one. I couldn't even find it through Google, which has typically served me well for this stuff.

On a side note, I found it funny that there was more than one Pitt fan saying that perhaps they should have stayed, now that Aresco is the Commish...

Reaction Score
I just tried searching all three (WVU, Pitt, VaTech) and I couldn't find a thing. Maybe I missed it if the thread was titled something different, but I guess I'll sit back and wait until someone links one. I couldn't even find it through Google, which has typically served me well for this stuff.

On a side note, I found it funny that there was more than one Pitt fan saying that perhaps they should have stayed, now that Aresco is the Commish...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=4582&t=9225195

This thread will get u to bed time.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

Well there's 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back! Being in the heads of WVU fans is like being in a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. I had to wade through about 60% of posts that were pertaining to a new stadium, 20% of posts that were re-hashed arguments as to why the teams might wish to leave the ACC, and another 20% of the posts talking about Baylor. Perhaps it really is time for bed... :confused:

Reaction Score
... and this is what I've been thinking/concerend of all day:

"Edit: sorry for the confusion. I typed ACC instead of BE. ACC may lose 4 or more. I don't know. But word in the BE office is they fear losing Rutgers, Uconn, UL, and others if other networks truly want to keep NBC out of the game."

If ESPN feels @ all really threatened by the Big East's new leadership and TV consultants - do they start pulling the puppet strings to cobble together a 16 team league in the ACC or Big 12 and scuttle the BE? Things are going to get dirty in the trenches here. Buckpo $$$ @ stake.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
... and this is what I've been thinking/concerend of all day:

"Edit: sorry for the confusion. I typed ACC instead of BE. ACC may lose 4 or more. I don't know. But word in the BE office is they fear losing Rutgers, Uconn, UL, and others if other networks truly want to keep NBC out of the game."

If ESPN feels @ all really threatened by the Big East's new leadership and TV consultants - do they start pulling the puppet strings to cobble together a 16 team league in the ACC or Big 12 and scuttle the BE? Things are going to get dirty in the trenches here. Buckpo $$$ @ stake.

Yeah, but we've known that for almost a year now. The situation hasn't really changed, and if ESPN isn't serious about keeping the Big East viable, we'll know in about 20 days or so...

Reaction Score
Someone made a good comment in that thread, that the OP says Clemson looks like a longshot to leave, but also says four ACC teams will leave. There's no way a total of four teams not named Clemson leave the ACC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
There you have it - an old man's buddy from Tallahasee. It doesn't get more solid than that!

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Message board "insiders", old men in Tallahasee?

No, the only one I trust for the inside scoop is Tuxedo Dodo.

Reaction Score
Lol. Without chatter and rumors there is nothing to talk about. My source is not some random old guy and I am not known for just making stuff up on this board. The comment was very benign. "so and so told me last weekend that the SEC has been talking to FSU in the last couple weeks, we will be spending more time in Tally in the fall if that ever happens".

He is a retired and high ranking government employee that knows many people associated with the university and the football program. I am not making anything up or predicting anything at all. I am simply offering up a comment I heard and found interesting.

Reaction Score
Well today was the day that the ACC was to die at least according to the Doofus of WV, the DoDo in a Tux and the other in-breds on the West Va board.

So first thing I anxiously opened up ESPN and saw nothing about the demise of the ACC. Of course, realizing that the WWL would just be a shill for the ACC, I feverishly looked at a myriad of other sports sites and came away perplexed how the ACC managed to survive.

I then looked at the clock and realized that it was still early in the day and that the withdrawal notices were still probably just being typed in Tallahassee, Miami, Blacksburg, Atlanta, Clemson, etc.

Done deal, definitely a done deal at least according to the boards of the schools with jilted girlfriend syndrome towards the ACC such as here and WV.

Reaction Score
Well today was the day that the ACC was to die at least according to the Doofus of WV, the DoDo in a Tux and the other in-breds on the West Va board.

So first thing I anxiously opened up ESPN and saw nothing about the demise of the ACC. Of course, realizing that the WWL would just be a shill for the ACC, I feverishly looked at a myriad of other sports sites and came away perplexed how the ACC managed to survive.

I then looked at the clock and realized that it was still early in the day and that the withdrawal notices were still probably just being typed in Tallahassee, Miami, Blacksburg, Atlanta, Clemson, etc.

Done deal, definitely a done deal at least according to the boards of the schools with jilted girlfriend syndrome towards the ACC such as here and WV.

You did all that from your bedroom at your parent's house? Sounds like a productive morning. Good for you Skippy.......

Reaction Score
You did all that from your bedroom at your parent's house? Sounds like a productive morning. Good for you Skippy.......

The same drivel over and over again.

Someone please wake me when you post something intelligent.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
There you have it - an old man's buddy from Tallahasee. It doesn't get more solid than that!

I take it over dude of west virginia.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Have you attempted sharing your opinions with the WV board? Why are we blessed with your presence?

Reaction Score
If we're the jilted girlfriend, then who is the weird third party that comes back and taunts the jilted girlfriend? Is it the wanker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom