a little help: dowling bldg should not be destroyd | The Boneyard

a little help: dowling bldg should not be destroyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
on UCONN Farmington campus/ any heavy hitters reading this board from the diamond?

if so; said medical bldg i heard will be leveled for a parking lot

this is a catastrophic waste when UCONN could make a huge humanitarian statement and declare it a 1/2 way house for homeless folk retooling

Reaction Score
UConn should not have a building named after Brian Dowling.

Reaction Score
It is named for Kevin Dowling, a dead orthopedic surgeon. I have 3 doctors in that building: primary care, head/neck surgeon and Ophthalmologist in addition to a blood drawing station. It is rare that you leave a doctors appointment today without the doctor ordering blood work so it is convenient. Nothing particularly wrong with the building but I can see where parking may be a problem with all the expansion. Right now they have free valet parking for those visiting the medical center and they have a recently completed parking garage directly across from the main entrance. The transformation has been pretty amazing.
There is a Dowling South and a Dowling North building. I assume they would demo Dowling South building since it is closer to the medical center.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I haven't been up to date for a while, but I thought a new building(s) was taking its place. Many of the occupants have been shifted elsewhere on campus since the acquisition of the old Hublein Campus down the road.

Reaction Score
I might be the only one old enough to get that. Unless there are some Doonesbury fans. Yale had some good teams back then.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dowling has to come down to make room for one of the phases of the New Inpatient Building.

Reaction Score
chap illustrated a command of the language in this thread.... hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member