A few names for Commish... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A few names for Commish...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
What cracks me up about Observer is that all this is some sort of proof of his supposedly superior intellectual capabilities. The ACC was teetering... someone could have farted the wrong way, and it collapsed... but because it held together, Observer clearly had the analytical skills that no one else could. Look at me! I'm so much smarter than you! And I need to troll a UConn board to prove it to myself! lol. Too funny, man. Pathetic, but funny.

Reaction Score
Observer is on the record. 6 million per team. If the league gets a dime more than that, will he come back and eat crow? I'm guessing no.

The childish arguments here make me think that many of you must have been kings of the fifth grade.

I will lay out my position again which is that the NBE TV deal will be no where near what the ACC has which is 17 million.

Other than Boise the NBE has no compelling TV draws and networks, even those who need programming, are not going to overpay for a product that they cannot sell to advertisers. Or does someone here want to try to convince me that games like Temple-Houston; Rutgers-SDSU; etc. will draw any ratings whatsoever?

Reaction Score
I will lay out my position again which is that the NBE TV deal will be no where near what the ACC has which is 17 whatsoever?

Hey Skippy! You're back. Quite a ballsy position you are taking there. You must be one very smart football guy.

fi

Reaction Score
Or does someone here want to try to convince me that games like Temple-Houston; Rutgers-SDSU; etc. will draw any ratings whatsoever?

Why not? It all depends on promotion, compelling players to watch, time slots, etc. A viewer in Colorado, switching between games would just as likely watch a Houston-Temple game, (especially if a player like Case Keenum was playing) than Wake Forest--Ga Tech.
I can remember when Miami, before Schnellenberger, was less than an afterthought. Programs get built, rivalries develop, agressive commissioners and hungry networks promote their product and the public responds (or not). I'm simply not willing to concede the lack of that possibility.

P.s. I know Keenum has graduated.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Why not? It all depends on promotion, compelling players to watch, time slots, etc. A viewer in Colorado, switching between games would just as likely watch a Houston-Temple game, (especially if a player like Case Keenum was playing) than Wake Forest--Ga Tech.

I'll go one step further than this comment; I can't wait to hear from Observer about how Wake Forest versus Puke draws even more than 20 sets of eyeballs in the state of North Carolina, much less has national appeal! That game makes Houston versus Temple look like the friggin' Rose Bowl!! :confused:

Reaction Score
The childish arguments here make me think that many of you must have been kings of the fifth grade.

I will lay out my position again which is that the NBE TV deal will be no where near what the ACC has which is 17 million.

Other than Boise the NBE has no compelling TV draws and networks, even those who need programming, are not going to overpay for a product that they cannot sell to advertisers. Or does someone here want to try to convince me that games like Temple-Houston; Rutgers-SDSU; etc. will draw any ratings whatsoever?
Yes you made your point. Now what?
Do you want to debate, converse, or what? You come to a BE site, take a contrarian view, and get all pissy when people actually disagree with your position.

Quite honestly, I'll take Rutgers-sDSU over the awe inspiring duke vs Syracuse or bc vs wf any day of the week. And so will NBC... I bet you wouldn't even have to take your shoes off to count all the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke79

Top Bottom