A chance to be legends. | The Boneyard

A chance to be legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If AD and JL had stayed in school we most likely would have won the BE regular season title this year. Unlike last year where the players knew there would be no post season and made the right choice to leave- next year is different.

If Bazz, Boat and DD stay in school they will leave as some of the most respected UCONN players of all time. They will have an opportunity to win at a high level and make a statement that will carry forward into the next part of their lives. There are not many chances in life to do something like that and I have to believe all of them will benefit from the experience.

I can not remember another year where I felt as strongly that the players in question should stay- I am usually a guy that says "thank you" and do whatever you think is best. This year I think what is best gels perfectly with my UCONN fan homerism.

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today. I hope that after they give it some thought, they realize that a full year of being ranked, and what we all hope would be a long tourney run, their draft stock could be even better.

There is such an emotional connection with this team due to what we saw this year. They played hard when no one would blame them if they didn't. They stayed when nobody would blame them for leaving. They won when people (not B'yarders) thought they couldn't.

If they stay, it will have impacts beyond wins and losses next year. The potential national recognition next year from a good season will definitely help on the 2014 and beyond recruiting class. We could be filling anywhere from 4-6 roster spots in 2014. A good season sets up more visibility, and better recruits. It is time to get the recruiting factory running at full power.

This could be an exciting off-season.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We were ticked when SN didn't get national recognition and now we're praying like crazy he doesn't get national recognition. I am so torn between the feeling I have that next year can be special and a giant to all the negative stuff UConn went through versus my strong feelings for SN wishing he could make some big $$$ next season in the NBA.

Reaction Score
I agree with this thread 100%.

If all the players from this special group come back, there's more history to be written and greater legacies to be achieved...

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Kinda behind on the recruiting. What if everyone comes back and helps pick up some recruits for this year by saying you guys come in learn from us and start your own legacy

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If Bazz stays(and plays the way he did this year) he goes in the Ring of Honor.
as 1st team all big east and his clutch play and leadership-he is there already=a no brainer

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Bazz, TO, Niles (and if he returns, EW) could potentially graduate having won 2 NCs.....

Just sayin'!
Kemba (and D-Bev, and Okwandu if my math is right) were the first with two FFs, but that distinction would be fantastic.

Reaction Score
Boat is a very long way from an NBA career. I guess he could play somewhere though. His only hope is learning how to play the point and showing that he can play much smarter with less turnovers. He desperately needs to come back. Dumb plus for him to go anywhere.

Reaction Score
WINNING is WINNING and it always helps a program and the players.

Reaction Score
Thanks Atlanta. I really just do not see the benefit this year unless the families are hurting enough they can not wait for a bigger payday 12 months from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom