A challenger to Ray Allen's 3pt record? | The Boneyard

A challenger to Ray Allen's 3pt record?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guy is a pure scorer, dunno that he is as good a 3pt shooter but hey wouldn't doubt it.

Reaction Score
Guy is a pure scorer, dunno that he is as good a 3pt shooter but hey wouldn't doubt it.

Personally, he's the best shooter I've ever seen. Not to take anything away from Ray, but Curry is out at the three point line setting guys up with in and out dribbles, crossovers, and going behind his back and then raising up for 3. Ray wasn't always just a catch and shoot guy either and handled the ball more in his early days & prime, but Curry is an amazing shooter off the dribble.

Reaction Score
All gonna depend on health for him in terms of the career record. He's been fragile thus far in his pro career.

Reaction Score
Personally, he's the best shooter I've ever seen. Not to take anything away from Ray, but Curry is out at the three point line setting guys up with in and out dribbles, crossovers, and going behind his back and then raising up for 3. Ray wasn't always just a catch and shoot guy either and handled the ball more in his early days & prime, but Curry is an amazing shooter shooter off the dribble.

True. Ray hasn't been in his prime for like 8 years now. Celtics/Heat Ray is nowhere near the player Bucks/Sonics Ray was. The fact the guy continues to play so effectively when his physical ability is less than half what is used to be tells you all you need to know about how much talent he once had and how hard he works. Look at old clips on YouTube. Ray was a sick talent on really bad teams. He even proved to be pretty good defensively while in Boston. He had a rep as a lousy defender and when he went to Boston and didn't have to carry the team he was pretty good. He handled Kobe nicely in the finals. Again, that was done against Kobe when Ray was already hobbling and diminished.

He is one of the most underrated talents in NBA history due to being on terrible teams. Now, he will only be remembered as a shooter. Kind of a shame, even though it is still a great honor.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Is Curry really 6'3" ?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Shabazz should try to mold his game around Curry's. Granted, Shabazz is a little shorter (2 inches or so) and not as good of a shooter as Curry (not many are), but I see similarities in their games.

Curry and Shabazz both are accurate from deep even if they don't always get their feet set. Both have a quick release. Both are shifty at the top of the key and have good handles. Both have good vision.

Curry took Davidson on a crazy deep tournament run to gain some national recognition in the draft and was STILL undervalued. I can see Bazz doing the same next year if he stays at UConn and continues to improve his accuracy from deep.

Reaction Score
I remember draft analysts - serious ones, not just self-appointed web ones - comparing Curry to JJ Redick coming out of Davidson. It was one of the worst comparisons in the history of sports. They could both shoot, but Curry had point guard skills and could create his own shot.

Redick has taken years to develop into a serviceable NBA player. Curry was better than that in his debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom