A Call To Arms | The Boneyard

A Call To Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This thread may be for many of us, but more importantly, it's for any of the current players that might be brave enough (or dumb enough) to read The Boneyard from time to time. This is a call to arms. This is for Husky Nation to band together as one, and to come out of the tunnel for the Temple game swinging haymakers. Here are the reasons why I still believe we are going bowling this year, and I'm not kidding:

1) Defense - The defense looks good. They did a great job of keeping us in that game against USF despite being on the field for two thirds of the game (scoring a TD as well), and they shut down Ajayi against Boise State. And the defense looks like it's getting better every week. We have the talent. We have NFL-level coaches in this area. And I'm confident that Obi will get it right very soon.

2) Special Teams - They've looked good this year as well. Puyol has exceeded espectations, and Wain has done a very good job as well. Newsome is getting us to the 30 a lot of times. I love seeing Wilbert Lee on coverage. And I expect that this unit will keep getting better.

3) Offensive Line - The 305 pound elephant in the room. Unlike others on the board, I believe that you guys have all the talent necessary to succeed. We have players who were all-New England selections, players who have played in the Big33 game, players who were all-section in Florida, etc. And we have the coaches that can get the line sorted out, I'm confident of that. Keep working hard, and keep grinding. When it all comes together, we are going to have some real fun.

4) Offensive Skills Positions - We have one of the best WR's in the country in Davis, there is no doubt about that. But also, we have a group of good WR's to go with him, once they start to gel. And the quality RB's are there, too. I'm expecting that we will see 2 of them differentiate themselves from the pack, but they are all capable of big things in my eyes. Tight ends have shown some nice stuff too, with McQuillan and Bloom certainly. And that brings me to quarterback, where I wholeheartedly believe that Whitmer can deliver us a bowl victory if given the protection. He has all the tools and has shown us that he can use them.

5) Coach Diaco - He has brought energy and enthusiasm to the table. Now, he has some games under his belt as the "head honcho". If he's as smart as I think he is, he will learn from the mistakes that he's made in the first 4 games and grow as a head coach. I'm still confident that he's the right guy for the job, and I think that the end of this year will look a great deal different than the beginning.

I know it feels like we're stuck in the mud. But reach down deep, fellas. Reach down deep, and come out swinging on Saturday. Come out swinging to punch someone in #$king mouth! And if you do, it's going to all come together...

...and I'll be there to cheer you on...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Why can't he learn from the mistakes other coaches have made?

True. But no lessons are as potent as the ones we learn through our own mistakes. And I'm betting that he'll grow from the mistakes he's made. He'll be a better head coach in week 5 than he was in week 1...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom