A Big Blow to tOSU | The Boneyard

A Big Blow to tOSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I could personally care less...but if TN is able to get past OSU, that virtually ensures Warlick remains as head coach through 2017 and beyond. Just getting to the S16 may have in fact closed that case. But for many in Vol land, that may not be the best of news.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If the LVs make the regional finals it would be against a beatable but bigger/stronger South Carolina squad (probably). If by some miracle they made the national semis, they'd be playing the winner of the Bridgeport region, which would not be an auspicious matchup if it's UConn...

Reaction Score
I could personally care less...but if TN is able to get past OSU, that virtually ensures Warlick remains as head coach through 2017 and beyond. Just getting to the S16 may have in fact closed that case. But for many in Vol land, that may not be the best of news.
If Tenn passes OSU, Warlick will demand a raise and another 5 years....

Reaction Score
If the LVs make the regional finals it would be against a beatable but bigger/stronger South Carolina squad (probably). If by some miracle they made the national semis, they'd be playing the winner of the Bridgeport region, which would not be an auspicious matchup if it's UConn...
That would be a crazy turn of events especially since most of the Vol fans were relieved to not be placed in the Bridgeport regional. I guess they're a bit scared of playing UConn, so talk about unexpected if they do meet up but in the final four. Actually it would be pretty crazy to have a team with 13 losses even make it to the final four. Even Duquesne had a way better record than Tennessee this year.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
If memory serves, in 1997 a ten loss Tennessee beat an undefeated UConn by double digits in the elite 8 on route to three-peating.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If memory serves, in 1997 a ten loss Tennessee beat an undefeated UConn by double digits in the elite 8 on route to three-peating.

Your memory serves, but a) Holly Warlick is no Pat Summitt, b) this Tennessee incarnation has no one the caliber of Chamique Holdsclaw, c) this year features no great comeback from injury like Kelly Jolly, and d) thus far, Uconn has suffered no injury like Shea Ralph's (knock on wood).

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

I don't believe that's correct. The winner of the Sioux Falls region will play the winner of the Lexington region.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Yup. I am hoping to see another UConn/UT final. And no, I am not soft on UT. I just want Holly to get five more years and to see the Huskies whack the LV by 30-50 points for #11. :cool:

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Man, that is really sad for Craft. So close.

Reminds me of Natalie Achonwa's injury during the tournament in the game against Baylor her senior year at Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Yup. I am hoping to see another UConn/UT final. And no, I am not soft on UT. I just want Holly to get five more years and to see the Huskies whack the LV by 30-50 points for #11. :cool:
30-50 points? The Vols would be so lucky to stay within 50 points of UConn, assuming Geno doesn't have TLaw and Pulido getting first half minutes. Remember Texas last year? And Ohio State on their floor this year? UConn would treat the Vols like they did Robert Morris a week ago.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I love my Lady Vols, but even with Craft out, I think Tennessee will struggle to keep up with OSU and Mitchell offensively. I think the key for a Tennessee win is limiting the touches that Mitchell gets and keeping the turnovers low.

As far as a National Championship game goes, a Tennessee UCONN matchup would be most compelling, but not nearly the most competitive.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
That would be a crazy turn of events especially since most of the Vol fans were relieved to not be placed in the Bridgeport regional. I guess they're a bit scared of playing UConn, so talk about unexpected if they do meet up but in the final four. Actually it would be pretty crazy to have a team with 13 losses even make it to the final four. Even Duquesne had a way better record than Tennessee this year.

You needed to reach back 18 years for that one... I have said all along that Tenn was under-performing. At the start of the year many including me thought they were a final four team. Now, given the long protracted run at mediocrity and the ensuing team chemistry issues that result from losing winnable games and what appears to be ladies who don't buy into Holly Warwick's game plan I would say that at this point in the season they have over-performed. Anything they achieve from here on out is frosting on the cake. I think Lady Vol fans will be dealing with head coach Holly Warwick for a while longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom