90th out of 124? | The Boneyard

90th out of 124?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Totally cool list. I especially like all of those won loss 0-0 records. I guess "0-0" must be shorthand for "a down hasn't been played so I'm talking out my ".

Reaction Score
I really think this might be the year we play as well as Eastern Michigan!

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Remember the giants weren't suppose to win super bowl in 07&11.Any given saturday anything can happen,hey like Jimmy said could be 118 lmao! Think lower.

pj

Reaction Score
NC State is only 73. Dumb ranking.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I am pretty sure if you walked up to this guy on the street and asked him to name a single player on the UConn roster, he would not be able to do so.

This is just some idiot putting together a list of football teams based on reputation and what he has heard from his peers. These lists are put out merely to get attention and clicks from the many fans around the country jonesing for some football. It means absolutely nothing. I would take more stock in the random rankings my 9 month old son would put together than I would from dolts like this.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
uconn and ncst are both top 40 teams

Reaction Score
Somebody please save this until the end of the year when UConn is in the Top 30. Then email his boss and tell him what an embarrassment this is to CBS Sports. What a joke, does anybody do any research anymore.

Reaction Score
From the website:
"The CBSSports.com 124 rankings are produced by Jerry Palm's own computer formula. They measure how a team has performed against its schedule this season to date, including game location. Margin of victory is a consideration, to a degree. The date the game was played, the name on the front of the jersey, the name on the front of the opponents' jerseys, conference affiliation and what a team did last year are not factors."

Right, and how else did they come up with this?

Reaction Score
Just more fuel for the fire man. If I were Coach P I'd put a big "90" on the chalk board the day before the NC ST game. And again before the Big East opener. We need to win bowl games to get respect. The bigger the bowl game the more respect you get.

Reaction Score
How exactly do you rank teams without using last year's results?
From the website:
"The CBSSports.com 124 rankings are produced by Jerry Palm's own computer formula. They measure how a team has performed against its schedule this season to date, including game location. Margin of victory is a consideration, to a degree. The date the game was played, the name on the front of the jersey, the name on the front of the opponents' jerseys, conference affiliation and what a team did last year are not factors."

I states that they measure how a team does vs its schedule this year. So until this season starts, this ranking meang nothing

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I states that they measure how a team does vs its schedule this year. So until this season starts, this ranking meang nothing

Yet somehow it identified pretty much the same top 10 teams as every other source. Odd.

Reaction Score
From the website:

Oh I get it... It's a palm job!

Reaction Score
I feel better going into this season than I did last season. We are good QB play away from having a very good season. Please Whitmer be good!

Reaction Score
I feel better going into this season than I did last season. We are good QB play away from having a very good season. Please Whitmer be good!

i honestly think this could be a really great season. if our offense moves the way i think it will i honestly think this could be our best UConn team. our defense will be nasty and if our offense can better execute the plays we'll be a top 25 team. i really loved a lot of our play calling on offense last year. i saw more open receivers than i ever remember seeing and i think Whitmer can hit them

Reaction Score
There is only one place to earn respect. On the field.

Based on last year, this isn't such a bad estimate. It is wrong. This looks like a very good team. Much better than last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom