88-1 | The Boneyard

88-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was surfing through the free On-Demand selections on Monday and saw this program in the college basketball section. It must've been on ESPN sometime but I missed it. I think it's a new film.

It's about the UCLA men's college BB winning streak in the early'70s. They have Bill Walton, Digger Phelps, John Shumate and a few other participants commenting on the streak and the last game of the streak.

Bill Walton keeps lamenting that they should've won the game and kept the streak going. They were ahead with three minutes left and everything suddenly went wrong for them.

An interesting thing about the game is that Coach Wooden didn't like calling timeouts late in the game if things were going bad and wouldn't call one when they still had a chance to regroup (other's opinion). He just had a belief about that sort of thing. They did finally call one in the last minute but it didn't do any good.

I think most posters would enjoy watching this film. I was waiting for them to say something about UCONN's WCBB streak but it didn't happen. It's interesting to watch considering UCONN's current streak.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
That was the old days. Now it's gotta be at least in the 70s before it's worth noting.

Reaction Score
Oh is there a current streak?
Yawn.
We UConn fans don't typically start paying attention until it gets out of kiddie territory into something meaningful ... you know, like 50+.

http://www.wetpaint.com/modern-fami...-rains-on-mitchells-parade-in-lifetime-supply

Apparently ESPN, Walton and everybody else involved in that film doesn't pay any attention to UCONN's streak either (or give them any credit).

I'd like to hear Walton's opinion about UCONN's streak in comparison to his UCLA team's. He did his first telecast of WCBB a few weeks ago and said nice things about the Stanford team and WCCB in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom