6 of 9 | The Boneyard

6 of 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well they need to win 6 more to be guaranteed a bowl invite(might get one with 6 wins total but why take the chance) and only have 9 games to do it in. Where do those wins come from?
  • USF: I think the team is feeling good enough about itself and the way they hung tough with Boise for most of the game that they could pull this one off. One less day to prepare and a flight but still...
  • Temple: They beat Vandy pretty handily and only lost by a TD to Navy. They had 24 points in that. They play Delaware St and then travel to the Rent. UConn gets an extra day to prepoare and it's a home game. If UConn flies back from FLA as winners I can see that momentum carrying over. UConn in a close one because they are battle ready due to the tougher schedule to date.
  • Tulane: I think the mini win streak continues for UConn yet I'll be curious to see how Tulane does at Rutgers the week before.
  • Army: After two tough league games(ECU and UCF) if UConn can come into this one relatively healthy I think they pull it out with a larger than expected fan turnout cheering them on all the way to the end.
  • Cincy: Just got a gut feeling about this one.
  • SMU: last regular game of the season, at home, for a bowl invite, against a reeling SMU program, whats not to like about those chances.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Don't forget we already have a W and beating Stony Brook counts towards bowl eligibility. For all the negatives that came from that game, and there were plenty, the biggest positive is that it means we only need to win 5 games to be bowl eligible. But I would feel much better if we won 7 games, given our schedule and if we unable to beat BYU/Boise/UCF/Cinci/ECU.

Reaction Score
I pray for temps over 30 degrees and dry weather vs SMU.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The team is so prone to errors that it's hard to see them winning six of nine without throwing in a WTF loss or two somewhere along the way.

Reaction Score
They are getting better.

This conversation is a lot more alive today than one week ago today.

Reaction Score
The team is so prone to errors that it's hard to see them winning six of nine without throwing in a WTF loss or two somewhere along the way.
I don't think we're in a position where any loss can be a WTF loss.

Reaction Score
On the bright side...we may have some WTF wins. Hung tough against Boise and played BYU better than anyone else. Take away our mistakes (turnovers) in both of those games and it's a much closer.

Reaction Score
@ ECU looks like our toughest game left on the schedule....@ Memphis could be tricky too they look much improved this year.

But every other game is winnable, even vs UCF and Cincy just due to home field advantage.

6-6 would definitely get us a bowl though...there are like 39 bowl games this year.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Cincy's offense is no joke. Obi better turn things around quick or he'll be chasing a lot of Kiel TD passes. I think ECU, UCF and Cincy are our three toughest remaining games and I don't think we have a great shot in any of them. The others could be tossups.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Cincy looks like they could be pretty damn good this year, better than UCF. There is a direct comparison there as well with the Toledo / Missouri common opponents.

I think from this board's perspective that Memphis will be considered a potential WTF loss even though they look pretty damn good this year so far.

Reaction Score
On the bright side...we may have some WTF wins. Hung tough against Boise and played BYU better than anyone else. Take away our mistakes (turnovers) in both of those games and it's a much closer.
ummm what?

Reaction Score
ummm what?
Alright...take away our mistakes and both games are much closer. Maybe people will be happy around here if I wrote...

Our O line sucks
Our coach is green
Our QB has happy feet...
Blah, blah, blah...bitch and moan, bitch and moan

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Alright...take away our mistakes and both games are much closer. Maybe people will be happy around here if I wrote...

Our O line sucks
Our coach is green
Our QB has happy feet...
Blah, blah, blah...bitch and moan, bitch and moan

Thats better - now you are in step.
JK

Reaction Score
How we start off offensively is the key IMO... first 3 games HORRIBLE results at the start of the games... TO's equalling opponent scores... Establish some sort of consistent play offensively early. How they do that, I don't know, but they better do it... Can't get any worse.... at least it shouldn't....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom