Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Here is Palatine in all his socratic glory:

"I have not seen the improvement that you believe exists"

and then: "Well, of course, it's better than last year"

In the same freakin post. You can't make this up unless you believe in star trek.

Reaction Score
Here is Palatine in all his socratic glory:

"I have not seen the improvement that you believe exists"

and then: "Well, of course, it's better than last year"

In the same freakin post. You can't make this up unless you believe in star trek.
And there is nothing in those two statements that are in conflict if you read the post. Not surprised it went over your head.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
And there is nothing in those two statements that are in conflict if you read the post. Not surprised it went over your head.

is that some star trek fanfic mind meld trick.

It's pretty cool.... I wanna try....

The grass is purple and the sky is red. Also, the grass is green and the sky is blue.

Reaction Score
is that some star trek fanfic mind meld trick.

It's pretty cool.... I wanna try....

The grass is purple and the sky is red. Also, the grass is green and the sky is blue.

Read the post, even you can understand I was talking about two different things. One can actually say one thing is good and something else is bad in the same post. Complicated, sure, but you ca get it. One was the team, the other was the coach's approach to the season. But be aware, I will only spent a short time on your remedial reading program.

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Read the post, even you can understand I was talking about two different things. One can actually say one thing is good and something else is bad in the same post. Complicated, sure, but you ca get it. One was the team, the other was the coach's approach to the season. But be aware, I will only spent a short time on your remedial reading program.

Palatine - why not bet BL about who is better at accessing where we are? Both of you want UConn to win but BL thinks we win more league games than last year and you don't.

Why are you afraid to stand by your opinion?

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Read the post, even you can understand I was talking about two different things. One can actually say one thing is good and something else is bad in the same post. Complicated, sure, but you ca get it.

Is this like a truth cloaking device?

Reaction Score

This is like going on the record and stating that Boyle is better than Whitmer, and then claiming you never said such thing when proven to be wrong.

Reaction Score
Did you even read my post? I know everyone is stupid, but you really don't refute anything in my post. We scraped by Army and Nova.

Yes, Army beat us last year but they were better last year, and as I said, we are better at QB this year. BTW, Nova just lost to Penn. Also last year, Diaco dumped he season. He didn't play to win. He judged games by how many players he was able to play. He didn't even game plan against BYU. And did we really play better against BYU this year? They played worse with a worse QB and beat us just as badly.

I also said, in my post which you apparently didn't read, that a minor upgrade in OL play could have a big impact on this year. It's not out of the question the line jells or communicates better. They would have a positive ripple offense on the offense. So what did I say that was so stupid? That the offense has little imagination? You disagree with that? Good grief.

To my eyes, I haven't seen any improvement. I'm not saying it can't happen. But as Bill Parcells says, "You are what your record says you are." But I suppose Parcells is stupid.
You say that, then qualify the wins as barely...

Reaction Score
OvOLqTO.jpg
Is that palatine

Reaction Score
Palatine - why not bet BL about who is better at accessing where we are? Both of you want UConn to win but BL thinks we win more league games than last year and you don't.

Why are you afraid to stand by your opinion?
You misrepresent my position. I never said we would win more or fewer games. I have consistently said I hope we win every game.

I will standby what I have actually said. I did say said that to this point I haven't witness the supposed improvement (except at QB) that bizlaw is gushing about. In addition, I also have said that because Diaco dumped 2014, any supposed improvement is an artifact of setting the bar artificially low.

I put that at the feet of Diaco. I think we have many very good players. He has done a very poor job of getting them to play up to their talent level. I hope that changes this week. I hope we get the plays into the huddle without having to call time outs. I hope the offensive line picks up blitzes. I hope we mix the run and pass and unbalance UCF. I hope we come up big at winning time. But to this point, we haven't done any of those things. Like I said, when it comes to Diaco, I refuse to wear rose colored glasses. Show me something. Start this week. No one would be happier.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
You misrepresent my position. I never said we would win more or fewer games. I have consistently said I hope we win every game.

I will standby what I have actually said. I did say said that to this point I haven't witness the supposed improvement (except at QB) that bizlaw is gushing about. In addition, I also have said that because Diaco dumped 2014, any supposed improvement is an artifact of setting the bar artificially low.

I put that at the feet of Diaco. I think we have many very good players. He has done a very poor job of getting them to play up to their talent level. I hope that changes this week. I hope we get the plays into the huddle without having to call time outs. I hope the offensive line picks up blitzes. I hope we mix the run and pass and unbalance UCF. I hope we come up big at winning time. But to this point, we haven't done any of those things. Like I said, when it comes to Diaco, I refuse to wear rose colored glasses. Show me something. Start this week. No one would be happier.

Diaco dumped 2014? Sorry, you aren't a UConn fan, you are a doucheebag.

Because he didn't play Boyle enough? At what point are you going to figure out that Boyle wasn't going to take that team bowling.

Reaction Score
Diaco dumped 2014? Sorry, you aren't a UConn fan, you are a doucheebag.

Because he didn't play Boyle enough? At what point are you going to figure out that Boyle wasn't going to take that team bowling.

Excellent name calling and as usual no point or cogent comment.

What do you call a coach who doesn't game plan? What do you call a coach who talks about how many players got in the game as opposed to the score? Diaco knew exactly what he was doing. He was not concerned with winning in 2014 at all. He dumped the season.

And you couldn't figure that out. YIKES. Not very observant.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

This is hilarious, he's basically taking Nostical's position (we should be favored in every game) and then trying to say he's not wearing rose colored glasses at the same time.

Reaction Score
Excellent name calling and as usual no point or cogent comment.

What do you call a coach who doesn't game plan? What do you call a coach who talks about how many players got in the game as opposed to the score? Diaco knew exactly what he was doing. He was not concerned with winning in 2014 at all. He dumped the season.

And you couldn't figure that out. YIKES. Not very observant.
actually, Diaco has had a game plan all along. and, if people would just listen instead of opining on what they think he said or didn't say, there wouldn't be much surprise.
He was pretty clear about last year, where the team stood, and what his goals were. If you expected him to come out and say "I'm dumping this year" it wasn't going to happen. To suggest he didn't have a plan is just wrong. To say his plan last year was not aligned with a fanbase that wants to win now is probably more accurate.

I just don't get your level of expectations to suggest the team isn't improving or making strides. Teams don't go 2-10 followed by 9-3 the following year. It's a process. You're either still believing those 3 wins by TJ were the beginning of a championship run cut short by Diaco, or you simply are looking for negatives.

Reaction Score
This is hilarious, he's basically taking Nostical's position (we should be favored in every game) and then trying to say he's not wearing rose colored glasses at the same time.
No, you completely misunderstand that post. I never said we should be favored in every game. I never said anything remotely like that. How on earth could you come to that conclusion?

What I said is "I hope we win every game." How that becomes "we should be favored in every game" in your mind has nothing to do with me or my post. You really can't tell the difference between "hope" and "favored"?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually it is perfectly logical for Pal to argue that some player or players have improved but the team has not. I am sort of in that camp myself, though I think some players have improved but the teams improvement has been only marginal at this point and largely limited to one side of the ball.

Reaction Score
actually, Diaco has had a game plan all along. and, if people would just listen instead of opining on what they think he said or didn't say, there wouldn't be much surprise.
He was pretty clear about last year, where the team stood, and what his goals were. If you expected him to come out and say "I'm dumping this year" it wasn't going to happen. To suggest he didn't have a plan is just wrong. To say his plan last year was not aligned with a fanbase that wants to win now is probably more accurate.

I just don't get your level of expectations to suggest the team isn't improving or making strides. Teams don't go 2-10 followed by 9-3 the following year. It's a process. You're either still believing those 3 wins by TJ were the beginning of a championship run cut short by Diaco, or you simply are looking for negatives.

That's a fairly accurate representation of what Diaco did. With one exception. When I say he didn't game plan, I am referring to having a specific game plan for each opponent. When asked about his game plan for the opener against BYU. He brushed off questions saying things like, I'm concerned with us and BYU is our partner in making us better. He all but admitted the non conference start was exhibition season.

Yes, it's a process. I certainly don't expect 9-3. But those three wins by TJ (without an entire off season to build his squad) proved there was enough talent here to win more than 2 games.

My view with Diaco is simple. Show me something. Show me a "W."

Reaction Score
"I think we have many very good players. He has done a very poor job of getting them to play up to their talent level."
Shame none of them are on the OL.

Reaction Score
That's a fairly accurate representation of what Diaco did. With one exception. When I say he didn't game plan, I am referring to having a specific game plan for each opponent. When asked about his game plan for the opener against BYU. He brushed off questions saying things like, I'm concerned with us and BYU is our partner in making us better. He all but admitted the non conference start was exhibition season.

Yes, it's a process. I certainly don't expect 9-3. But those three wins by TJ (without an entire off season to build his squad) proved there was enough talent here to win more than 2 games.

My view with Diaco is simple. Show me something. Show me a "W."

Hate to harp on this, but if CC was healthy all year we would have won more than 2 games easily. Unfortunately, behind him we didn't have a real FBS QB on the roster.

Reaction Score
Hate to harp on this, but if CC was healthy all year we would have won more than 2 games easily. Unfortunately, behind him we didn't have a real FBS QB on the roster.
Certainly a bad blow to lose CC. But even in the opener, Diaco kept pulling Casey and putting in Whitmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom