48-38 final score | The Boneyard

48-38 final score

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Wisconsin slogs by Virginia in a game with not many points.

But it's the score for a men's game, and the Oklahoma women put up 11 more points tonight than the Badger and Cavalier guys combined. I thought it was only the WCBB games that were played at this ugly catatonic level. Surprise, surprise.

Apparently it's the lowest amount of points scored by Virginia since a 77-36 loss to the UConn guys 20 years ago.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wisconsin, IIRC, has always been a rather low scoring team. Not very flashy.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Speaking of low numbers on the men's side, the Rutgers men's BB team played consecutive November games at the RAC which drew crowds of 392 and 466. The games were against Stillman College and Fairleigh Dickinson. The Rutgers women drew more fans to its game against Howard than those two men's games combined.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Wisconsin, IIRC, has always been a rather low scoring team. Not very flashy.
They've been kind of middling this year at 76.8 going into last night's game, which is about a point behind the Huskies. So a guys' team can be almost 30 points off of their average and still win in these ugly low-scoring MCBB fracases. Maybe Sherri Coale can teach these guys how to play a more attractive up-tempo style that viewers will want to watch.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Speaking of low numbers on the men's side, the Rutgers men's BB team played consecutive November games at the RAC which drew crowds of 392 and 466. The games were against Stillman College and Fairleigh Dickinson. The Rutgers women drew more fans to its game against Howard than those two men's games combined.
While it looks like the men's attendance is awful - numbers of 2,000 up to 4,000+ were noted for the other games.

Those 2 were NIT consolation games - I wonder if they were not included in the season package?

By the way, one of the reasons that RU WBB fans get frustrated with other RU fans is that, no matter how poorly the men are playing (and its bad enough in Eddie Jordan's first season) many still come on the women's board to criticize one of the few successful sports at RU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom