4/20/10 - Cowherd predicted UConn to the B1G | The Boneyard

4/20/10 - Cowherd predicted UConn to the B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well I mentioned it in the key tweets thread but maybe it deserves its own thread instead of getting lost in a tweets thread.

He correctly nailed 2 of 3 moves on the same day - he was 2 months ahead of the Utah and Colorado invites to the Pac 10.

What happened with the UConn thing? Who knows. Maybe his source heard "vetted" and assumed an invite was forthcoming.

Here's the realignment audio from his show that day. Damn, why couldn't he have hit the trifecta.

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2010/4...erd-says?_ga=1.12549876.1952189474.1435718199

Reaction Score
He said on his show earlier this year something to the effect that if basketball mattered, UConn and Kansas would not be in the conferences they are currently in.

pj

Reaction Score
Maybe the B1G was considering UConn and Rutgers but then Maryland jumped the queue.

Reaction Score
More than likely, Nebraska became available, and the Big Ten was like UCONN who?

Reaction Score
Semi OT but did anyone hear his interview with Jim Harbough this morning? Painfully awkward. Cowherd cut it off after about 3 minutes.

Reaction Score
Fairly painful to listen to. And not just cause it's Cowherd.

Reaction Score
Semi OT but did anyone hear his interview with Jim Harbough this morning? Painfully awkward. Cowherd cut it off after about 3 minutes.

After about a minute of Cowherd being his goofy self and Harbaugh seeming like he wanted to be having the conversation, I turned it off. Painful indeed.

Reaction Score
More than likely, Nebraska became available, and the Big Ten was like UCONN who?
Yeah you wonder if rumors of Colorado leaving (which turned out to be true) and knowing not to count on Texas's allegiance made Nebraska more than willing to leave long time rivals than previously, so they take the 1st (or 2nd) lifeboat off the titanic and into a hell of a conference.

Cowherd wasnt just saying I'm hearing UConn could be going to the B10 he talked of it with 1000% certainty. Who knows.

Perhaps a bright side of it is that if the Big10 was leaning towards UConn, then we have been in their good graces at one point...

Reaction Score
I'm betting someone at Notre Dame is to blame. They saw the writing on the wall in the big east, didn't want to lose the core of the conference (fast growing football program, dominant basketball program - stud up + coming program of the BE). Someone from ND talks to Hathaway and convinces him there's more money in growing the big east than joining the B1G, or about the super secret plan to land us in the ACC with them. Phone calls from the B1G go unreturned, or talk is in circles. They move on to the next name on the list - Nebraska. Meanwhile TCU agrees to join the Big East months later, signalling how strong the conference is about to become.

Reaction Score
I'm betting someone at Notre Dame is to blame. They saw the writing on the wall in the big east, didn't want to lose the core of the conference (fast growing football program, dominant basketball program - stud up + coming program of the BE). Someone from ND talks to Hathaway and convinces him there's more money in growing the big east than joining the B1G, or about the super secret plan to land us in the ACC with them. Phone calls from the B1G go unreturned, or talk is in circles. They move on to the next name on the list - Nebraska. Meanwhile TCU agrees to join the Big East months later, signalling how strong the conference is about to become.

I would take this bet.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Internet-Troll.jpg
Hmm what can I say to get UConn fans to reply...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Is JohnnyCullen going to be the next one to show up?

What an AWFUL trade. One of the top 10 worst trades in all of professional sports history. Let's recap:

Ron Francis - one of the top 10-15 all around players in NHL history.
Ulf Samuelsson - one of the best defensive Dmen and physical presence along the blueline in the game (at that time)
Grant Jennings - solid 3 or 4th defenseman not afraid to block shots and good penalty killer

John Cullen - feel bad for being negative about him but not strong on his skates and a defensive liability
Zarley Zalapski - one of the worst +/- in the league year after year; spent more time in the offensive end missing the net by 10 feet than minding his defensive responsibilities
Jeff Parker - concussed 1st game at the old Cap Centre

If JohnnyCullen is going to be next to show up, then we are all truly screwed.

Reaction Score
Note the date Cowherd predicted this. His "sources" were probably the voices in his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom