33 and 22... Wow! | The Boneyard

33 and 22... Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Those were our shooting percentages from 2 and 3 yesterday. How did we win that game?!

I'll tell you how:
Defensive testiculos, FT shooting, and clutch Bazz

Someone hands you those numbers before the game and I say we lose by 20.

All year the one thing that scared me about our team is that we seemed to have a razor thin margin of error. If Bazz wasnt on there were times where you just did not know where the offense was going to come from.
It is amazing what a few weeks have done, because we did not play our best game offensively yesterday and still beat "everyones favorite"

Our margin of error has expanded incredibly.

We scored 81 to take out Iowa St. And then backed that up with a defensive masterpiece yesterday when the shooting was not optimal.

Don't know what was up with Giff, he is usually absolute money on those corner jumpers but couldn't buy one yesterday. He was consistent though, each one of those misses missed in exactly the same way, shoot from the corner hit the front of the rim. Very weird. I have no doubt that he hits them again next game. The guards really are setting him up well now.

Another team seeded higher than us, and another team that got Testiculo'd

Florida next.

Reaction Score
I think if that goes up combined with the defense we've been seeing we'll be fine. I don't see Giffey missing that much again.

Reaction Score
Serious Question:

When was the last time Florida played a team as good defensively as this UConn team is playing?

By KenPom, we are 10....Kentucky is 40, Tennessee was 19, Kansas was 33, Wisconsin is 45, Pitt was 28, UCLA was 46, Dayton was 71...

I mean, and that number is a whole year number, so it would look better if we imagined the 3 Louisville games didn't happen. :)

But seriously...Florida has the number 1 rated defense, so despite my 50.2 mile run today with 4 smart phones, I think we're DOOMED.

Reaction Score
Just so many crazy things in this box score. As mentioned, Giffey was terrible at his best offensive skill. Brimah, 10 minutes, 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 blocks. Kromah, 10 minutes, 2 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists. Samuel, 4 minutes, 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists.

Our defense, steals, lack of turnovers, and of course free throw shooting won us the game. And I can't believe Giffey only finished with 5 rebounds. Seemed like he was ripping the ball away from some MSU player every other possession during the last 10 minutes of that game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nobody plays defense like UCONN in March. Maybe we shouldn't weight lift, might slow us down and hurt our quickness.

Reaction Score
I watched the replay last night and the look in the eyes of UConn on defense was scary.
All I could think of was Rocky
That's what The Eye of the Tiger looks like.

Reaction Score
DEFENSE……..it was tremendous. Any time they put the ball on the floor it was scary for them. Especially inside………never knew it but Dawson is awful with the ball away from the basket, Valentine is all right and Payne was being doubled, tripled and forced to do things he wasn't capable of doing…….

tremendous job to KO and the staff for outlining a plan which the players worked to the T

Reaction Score
Florida is an unreal defensive team. KenPom has them #1 there, and also has their Adjusted Offense at 18. I know the adjusted offense accounts for strength of schedule, but I have to say that their offense has not played a good defensive team in a while, and they are prone to long cold spells against mediocre teams.

Florida scoring droughts 4 minutes or longer since 3/15 vs. Tennessee:

Tennessee
1. 1st Half: 6:24 left to 1:22 left (5:02 minutes)
2. 2nd Half: 14:40 to 10:19 (4:21 minutes)
3. 2nd Half: 9:00 to 4:39 (4:21 minutes)

Kentucky
4. 2nd Half: 11:02 to 6:08 (4:54 minutes)

Albany
5. 1st to second Half: 2:29 to 18:22 (4:07 minutes)

Dayton
6. 2nd Half: 6:04 to 1:05 (4:59 minutes)

Michigan State is a better offensive team than Florida, and they went through two scoring droughts against UConn. One, in the first half, almost 6 minutes, and one, in the second half, over 6 minutes.

But, then again, Florida will own the paint, and their bigger guards will shut down our smaller ones.

We are DOOMED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc