3 schools remaining | The Boneyard

3 schools remaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
haha I like the way you think. :) We don't know exactly if any changes have been made to the bylaws but by the Oct. '11 doc - you are right. Voting rights are forfeited once they announce to leave.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
that can vote on league matters.

Why doesn't UConn immediately call for a vote on allowing us to play in the conference's BBall tournament this year?
I posted the same thing in another thread. Probably because Cincy and USF would vote against it because they want their to schools to get the AQ. All kidding aside, President Herbst can probably ask for a re vote.

Reaction Score
that can vote on league matters.

Why doesn't UConn immediately call for a vote on allowing us to play in the conference's BBall tournament this year?

The rule was just instituted at the end of last semester. It was as brazen then as revoking it now would be.

Therefore, vote on revoking the rule, and use the word "revoke."

Reaction Score
I posted the same thing in another thread. Probably because Cincy and USF would vote against it because they want their to schools to get the AQ. All kidding aside, President Herbst can probably ask for a re vote.

She would indeed ask to clear it with Cincy and USF first. But I don't see why not. There are a ton of schools slated to show up. This shouldn't bother them.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The rule was just instituted at the end of last semester. It was as brazen then as revoking it now would be.

Therefore, vote on revoking the rule, and use the word "revoke."
My take is they do this at the same time WM announces KO's multi year contract and everyone on the Boneyard sends WM a box of donuts because they're so happy.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
She would indeed ask to clear it with Cincy and USF first. But I don't see why not. There are a ton of schools slated to show up. This shouldn't bother them.
I'm sure she has discussed this with them privately already. And yes they would vote in UConn's favor. After all they are our new allies until the next round of expansion. Which should happen very quickly if anyone of us is a conspiracy theorist. There are media and conferences that may still want to see the BE go away.

Reaction Score
And I think it goes without saying that you should be ineligible to participate in league playoffs if you're not fully compliant with league rules (i.e. all exit fees paid).

caw

Reaction Score
That would be hilarious if they could do it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
call up usf and tell them if u match up vs us at any point we will forefit to u. and then tell them in the future when we are elsewhere we will give them a fball and bball agme @ usf as a thanks. thats 2/3 vote....

they are bad this year and were good but not great. that gives us something to aim for, 1st round bye to avoid them all together and there we go...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
call up usf and tell them if u match up vs us at any point we will forefit to u. and then tell them in the future when we are elsewhere we will give them a fball and bball agme @ usf as a thanks. thats 2/3 vote....

they are bad this year and were good but not great. that gives us something to aim for, 1st round bye to avoid them all together and there we go...

Why would you even need to cut a deal??? Cincy's undefeated, and if they continue their form, they're into March Madness regardless. We probably already HAVE the 2/3 vote....we ain't dumpin' for nobody!!! :D

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Why would you even need to cut a deal??? Cincy's undefeated, and if they continue their form, they're into March Madness regardless. We probably already HAVE the 2/3 vote....we ain't dumpin' for nobody!!! :D

becuase cincy may be mad at us depending on ho things shake out here with CR. get it done asap and don't look back or hope for friends to help.

Reaction Score
Better yet, it addition to voting to let us play, also vote to make a new rule that says the automatic bid will go to the team that goes the furthest in the tourney out of all teams still committed to the conference at the time of the tournament. (Essentially taking the auto-bid away from everyone other than cincy or south florida).

caw

Reaction Score
I say give each school that is leaving a 100 ticket allotment at about 1000x the normal cost and give the rest to the three left at reduced prices.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
becuase cincy may be mad at us depending on ho things shake out here with CR. get it done asap and don't look back or hope for friends to help.

So your principle bargaining chip with USF is to dump the game to them if we meet in the tourney? Ummm.....NO....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So your principle bargaining chip with USF is to dump the game to them if we meet in the tourney? Ummm.....NO....

thats the risk of it. they will be a bottom team and a day 1 loss. now we have somethign to play for which is avoid day 1. perfect way to get into the BET but also have things to play for...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
thats the risk of it. they will be a bottom team and a day 1 loss. now we have somethign to play for which is avoid day 1. perfect way to get into the BET but also have things to play for...

I love you, bro, but there is no way in hell that anyone in their right mind or most people in their wrong mind would agree to making a deal whereby one of the stipulations is dumping a game....do you REALLY want to give the NCAA more ammo at us? Really??? (besides, there is no way in hell our guys are dumping)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I love you, bro, but there is no way in hell that anyone in their right mind or most people in their wrong mind would agree to making a deal whereby one of the stipulations is dumping a game....do you REALLY want to give the NCAA more ammo at us? Really??? (besides, there is no way in hell our guys are dumping)

the chances of a uconn-usf matchup are very very slim. if it happens then tuff luck but we tried . forfit the game and move on to next years thoughts.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
the chances of a uconn-usf matchup are very very slim. if it happens then tuff luck but we tried . forfit the game and move on to next years thoughts.

Stop it. Right now, you stop it. Asking Kevin Ollie and the boys to quit on a game is like asking UConn Nation to behave like people who like the Tarheels. We take real classes here. We take the stairs, not the elevator. And we sure as s#it are not going to agree to forfeit to a team in order to barter a deal...

Reaction Score
Nah, a revote would damage our reputation and we don't need any more damage.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Most of us have known for nearly two decades that the BE was basically us and perhaps a couple of other, less significant schools. Now it is official.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
On the attempt to get back into this year's tournament, I don't know if I would consider this until there was more clarity on what the future (beyond this season) will hold. I happen to think that it is fitting if our last ever BE game was against Syracuse (even though it was a loss) as a game against them is how it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom