3 Plays, 3 Yards | The Boneyard

3 Plays, 3 Yards

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I got to thinking as the game was wrapping up last night, that I have some optimism for our future because of 3 big plays that each only spanned a yard and were made on both sides of the ball.

Play number one... the Villanova 4th and 1 in the fourth quarter. Our defense needed to make the stop with barely three inches to go. Offenses usually make that play by falling forward, and they lost a yard. Our defense held and gave some us fire moving forward.

Play number two... our offense on 4th and 1 at the 50. Coaches trusting players to execute, players executing. We didn't score on the possession but it is a building block for this team. The guys can hang their hat on going for it and making it.

Play number three... 3rd and 1 with 1:27 remaining. The team needed to make the first down to close out the game. Execution, the first down, and the first win of the new year.

A win is a win is a win, but I have hope again, some real hope for a change and not just blind faith.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Totally agree. It's huge to have guys like Shirreff and Ron Johnson on 3rd/4th and short who can consistently pick up the first. Interior linemen were huge in making stops. Great job pushing back the O line and swarming the ball. Campenni stuffed up the middle and Fatukasi was an animal until he was ejected. Let's hope that from here on out he can keep the high level intensity without reaching the point of throwing punches...all in all that play, dumb as it was, didn't bother me that much. Of course I say that in hindsight after winning, but I'd rather have my players too fired up than having to check their pulse like in years past. He'll learn and won't repeat that crap.

Reaction Score
Not only did they execute the 4th and 1 at midfield ... they had a plan for it. Rush to the LOS and try to catch the D off guard. They planned for it and executed it.

Reaction Score
After those def stops, who was the coach in the red jersey chest bumping his players? Did it after we caused them to miss the 1st period FG???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom