3-headed monster | The Boneyard

3-headed monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure that TO got any time. I don't remember him on the court but the box score has him with one foul.

Anyways, 12 points, 8 boards, 3 blocks from the five position. I would define this performance as adequate.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
TO was sent in to defend the big guy. I thought he looked OK keeping him off.the block, then got a cheap foul called on him and he was out.

Reaction Score
I agree...if those 3 can give u 12 and 8...plus defend, we are OK. 15 and 10 would be better :rolleyes:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
TO was sent in to defend the big guy. I thought he looked OK keeping him off.the block, then got a cheap foul called on him and he was out.
He was the best at keeping him out of the block and the worst at getting back to the rim when his guy set a screen. The guards on UCF took advantage of this, went to the rim, which caused other UConn's players to leave their players and help out on defense,. The UCF guard would pass the ball to an undefended UCF player if a UConn help defender was fast enough to stop the guard or take it to the hoop if they weren't able to get back and defend.

The bottom line is the defense broke down several times because of this weakness in Tyer's game. PN and AB are much better this with this role on the defensive end. They couldn't stop the tank however. Hopefully Lubin will be an upgrade over Tyler just for this type of UCF player.

Reaction Score
This was one time where I was happy to see TO. He's the only football big we got, and he at least tried to body up that big dude. Brimah looked like a string bean and 'foul magnate' Nolan seemed tepid. I will say this about TO when he goes in he ain't scared of anyone, and quickly mixes it up.

He may not have Div 1 skills but he has Div 1 heart, experience, body and strength. No one punks TO! Glad we have him this year.

Reaction Score
He was the best at keeping him out of the block and the worst at getting back to the rim when his guy set a screen. The guards on UCF took advantage of this, went to the rim, which caused other UConn's players to leave their players and help out on defense,. The UCF guard would pass the ball to an undefended UCF player if a UConn help defender was fast enough to stop the guard or take it to the hoop if they weren't able to get back and defend.

The bottom line is the defense broke down several times because of this weakness in Tyer's game. PN and AB are much better this with this role on the defensive end. They couldn't stop the tank however. Hopefully Lubin will be an upgrade over Tyler just for this type of UCF player.
Exactly, guys gotta watch the whole court, not just individual matchups, TO's contribution to team D is awful.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Exactly, guys gotta watch the whole court, not just individual matchups, TO's contribution to team D is awful.

Tyler would be better off if he would focus on position defense and trying to move his feet more quickly. He wants to be a shot-blocker and bad things happen when he tries to do that.

Reaction Score
The numbers are OK but consider the level of the opponent. Let's see that against Louisville or Cincy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom