3 Big East Teams In Bcs Bowls? | The Boneyard

3 Big East Teams In Bcs Bowls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
1) The winner of the Big East, hopefully Cincinnati. I don't want to see those scumbag Mountaineers take the BCS bid.

2) Boise - basically a lock at this point. TCU and SDSU are the only remotely tough games left.

3) Houston - Houston is likely running the table, with @Tulsa the toughest remaining contest. Houston will need some help to get a BCS bid though. The Big 12 and SEC are likely getting two bids, which means Houston would need a clean sweep with the rest of the leagues not getting a second team eligible.

Reaction Score
1) The winner of the Big East, hopefully Cincinnati. I don't want to see those scumbag Mountaineers take the BCS bid.

2) Boise - basically a lock at this point. TCU and SDSU are the only remotely tough games left.

3) Houston - Houston is likely running the table, with @Tulsa the toughest remaining contest. Houston will need some help to get a BCS bid though. The Big 12 and SEC are likely getting two bids, which means Houston would need a clean sweep with the rest of the leagues not getting a second team eligible.

+1

Rooting for a blowout one way or another in bama vs lsu so that loser drops below Boise in bcs
OK beats OKie state
Oregon beats Stanford

Boise SHOULD play in National Championship.?

Reaction Score
Would love to see Boise and Houston, along with Cinci in the BCS, but it won't happen. Even if BSU and Houston run the table, only one will get in, sadly. The BCS rules clearly state that
"No more than one such team from Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, and the Western Athletic Conference shall earn an automatic berth in any year. (Note: a second team may be eligible for at-large eligibility as noted below.) If two or more teams from those conferences satisfy the provisions for an automatic berth, then the team with the highest finish in the final BCS Standings will receive the automatic berth, and the remaining team or teams will be considered for at-large selection if it meets the criteria."

Even if both are undefeated, the BCS bowls won't select 2 non AQ's over a 2nd team from the SEC, B10, B12, or P12 if their runner ups are ranked in the top 14 or so. So figure the 6 BCS league champs are in, Boise, and the 3 higher rated runner ups out of those 4 leagues.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Even if both are undefeated, the BCS bowls won't select 2 non AQ's over a 2nd team from the SEC, B10, B12, or P12 if their runner ups are ranked in the top 14 or so. So figure the 6 BCS league champs are in, Boise, and the 3 higher rated runner ups out of those 4 leagues.

That was my point. I think VTech will lose at least once more. They just aren't that good, so the ACC won't get 2 teams. Oregon probably needs to lose two more, but it has USC and Stanford left, and Oregon is not nearly as good as it was last year.

Big 10 teams will beat up each other the rest of the way, but there is a good shot that there will be two with 2 losses at year end, which means both go to the BCS. The Big 10 is Houston's biggest problem.

Oklahoma could lose 2 more to drop to 9-3 and likely out of a BCS bid, although Houston is probably better off with Kansas State and Oklahoma winning out and the Big 12 tying up at least 3 Top 14 slots. It also wants the SEC to end up with 4-5 teams in the Top 14, which would be ironic because the SEC is no where near as good as the Big 12 this year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That was my point. I think VTech will lose at least once more. They just aren't that good, so the ACC won't get 2 teams. Oregon probably needs to lose two more, but it has USC and Stanford left, and Oregon is not nearly as good as it was last year.

Big 10 teams will beat up each other the rest of the way, but there is a good shot that there will be two with 2 losses at year end, which means both go to the BCS. The Big 10 is Houston's biggest problem.

Oklahoma could lose 2 more to drop to 9-3 and likely out of a BCS bid, although Houston is probably better off with Kansas State and Oklahoma winning out and the Big 12 tying up at least 3 Top 14 slots. It also wants the SEC to end up with 4-5 teams in the Top 14, which would be ironic because the SEC is no where near as good as the Big 12 this year.

I don't see Houston getting in. If OU beats OSU, both will go. No title game either. Nebraska, Michigan and Penn State will likely produce two more. If Oregon beats Stanford, they both go, and they may make it even if they lose to Stanford and beat USC (barring an upset @ UDub). Bama and LSU will both go, and Arkansas isn't far behind if one stumbles (say LSU loses to Bama and Arkansas). If South Carolina wins out, even they'd be on the table (the game this week is big). ACC gets just one of Clemson or VT.

Reaction Score
Boise and the Big East champ for sure. Houston will get no love from ESPN or most of the voters out there. Maybe Houston has a shot at the Cotton Bowl?? which is closest thing to a BCS bowl, I don't know what the Cotton Bowl arrangement is, anybody?

Reaction Score
Would love to see Boise and Houston, along with Cinci in the BCS, but it won't happen. Even if BSU and Houston run the table, only one will get in, sadly. The BCS rules clearly state that
"No more than one such team from Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, and the Western Athletic Conference shall earn an automatic berth in any year. (Note: a second team may be eligible for at-large eligibility as noted below.) If two or more teams from those conferences satisfy the provisions for an automatic berth, then the team with the highest finish in the final BCS Standings will receive the automatic berth, and the remaining team or teams will be considered for at-large selection if it meets the criteria."

Isn't Houston possibly coming in all sports and BSU football only? Houston with it's bball tradition might be interested in coming not just for football.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Didn't TCU get beat by Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl 2 years ago? They were both from non-AQs. So unless I'm misinterpreting that rule, Boise and Houston could both make it.

Reaction Score
Cotton Bowl is out for Houston. They can get a BCS bid with Boise is they can get into the top 5. I don't see how that can happen.

Reaction Score
Isn't Houston possibly coming in all sports and BSU football only? Houston with it's bball tradition might be interested in coming not just for football.
Yes, I believe Houston is to be invited for all sports, along w/ SMU and UCF. Boise, AFA and Navy are to be FB only - I think (it's actually kind of confusing keeping up).

Reaction Score
Didn't TCU get beat by Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl 2 years ago? They were both from non-AQs. So unless I'm misinterpreting that rule, Boise and Houston could both make it.
Yes they did, good call. It's possible, I'd love for it to happen, still think it's a long shot - will require a lot of 2+ loss teams, and very few 0-1 loss teams.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't see Houston getting in. If OU beats OSU, both will go. No title game either. Nebraska, Michigan and Penn State will likely produce two more. If Oregon beats Stanford, they both go, and they may make it even if they lose to Stanford and beat USC (barring an upset @ UDub). Bama and LSU will both go, and Arkansas isn't far behind if one stumbles (say LSU loses to Bama and Arkansas). If South Carolina wins out, even they'd be on the table (the game this week is big). ACC gets just one of Clemson or VT.

Penn State has a low chance of finishing better than 9-3, but Nebraska or Michigan could end up with 2 losses. Wisconsin is the one Big 10 team that will probably win out, and then could beat the Nebraska/Michigan winner. Houston needs Illinois, Iowa and Northwestern to pull some upsets, which is possible, in order to make a BCS bowl.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yes they did, good call. It's possible, I'd love for it to happen, still think it's a long shot - will require a lot of 2+ loss teams, and very few 0-1 loss teams.

I assume that a 2 loss team is BCS eligible, and a 3 loss team is probably not.

Houston needs a few things to happen. It needs two leagues, likely the Big 12 and SEC, to crowd out the rest in the Top 14, and then have some conference champs, like Clemson and Cincinnati, to run the table, and also get ranked highly. Throw Stanford, Boise and of course Houston into the top 14, and there isn't a lot of room for other teams.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I assume that a 2 loss team is BCS eligible, and a 3 loss team is probably not.

Houston needs a few things to happen. It needs two leagues, likely the Big 12 and SEC, to crowd out the rest in the Top 14, and then have some conference champs, like Clemson and Cincinnati, to run the table, and also get ranked highly. Throw Stanford, Boise and of course Houston into the top 14, and there isn't a lot of room for other teams.

I think there's every chance that Stanford wins out and plays in the title game. That probably helps Houston. There will definitely be some 2 loss teams in. The SEC is a lock for 2, with Bama, LSU and the winner of SC-Arkansas all being top 10 in the BCS.

Agree Houston needs upsets. UDub over Oregon would be a start, and isn't unreasonable. VT losing @ GT is also a definite possibility this weekend. K-State will drop when they lose to OSU this weekend. Houston could be about #10-11 by Monday. Weak schedule won't help them much on points, they need others to drop.

Reaction Score
Two non-AQs getting a bid this year is nearly impossible.

There are too many marquee names with 0-1-2 losses that would be more attractive than Houston. Even a 3-loss Florida State team might get picked over the Cougars.

Reaction Score
+1

Rooting for a blowout one way or another in bama vs lsu so that loser drops below Boise in bcs
OK beats OKie state
Oregon beats Stanford

Boise SHOULD play in National Championship.?
OK state, Stanford, 1 loss LSU, 1 loss Alabama and possibly 1 loss OK are all more deserving than Boise.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn has a better chance of getting the BCS than Houston does.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Penn State has a low chance of finishing better than 9-3, but Nebraska or Michigan could end up with 2 losses. Wisconsin is the one Big 10 team that will probably win out, and then could beat the Nebraska/Michigan winner. Houston needs Illinois, Iowa and Northwestern to pull some upsets, which is possible, in order to make a BCS bowl.

today was a big day for Houston. Every Big 10 team has 2 losses already. It would be surprising if more than 1 ends up with just 2 losses.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
today was a big day for Houston. Every Big 10 team has 2 losses already. It would be surprising if more than 1 ends up with just 2 losses.

Funny. Nelson, I'll do you a favor. If you actually care if Houston goes to a BCS game, don't watch the results for the Big 10... watch to see if Boise gets knocked off.

Reaction Score
Houston has yet to win today's game. UAB is giving them a game.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
At-large bids will go to:

Boise
SEC #2
Big XII #2
PAC #2

I'd be very surpised if two non-AQ conference representatives ended up in the BCS picture.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
At-large bids will go to:

Boise
SEC #2
Big XII #2
PAC #2

I'd be very surpised if two non-AQ conference representatives ended up in the BCS picture.

I would be surprised if Houston got a BCS bid, but I wouldn't be very surprised any more. Oregon has a tough road because it still has to play Stanford and USC.

Houston may also have a problem in that a few 3 loss teams will leak into the Top 14.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I would be surprised if Houston got a BCS bid, but I wouldn't be very surprised any more. Oregon has a tough road because it still has to play Stanford and USC.

Houston may also have a problem in that a few 3 loss teams will leak into the Top 14.

Houston has a problem because they are Houston. Another problem for Houston? Their schedule is so bad it will almost make you laugh out loud when you look at it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Houston has a problem because they are Houston. Another problem for Houston? Their schedule is so bad it will almost make you laugh out loud when you look at it.

How many times are you going to make the same post in this thread?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How many times are you going to make the same post in this thread?

I'll keep posting it until you realize that nobody in the entire country gives a damn how many CUSA teams Houston blows out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom