3-3-2-2-1 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

3-3-2-2-1

Reaction Score
This is the worst argument I've ever heard.

If a program is allowed by the sport to compete at the highest level, then they should have a shot to play for the title. You might as well destroy the NCAA Tournament as well by stocking it with P6 schools rather than conference champions. In no other major sport do teams competing in the same division just actively have no shot at a title.

It's a terrible decision driven by the worst factors. This proposal sucks and takes all the excitement I had for a college football tournament and flushes it down the toilet. Once again greed will ruin everything.
Only way for equal access is to have an all team randomly seeded tournament.

That doesn't excuse the latest monstrosities

Reaction Score
They don’t have the guts, but the B12 and ACC could kill this by refusing to participate and going to someone, say FOX and trying to make there own deal. Say 12 Teams. ACC and B12 champ. Maybe even G5 champs with 5 at large. You might make less money, but you might not. The B12 is wide open football. And the ESPN deal assumes everyone joins. Without that, it is meh.

Reaction Score
Byes are stupid. There's no reason for them. Once a playoff starts the higher ranked team should play at home. If a lower ranked team beats them they earn their seed position. It's not complicated. At least give us the illusion of fairness. 8 teams 3 W's takes the prize. But I'd be okay with 16 teams too. At least that way we might see some decent players sticking around to play meaningful games. The Bowls are dead.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This is where being left out will kill a school like UConn. The only way they get into this is by being 11-1 or 12-0. And even then, they may be left out. Damn ACC, damn them

Reaction Score
This is where being left out will kill a school like UConn. The only way they get into this is by being 11-1 or 12-0. And even then, they may be left out. Damn ACC, damn them
What world was a 10-2 uconn getting into this with a weak schedule?

Reaction Score
Yeah, the idea that UConn should be making decisions based on access to the CFP is preposterous on the face of it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
In the overall scheme of things, UConn needs a couple of big uglies in the middle, edge rushers who can actually reach a QB and pursue a QB, LB's who can get to the edge faster than RB's and DB's who can cover receivers and wrap someone up.

If that's a 3-4, 4-3, 2-5, 3-3-X-X, I could care less.

Unfortunately I don't know if UConn has the talent to fill all the requirements regardless of which defense they choose to implement.

In other words, there's going to be trade offs. I just hope they trade off isn't to be mediocre at everything. Find the area the defense can be strongest and hide/mitigate the parts of the defense which are exposed by highlighting the strengths. I hope that makes sense.

Reaction Score
In the overall scheme of things, UConn needs a couple of big uglies in the middle, edge rushers who can actually reach a QB and pursue a QB, LB's who can get to the edge faster than RB's and DB's who can cover receivers and wrap someone up.

If that's a 3-4, 4-3, 2-5, 3-3-X-X, I could care less.

Unfortunately I don't know if UConn has the talent to fill all the requirements regardless of which defense they choose to implement.

In other words, there's going to be trade offs. I just hope they trade off isn't to be mediocre at everything. Find the area the defense can be strongest and hide/mitigate the parts of the defense which are exposed by highlighting the strengths. I hope that makes sense.
Other than this thread is about the CFP, I would agree. ;)

Reaction Score
Depends. Probably none but 10-2 in 2024 would mean we beat at least 2 P4 teams. And since 1 bid is reserved for the top G5, we would certainly be under consideration. We probably would get beat out by another team that went 13-0 vs a weaker schedule, but who knows for certain.

Reaction Score
Depends. Probably none but 10-2 in 2024 would mean we beat at least 2 P4 teams. And since 1 bid is reserved for the top G5, we would certainly be under consideration. We probably would get beat out by another team that went 13-0 vs a weaker schedule, but who knows for certain.
No, there is no depends. A 10-2 uconn maybe gets ranked 23rd.

Reaction Score
No, there is no depends. A 10-2 uconn maybe gets ranked 23rd.
But here’s the thing. You don’t have to be a top 10 team. Just the top G5. Had the 14 team system been in placeThis year, it was Liberty. They were 13-0 but it was a pretty light 13-0. They were ranked around 20th. It will be similar to getting the G5 slot in the NY6 bowls. I would think people would look at a UConn team that went 10-2 with 2 P4 wins as a pretty good choice if the option was Liberty again. It’s a long shot sure. I’m not talking about getting an at-large bid. I’m saying a very good UConn would be considered for the G5 “guarenteed “ slot. Even at 12-0 we aren’t likely to get an at-large unless we beat, say Ohio State, and they go 12-1.

Reaction Score
But here’s the thing. You don’t have to be a top 10 team. Just the top G5. Had the 14 team system been in placeThis year, it was Liberty. They were 13-0 but it was a pretty light 13-0. They were ranked around 20th. It will be similar to getting the G5 slot in the NY6 bowls. I would think people would look at a UConn team that went 10-2 with 2 P4 wins as a pretty good choice if the option was Liberty again. It’s a long shot sure. I’m not talking about getting an at-large bid. I’m saying a very good UConn would be considered for the G5 “guarenteed “ slot. Even at 12-0 we aren’t likely to get an at-large unless we beat, say Ohio State, and they go 12-1.
What conference does uconn belong to again?

Reaction Score
What conference does uconn belong to again?
It has nothing to do with conference. If you are the highest rated G5 you get the bid. I’m in favor of getting into a league. Ideally the B12 or ACC, but I’d take any league. But it’s irrelevant to being the best G5. I’m just saying 10-2 with 2 P4 wins is going to get you noticed. Best G5? Maybe, maybe not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom