$25,000 Bonus For Finishing With Top 25 Rivals/Scout Recruiting Class | The Boneyard

$25,000 Bonus For Finishing With Top 25 Rivals/Scout Recruiting Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, Maryland won't need to worry about paying that one.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
This should be interesting to watch. Locksey is literally rewarded for 'working' with the scouting services while Edsall despises them and protects his recruiting info like it is a State Secret. This Maryland situation is becoming crazier by the dsay.

Reaction Score
Good God that is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Kevin Anderson is in way over his head. And Edsall has lost complete control.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
All he has to do is kick back $10k to Mike Farrell.

Reaction Score
recipe for disaster. Locksley will kill someone for that $25,000.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
recipe for disaster. Locksley will kill someone for that $25,000.
He killed the entire New Mexico football program for not much more than that.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine - "Folks, we had to cut back a few sports programs because we are broke, but I do have some good news - we were able to pay Coach L a few extra bucks for bringing in the 38th rated class!"

Well, at least we know how they fund will fund the lap dances for the kids.

NOTE - - it's not top 25, it's top 40 by either service (or top 4 in ACC).

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
#DreamRecruiter ...

Reaction Score
Stupidest thing I have a heard. So an AD trusts the recruiting services more than he trusts the evaluation of his own coaches. Maybe you got the wrong coaches dude.

Reaction Score
Stupidest thing I have a heard. So an AD trusts the recruiting services more than he trusts the evaluation of his own coaches. Maybe you got the wrong coaches dude.
More like the school has the wrong AD.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
More like the school has the wrong AD.

You know your Athletic Department is in bad shape if you think to yourself: "If only we had hired Jeff Hathaway as our AD a couple of years ago instead of Kevin Anderson." :p

Reaction Score
Here's an interesting article regarding how crazy the pay levels are for Maryland's assistant coaches. It also discusses both Edsall and Anderson and their relationship to the situation. It was written prior to the Crowton-Locksley switch, but is still very pertinent. One conclusion that appears safe to draw from all of this is, Don Brown did not leave Maryland a year ago because of money!

http://www.testudotimes.com/2011/12...-football-assistants-are-really-overpaid-post

Reaction Score
I remember another guy who based his recruiting largely off rivals and scout projections....I believe his name was Larry Coker. How'd that turn out for Miami (FL)?

There was an article years back about it following his firing and subsequent appointment of Randy Shannon ( how Shannon would change the recruiting and program culture). Coker evaluated things via the recruiting sites and didn't pick up guys who were receptive to his coaching or schemes. Rivals and Scout, as all-knowing as they make themselves out to be, do not always evaluate on a level that is indicative of how high school performance will translate to the college level. Randy Shannon and Donna Shalalalalallalala, on the other hand, seemed to be in bed with the wrong people and boosters when it came to recruiting and running clean programs. I don't know which is worse, the lazy evaluation approach or the agressive, unethical approach. Either way, Locksley and Edsall should learn from their ACC brethren that incentives should be based on winning and merits.

Reaction Score
You can't make stuff like this up.

It's like Kevin Anderson is compensating for the fact that he doesn't have cash to fire Edsall, but in the process he's digging Maryland into an even deeper hole.

Reaction Score
I remember another guy who based his recruiting largely off rivals and scout projections....I believe his name was Larry Coker. How'd that turn out for Miami (FL)?

True-it didn't take him long to run that ship aground. Same with Chuck "The Chest" Amato at NC State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom