2024 National Championship Media Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 National Championship Media Thread

Reaction Score

Thanks for posting. Great listen!!!

Top coaches really r CEO’s. My nephew was graduating from Hopkins and some of the geekier kids were upset they ‘only’ had the head coach of the Ravens (Billik) as speaker. My nephew pointed out there are 500 Fortune 500 CEO’s, but only 32 head nfl coaches.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. Great listen!!!

Top coaches really r CEO’s. My nephew was graduating from Hopkins and some of the geekier kids were upset they ‘only’ had the head coach of the Ravens (Billik) as speaker. My nephew pointed out there are 500 Fortune 500 CEO’s, but only 32 head nfl coaches.
Yeah, it was 365 days to the day late, but it was a good listen.

Reaction Score
Do we know when the Hurley/JJ Redick podcast will come out?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Yea the discussion on the system/scheme is very good

Seems like everyone will try to copy this but you need the players and coaching to make it work effectively. If the players don’t know what to do 99% of the time, it’ll just increase turnovers.

Reaction Score
This is great. Some great schematic stuff too. Redick is so good at this stuff.
It's so good. JJ really is the best at this and Hurley is playing chess while other college coaches are playing checkers. I can't even follow a fair amount of what Hurley is talking about with the action he runs.

Reaction Score
It's so good. JJ really is the best at this and Hurley is playing chess while other college coaches are playing checkers. I can't even follow a fair amount of what Hurley is talking about with the action he runs.
Chess would be easier with Karaban back.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Sounded like that interview Cooper Kupp gave to the reporter on how he caught the winning touchdown pass in the Super Bowl. I remember laughing about how absurd the answer was to any casual football fan and the reporters reaction was priceless. At least in this case the person asking the question understood the answer.

Reaction Score
Seems like everyone will try to copy this but you need the players and coaching to make it work effectively. If the players don’t know what to do 99% of the time, it’ll just increase turnovers.
Yea I agree you need the players to make it happen for sure. But let’s not think that we corner the market with the smartest players out there. hope Hurley not revealing too much of the secret sauce

Reaction Score
Yea I agree you need the players to make it happen for sure. But let’s not think that we corner the market with the smartest players out there. hope Hurley not revealing too much of the secret sauce
Any good scout already sees what the actions are. The field of 68 preview for the 24 San Diego state game mentioned just how many variations he had in his binder. They can see it, but defending it is tough when there are sooo many ways eachmpleme t formation can evolve. While it’s easy to see just how difficult it is to defend, I can’t see many being able to implement this offense without a high bbiq roster and a core of those already experienced with the system.

Reaction Score
Any good scout already sees what the actions are. The field of 68 preview for the 24 San Diego state game mentioned just how many variations he had in his binder. They can see it, but defending it is tough when there are sooo many ways eachmpleme t formation can evolve. While it’s easy to see just how difficult it is to defend, I can’t see many being able to implement this offense without a high bbiq roster and a core of those already experienced with the system.

This is also why it is harder to play in conference - the other coaches haven't seen it live so it is harder to prepare for.

Reaction Score
Big east teams know better how to slow down Uconn. After going 21-2 they cannot stop it either.

You can replicate play books on offense that is the easy part. But the relentless defense Uconn plays with and the constant movement and cutting on offense. Rebounding effort etc. is all Hurley. So many teams are going to try to replicate the Uconn recipe, very few will succeed as you need great coaching to fully get your players to buy in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom