2024-25 Starting Lineup | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2024-25 Starting Lineup

Reaction Score
He said the same thing about Ice last summer too. I think you have to take Geno's commentary on players with a giant grain of salt.
I think you have to distinguish the encouragement he gives to rehabbing players from the things he says about players joining the team. When Jana first showed up -- before her injury 6 months later -- he praised her in practice and suggested she'd be a special player. He said something similar about Dorka when she first arrived. About Lou Lopez Senechal he called her a special offensive talent who focused on doing what she does well the same way every time -- and then he poked fun about her defensive development ("We may have to score 100 every game to win."). Well, her defense improved, and her offensive teamwork was exactly as he said, if not even better.

Reaction Score
He said the same thing about Ice last summer too. I think you have to take Geno's commentary on players with a giant grain of salt.
I disagree. He didn’t hype Ice up much during the summer. He did say she was the most important piece to develop going to the season because we really needed her to develop. I think he expressed a great deal of hesitation about Ice going into the season actually.

Reaction Score
I disagree. He didn’t hype Ice up much during the summer. He did say she was the most important piece to develop going to the season because we really needed her to develop. I think he expressed a great deal of hesitation about Ice going into the season actually.
I remember, before her injury, he was definitely praising her as a highly skilled player that was going to make a difference. I think her struggles this past season can largely be attributed to the injury and that, had the injury not occurred, we would have seen a much different Ice in her freshman year.
As for Jana, those of us who are hyping her are doing so because even though the competition was not the best we still can take away certain things that lead us to believe she is going to be very good. She has good handles, she runs like a deer, she can shoot all the way out to the arc, she’s big, and she very obviously loves the game and can’t wait to play! She’s also been practicing and/or watching for a year and a half now. Surely she is learning throughout all of that? Do I think she will be an All American this coming season? No, but I do expect she will be one in a couple of years.
Sarah’s credentials speak for themselves. I believe she will be, at minimum, similar to Booker at Texas in her first season. I think she will very quickly become one of our best, most effective players and is very likely a starter from day one.

Reaction Score
I remember, before her injury, he was definitely praising her as a highly skilled player that was going to make a difference. I think her struggles this past season can largely be attributed to the injury and that, had the injury not occurred, we would have seen a much different Ice in her freshman year.
As for Jana, those of us who are hyping her are doing so because even though the competition was not the best we still can take away certain things that lead us to believe she is going to be very good. She has good handles, she runs like a deer, she can shoot all the way out to the arc, she’s big, and she very obviously loves the game and can’t wait to play! She’s also been practicing and/or watching for a year and a half now. Surely she is learning throughout all of that? Do I think she will be an All American this coming season? No, but I do expect she will be one in a couple of years.
Sarah’s credentials speak for themselves. I believe she will be, at minimum, similar to Booker at Texas in her first season. I think she will very quickly become one of our best, most effective players and is very likely a starter from day one.
Strong being Booker in year one is definitely high praise/expectations. I respect it.

Reaction Score
Who expected Booker to be Booker last year? The stars aligned for her and she stepped up. Sarah is certainly capable of doing the same.
Yeah, I agree but I will say she was really impressive in the u19 tournament last summer. Her, Hildalgo, Kitts all played really well which kinda foreshadowed their seasons. Additionally Vic Schaefer was raving about her super early. Not April early so time will tell

Reaction Score
Yup, exactly like Sarah this year. High expectations of a very talented kid who doesn’t fit easily into the usual categories and is excellent across several positions.

Reaction Score
Paige
KK
Ash
Jana
Sarah
(Depending on Portal Development, Sarah’s spot to Portal player)

Reaction Score
For me, no way Azzi Fudd starts on the bench if she's healthy. Big if, perhaps, but still...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom