2016 positional targets | The Boneyard

2016 positional targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is it me or our biggest targets a little strange for 2016? I'd love to have gilbert but we have adams who I think will be here at least 3 years, hard to believe a top 50 kid would want to come knowing he couldn't run the show until potentially his junior year.
Then we jones and gabriel at the 4. I have to believe signing diarra can't help our chances with either of them although again snagging one would be fantastic. It seems like we are looking for people who spots would come with a good deal of competition.
What we are doing at the 3 makes sense to me se I'm not going to go into that.
Positions we seemingly have need for would be the 2 and the 5 and we haven't strongly targeted anyone of note in 2016 other than brown who we seemed to have cooled on. Heron would be awesome but it doesn't seem like we've ever generated much ground there.

From this I draw two conclusions after the success in 2014 ollie is looking to play 2 pgs whether he gets gilbert this year or waters next year. Secondly hes all in on z. brown in 2017 to replace brimah, which hopefully means were are strong with him currently.

I'm in no way an insider but just my general thoughts, interested in what others think.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Ollie had no issues playing Bazz and Boat together. I don't think JA and and Gilbert would be any different. I'm very bullish on RP but I'm almost certain that he'll be a 4-year player for us. It would be nice if we could bring in a highly-ranked SG to have a year of understudy behind RP before taking over, but it's not the end of the world if that doesn't happen.

T. Jones we seem to be cooling on. I'll admit that I haven't watched too much of Gabriel's tape, but from the scouting reports/comparisons I've read I think he would be a fine fit with Diarra. Diarra seems to be a traditional 4/5 post player, whereas Gabriel appears to be more of a stretch-4 type (the Donyell comp was very intriguing).

Center I'm also not as worried about considering that SE could potentially shift there. He definitely has the size, but it depends how he develops. His perimeter game is stronger than most bigs we tend to bring in, so that could be a factor that makes KO wary of putting him at the 5. Then again, Diarra also might not be done growing. He could end up being a center by the time he comes in.

caw

Reaction Score
Just my opinion:

Gilbert is to Boat as Adams is to Napier. Completely workable. Gilbert appears to be UConns top choice at the Pg position but there are a few other offers out there: Murray, Fisher, etc.

At the two it's hard to tell what is going on but Diallo appears to be an option to reclassify. If he does, I imagine he is UConns top choice there.

At the three, well you don't want to get into that.

At the four I think you have two types of bigs, Diarra/Jones (true four) and Larrier/Gabriel (3/4 hybrid). I think UConn is definitely still trying to get one like the later.

Should know more once Larrier commits somewhere.

If UConn can get Diarra (verbal), Gilbert and Larrier/Gabriel to sign in the fall it's a very good start.

Reaction Score
At the three, well you don't want to get into that.

I'm just saying its seems like we are looking for a traditional 3 larrier or king to replace dham but if you had something to add im open to discuss

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Hamidou Diallo reclassifying changes the game. Hope it happens.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
PG Gilbert, W Larrier/King, F Diarra, F Gabriel, take Heron if he reciprocates interest and definitely Diallo if he reclassifies. Overloading in 16 would close a lot of doors in 17, especially with guards. Waters, Diallo, El-Amin, Samuels and plenty of others in 17 at the 1-3 spots. And I agree with OP he seems all in on Brown for 17. In a lot of ways the 17 class excites me even more than the 16 class. Lots of great local talent.

Reaction Score
I really can't believe this thread was made. You need to know how recruiting works.Gimme all the best players available that fit the team even if it's 5 point guards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom