2016 Commit #5 - Tahj Herring (DB/WR) Suffield CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
CIiPMs_WcAA-cJo.jpg

Reaction Score
Very excited to get this kid. Instate kid with P5 offers is a good get. Welcome Tahj, glad to have you.

Reaction Score
impressive, recruiting has gone much better than expected

Reaction Score
From an AK on TOS Interview in May.

>>Tahj Herring is the one fielding interest from around the country. He also happens to be quite close with McAllister. "That's one of my best friends," he told UConn Report, "so we talk all the time. He tells me how the players act with each other, and what the coaches are like."

>>Herring currently holds offers from Virginia and Vanderbilt in addition to UConn. Boston College is close to offering, and he has been in touch with Duke, Penn State, Michigan, and Wisconsin, among others.<<

>>The junior shared his thoughts on the main factors behind his college decision: "Definitely the academics, then how close I feel I could be with the team, and if I could see myself being at that school in terms of campus life. Also, if I see a trend in the right direction for the football program."<<

>>There are a lot of positives for Herring with UConn, including the facilities, which are "a lot better than what I've seen at other schools, very state-of-the-art." He also would cherish playing in his home state. "I think that's a great opportunity, to be the hometown hero, and play for the state I grew up in. It's also good because it's in close proximity to my family." Regarding the tight-knit team he seeks, Herring has seen it at UConn as part of a broader culture change, "the players are a lot closer than I've seen before. They're all one team."<<

Reaction Score
From an AK on TOS Interview in May.

>>Tahj Herring is the one fielding interest from around the country. He also happens to be quite close with McAllister. "That's one of my best friends," he told UConn Report, "so we talk all the time. He tells me how the players act with each other, and what the coaches are like."

>>Herring currently holds offers from Virginia and Vanderbilt in addition to UConn. Boston College is close to offering, and he has been in touch with Duke, Penn State, Michigan, and Wisconsin, among others.<<

>>The junior shared his thoughts on the main factors behind his college decision: "Definitely the academics, then how close I feel I could be with the team, and if I could see myself being at that school in terms of campus life. Also, if I see a trend in the right direction for the football program."<<

>>There are a lot of positives for Herring with UConn, including the facilities, which are "a lot better than what I've seen at other schools, very state-of-the-art." He also would cherish playing in his home state. "I think that's a great opportunity, to be the hometown hero, and play for the state I grew up in. It's also good because it's in close proximity to my family." Regarding the tight-knit team he seeks, Herring has seen it at UConn as part of a broader culture change, "the players are a lot closer than I've seen before. They're all one team."<<
I wish I could like this 10 times

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Congrats to our newest Husky.

Thanks to our current Husky.

Congrats to Coach and his staff.

And congrats to Warde - guy has taken a lot of heat but is well on his way to last laugh.

Outside of TJ's run at the end of 2013 it's been four and a half bleak years. This is how it gets fixed.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Tarik Black ‏@LetmeRockk_ 26m26 minutes ago (Cheshire Academy - 2017 UConn Offer)
@T_Herring005 CONGRATS BROO

@SavageLew_14 26m26 minutes ago (CJ Lewis, @Cheshire Academy - 2017 UConn Offer)
@T_Herring005 Congrats Bro

NoelThomas055:04pm via Twitter for iPhone
Nice jersey! Congrats

AmbitiousQ155:28pm via Twitter for iPhone (Koby Quansah)
@T_Herring005 Congrats my guy!✊

_Savage1_6:36pm via Twitter for iPhone (CJ Holmes @Cheshire Academy - 2017 UConn Offer)
@T_Herring005 Lituation Congrats brudda ‼️

Bell cow recruit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member