2016 Commit #4 - Quayvon Skanes (WR/S) Chicago Illinois | The Boneyard

2016 Commit #4 - Quayvon Skanes (WR/S) Chicago Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Beth_Long 2:02pm via Twitter Web Client
.@AUSLWPAHS rising senior WR Quayvon Skanes committed to#Uconn, a tough decision that came down to comfort scout.com/college/footba…@Quayvon9

>>Chicago Phillips rising senior wide receiver Quayvon Skanes is headed to Connecticut to play his college ball.

Skanes top three included the Huskies, Northwestern and Central Michigan -- and it was a decision that he had a tough time making, because he liked all three schools so much.

"It was a tough decision. All three schools I really liked, so I had to find something that was different and would set one apart. To me it felt like Uconn was the best fit for me. All the way around, as far as school and football. It was the best fit for me," Skanes said. He added, "Those schools were in my top three because the coaching staffs. I talked to all of them a lot. They all showed me love, and stayed in touch with me."<<

Reaction Score
Had me by 2 minutes... :rolleyes:

Anyway, Diaco and staff are on a roll. Another good commit. Chose UConn over Northwestern and Central Michigan.

What a difference a week can make. Have to feel really good about the guys the staff has brought in so far. Slow start, but they're rolling now.

Reaction Score
I really like what's happening here. UCONN for years has had a hard time recruiting impact players. All of these players who have committed so far fit that criteria. Size, speed athletic, the ability to make things happen. It is still early, but this could be and excellent class. Keep it going Bob.

Reaction Score
I really like what's happening here. UCONN for years has had a hard time recruiting impact players. All of these players who have committed so far fit that criteria. Size, speed athletic, the ability to make things happen. It is still early, but this could be and excellent class. Keep it going Bob.

OMY I have a stomachache. This guy is only 5'7". And his Big offers are just from Illinois and Northwestern. And all those FCS OFFERS! What if he was flipped from
Central Michigan? And Coach BD makes seven figures... What a world, what a world, what a world!!!

Seriously, welcome aboard Quayvon. You're going to love playing here and we're
Going to love watching you!

Reaction Score
OMY I have a stomachache. This guy is only 5'7". And his Big offers are just from Illinois and Northwestern. And all those FCS OFFERS! What if he was flipped from
Central Michigan? And Coach BD makes seven figures... What a world, what a world, what a world!!!

Seriously, welcome aboard Quayvon. You're going to love playing here and we're
Going to love watching you!

You guys that bait whaler will be the first ones b!tching and moaning when this thread goes sideways. And then feign outrage that it's not about the kid.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Welcome to UConn, Quayvon!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You guys that bait whaler will be the first ones b!tching and moaning when this thread goes sideways. And then feign outrage that it's not about the kid.

It's fairly amazing..

I spent a week pointing out that our expectations shouldn't be so low and got killed. Gee maybe I was right it's not out of line to have expectations to beat a Northwestern, an NC State, Duke and actual FBS schools.

The funny part to me is that I'm negative for having expectations - but the positive people are the ones who gave up and set their expectations to zero.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Nice to see UConn extending recruiting to chicago. And Quayvon Skanes sounds like a fun name to say out loud, best one since Jazzmar Clax.

Reaction Score
Welcome to UConn Quayvon!!! Glad to have you,on board.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It's fairly amazing..

I spent a week pointing out that our expectations shouldn't be so low and got killed. Gee maybe I was right it's not out of line to have expectations to beat a Northwestern, an NC State, Duke and actual FBS schools.

The funny part to me is that I'm negative for having expectations - but the positive people are the ones who gave up and set their expectations to zero.
Nothing wrong with standards. At the same time - your criticism of recruiting was extrapolating a year's recruiting class based on a sample size of one. Just sayin'.

Reaction Score
It's fairly amazing..

I like how you win no matter what the outcome ... that's kind of Trump-like. (leaving out the Trump bankruptcies, litigation, lost jobs, hurt feelings)

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
It's fairly amazing..

Admittedly, I gave you a hard time in that thread. It was mainly about judging Diaco based on one recruiting class (his first as a head coach for that matter) that we haven't even see play yet. In any event, I think most of the frustration on both sides of the argument is born out of disappointment in where the program is. It's refreshing to see you having a positive outlook though because the staff must be doing something right I guess.

Welcome to the Huskies, Quayvon.

Reaction Score
It's fairly amazing..

Your name is "low expectations" Whaler. That's how people see you here!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Nice to see UConn extending recruiting to chicago. And Quayvon Skanes sounds like a fun name to say out loud, best one since Jazzmar Clax.
It's right in Coach Diaco's his targeted area. He stated in his introductory press conference that he wants to focus on city's with airports offering direct flights to New England. Bradley is as far from a hub as it can get. 90% of the places I've flown out of Windsor connect through Midway or O'Hare.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

More because you wet your pants in mid June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom