2015 schedule | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2015 schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm still not so sure why everyone is so sure we have to beat Nova just because they are FCS. If you rank all of the opponents they are not the worst team.

Reaction Score
Beyond excited the last home game is pre-Thanksgiving. My dumb brother is getting married the day of the Navy game. Boooooo

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm still not so sure why everyone is so sure we have to beat Nova just because they are FCS. If you rank all of the opponents they are not the worst team.
Because why depress yourself any further before it's absolutely necessary? It's February and there's 3 1/2 feet of snow on the ground and by the time September rolls around, everyone involved is still 0-0. Finally, the consequences of a loss occurring in a game played in over six months from now are quite frankly just too depressing to contemplate.

Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
Because why depress yourself any further before it's absolutely necessary? It's February and there's 3 1/2 feet of snow on the ground and by the time September rolls around, everyone involved is still 0-0. Finally, the consequences of a loss occurring in a game played in over six months from now are quite frankly just too depressing to contemplate.

All I'm saying is we could lose to Nova and still win 5 or 6 games. People act like if we don't we will be staring at 0-12.

Reaction Score
Those first 4 road games are absolutely brutal.

6 wins would be quite an accomplishment with this schedule.

Reaction Score
I've set up a Chiefs game the same weekend as the Mizzou game. Will be fun no matter what.

Reaction Score
Hey...we might all be in for a shock and the team just might improve from last year, pound Nova, get revenge on Army and USF and generally make the program look like it's heading in the right direction. Stranger things have happened and believe it or not other teams have improved from year to year so why not this one. I'm gonna take a leap of faith and be optimistic. I mean if P(D)uke can improve anybody can.

Reaction Score
Chin Diesel said:
UConn has lost the last game played against every team on the schedule. Overconfidence shouldn't be an issue.

While that's not technically correct, your point is well taken. To win, we need to leapfrog three teams. I just dint see it happening.

Husky25

Reaction Score
All I'm saying is we could lose to Nova and still win 5 or 6 games. People act like if we don't we will be staring at 0-12.
In the prediction thread, I put UConn's best case scenario at 7-6 (bowl game loss), but they need 7 regular season wins to make a bowl. I don't think mere bowl eligibility makes the cut in the AAC. However I can just as easily see 4-8.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
From a quick look it seems that every AAC team minus Navy only has one BYE. Is that something being done intentionally? Last year we had three and I thought that was the most we'd ever had. I thought we usually had 2. I can dig the one BYE week. Hated having three BYE weeks that always coincided with a disgusting loss.

Reaction Score
Against this schedule there is enough talent to win 10 games. We won't come anywhere near that and spend the entire season wondering why.

Gimme Nova and Army or else. I expect losses at BYU and Missouri. The Navy game should tell us the state of the program if we make it that far.

Win those three and a bowl bid becomes a strong possibility. Lose any one of those first two and it's time to rethink the Diaco era.
Holy puck Batman this must be a hockey thing! A season and a half is an era....This when starting from scratch??? We all have opinions I guess....

Reaction Score
From a quick look it seems that every AAC team minus Navy only has one BYE. Is that something being done intentionally? Last year we had three and I thought that was the most we'd ever had. I thought we usually had 2. I can dig the one BYE week. Hated having three BYE weeks that always coincided with a disgusting loss.

This season is starting a week later and ending a week earlier. 3 bye weeks suck. I like 1 bye much better.

Reaction Score

It's not about beating an FCS team just because they're FCS. It's about UConn finally getting out of their own way and no longer being too perpetually incompetent to win what would otherwise be very winnable games at the very minimum for any other program. We shouldn't be worried about games like Nova and whether or not UConn is even going to show up.

Reaction Score
Looks like I will have a second opportunity to try to put together a boys weekend to New Orleans to catch UConn play Tulane. Hopefully, 5 years from now, we'll be talking about a bi-annual trip to State College PA and periodic road trips to Ann Arbor, Madison, Minneapolis, etc.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Looks like I will have a second opportunity to try to put together a boys weekend to New Orleans to catch UConn play Tulane. Hopefully, 5 years from now, we'll be talking about a bi-annual trip to State College PA and periodic road trips to Ann Arbor, Madison, Minneapolis, etc.

Little known fact for the day. Biannual and semiannual both mean twice a year. Biennial means every 2 years.

Now you, too, can be the guy that corrects people's word choices when they never asked you to. Especially on the internet. :D

Husky25

Reaction Score
Little known fact for the day. Biannual and semiannual both mean twice a year. Biennial means every 2 years.

Now you, too, can be the guy that corrects people's word choices when they never asked you to. Especially on the internet. :D
When used in the manner above, Internet is a proper noun in order to distinguish it from generic inter-networks (e.g. Dedicated network connecting multiple inter-company office space locations). It is capitalized. :cool:

Reaction Score
When used in the manner above, Internet is a proper noun in order to distinguish it from generic inter-networks (e.g. Dedicated network connecting multiple inter-company office space locations). It is capitalized. :cool:

Lucky for me, if get lucky and score a boys trip to New Orleans, my vocabulary shoudl be limited to 3 letter (rum) and 4 letter words (beer, shot, etc.).:cool:

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Sorry, but you got my mistake wrong. I actually meant to say on them internets.

Reaction Score
It pains me to say this but if we go 5-7 the season will be a success based on our recent history.

Reaction Score
BYUSportsNation 12:18pm via TweetDeck
BYU Football Game 5: UCONN
CD2kfzAXIAAaoRb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads